Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had NEBCO Locust Reign today - delicious!
Nice. Love that one and they don't make it nearly often enough, so it doesn't get the rep of some of the others. IIRC it's essentially a DIPA version of Galaxy, which I also love. Where are they pouring that, at the brewery? Or did you find it on tap somewhere?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just had ballast point victory at the sea for anyone who enjoys a strong coffee stout this is a must try!
Great beer. Technically an imperial porter, not a stout--but you're right, anyone who likes that will love this. Vanilla in there, too. I'm not usually one for flavored beers, but that one works very well, and it masks a ton of booze very effectively.

Reaction Score
8893 said:
Cigar City Jai Lai IPA in cans. Awesome.

I think it is probably the best beer ever. I like Switchback better for every day beer, but Jai Lai is my go to for IPA.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yup. Picked up some Jai Alai for my vacation, and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks @8893.

Reaction Score
I think it is probably the best beer ever. I like Switchback better for every day beer, but Jai Lai is my go to for IPA.

Had a Switchback in a bar in Westfield MA a few weeks back, real good tasting beer for me. Agree!

Reaction Score
I've spent most of the winter drinking southern CT beers.
Two Roads - tried most of them. Hit or miss.
Love - Lil heaven, Road to Ruin, Route of all Evil,
Don't like - Rye 95, No Limits, Road Jam
Thimble Island - Recommend the Coffee Stout,
Stony Creek - all good, but there are better IPAs out there
Half Full - Ale was good, Toasted Ale stunk
New England - Sea Hag is fantastic
OEC - haven't acquired the taste for sour beers. Cute place though
Black Hog - liked everything except the Ginga Ninja
Charter Oak - never again

Reaction Score
So this came across my facebook as a targeted ad. https://www.facebook.com/threehuskiesbrewing If i'm ever up that way may need to make a detour.

Also I'm not sure if anyone on here might have anything interesting to trade but I'm going on a beercation next weekend to Burlington and Portland and plan on coming home with Heady, Swish, Substance, Epiphany and some Hill Farmstead and would be willing to trade some if anyone has some hard to find IPA's (Julius, Pliny etc)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So I am new here and just came upon this thread. Have you guys had this "Bud Light" stuff, holy * its so good. Definitely my vote for best beer, you can thank me later.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
So I am new here and just came upon this thread. Have you guys had this "Bud Light" stuff, holy * its so good. Definitely my vote for best beer, you can thank me later.

upload_2015-4-18_20-48-1.jpeg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
@8893 The more I drink this Jai Alai, the more I like it. Very good out of the can, but just pouring one in a glass for the first time and it's even better here. Assuming I'm not going to be able to find this up here in CT, and that makes me sad.

BTW, I stayed in Disney World and saw a ton of UConn shirts while in the parks, probably more than any other school. Our brand is strong.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
@8893 The more I drink this Jai Alai, the more I like it. Very good out of the can, but just pouring one in a glass for the first time and it's even better here. Assuming I'm not going to be able to find this up here in CT, and that makes me sad.

BTW, I stayed in Disney World and saw a ton of UConn shirts while in the parks, probably more than any other school. Our brand is strong.
Or you only notice the UConn shirts. I know personally I can walk through a crowded place like a mall or sporting event and not notice anything anyone is wearing, but the second someone wearing a UConn shirt walks into the facility I spot em immediately, its like a sixth sense.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nice. Glad you like it. You can't get it in CT, but you can get it in NY, including NYC. There's a Whole Foods near Lincoln Center and I grab it there before heading over to the outdoor concerts they have at Lincoln Center over the summer. I have also had it on tap in NYC, at Gingerman, Pony Bar and Rattle-n-Hum iirc.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Or you only notice the UConn shirts. I know personally I can walk through a crowded place like a mall or sporting event and not notice anything anyone is wearing, but the second someone wearing a UConn shirt walks into the facility I spot em immediately, its like a sixth sense.

Yeah, you're probably right. Although I had this same thought go through my mind late in the week and tried to pay a little more attention to all college shirts, and it still seemed like UConn was the most well represented. However, I'm sure I wasn't nearly as focused on it as I wanted to be.

Reaction Score
Rico444 said:
Yeah, you're probably right. Although I had this same thought go through my mind late in the week and tried to pay a little more attention to all college shirts, and it still seemed like UConn was the most well represented. However, I'm sure I wasn't nearly as focused on it as I wanted to be.

I almost got decked once in the 1990s - girl was wearing a Northeastern shirt with our husky logo. I got to staring at the logo and wondering how the hell they could get away with using it for a Northeastern shirt - her BF wanted to know what I was staring at. He wasn't convinced I was thinking about logos.

So be careful. Don't focus too closely.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Just bought some Rolling Rocks on the way back from class. They're fantastic. Hitting up the bar later for $2 drinks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What is the best beer bottle to smash and then use as an improvised weapon to stab someone in the throat?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
What is the best beer bottle to smash and then use as an improvised weapon to stab someone in the throat?
Without a doubt...Corona. Mexicans know throat stabbing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had dinner at Plan B in Glastonbury and really enjoyed a couple pints of Ballast Point's Habanero Sculpin IPA. Definitely has a very spicy bite, but very good balanced against the hops. This is the first I've seen of it in the state.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Had dinner at Plan B in Glastonbury and really enjoyed a couple pints of Ballast Point's Habanero Sculpin IPA. Definitely has a very spicy bite, but very good balanced against the hops. This is the first I've seen of it in the state.

Let's hope this means they're bringing more of the Grapefruit Sculpin in. Still looking to try it.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I've spent most of the winter drinking southern CT beers.
Two Roads - tried most of them. Hit or miss.
Love - Lil heaven, Road to Ruin, Route of all Evil,
Don't like - Rye 95, No Limits, Road Jam
Black Hog
- liked everything except the Ginga Ninja
Charter Oak - never again

The two roads white ipa (honeyspot - heh heh heh - is a damned fine summer beer. Their session IPA is pretty good too, but not as good as the unbelievably good Founders all day.

I'm digging black hog in a serious way right now. Easy Ryeda is a winner. I enjoyed the ginga quite a bit - De gustibus non est disputandum

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The two roads white ipa (honeyspot - heh heh heh - is a damned fine summer beer. Their session IPA is pretty good too, but not as good as the unbelievably good Founders all day.

I'm digging black hog in a serious way right now. Easy Ryeda is a winner. I enjoyed the ginga quite a bit - De gustibus non est disputandum

Honeyspot is one of my favorite beers, but lil' heaven is the perfect summer beer in my mind. Can't wait to sit outside all day on Memorial Day drinking it out of cans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom