Beer | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I've been hearing raves about Tree House from everyone. I've got to get there soon.

My buddy who is huge into craft beers has been talking up tree house to me for at least the past 3 years. I had never seen it anywhere until last year. The couple I've tried, from my buddy after he came back from their brewery, were delicious. No clue what they were

Reaction Score
Had a couple Monks' Flemish Sour Ale's at the Greene Turtle and that's a very different beer. When it hits first you think awful but then the aftertaste isn't as bad as expected. Little fruity, sour and even almost vinegary yet curious. I had to have 2 to wonder what the hell I liked about it. When done with the 2nd I still wasn't sure LOL then I was onto Belvedere and Soda's LOL

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Just curious anyone on here from VT where Heady Topper is available and mind picking up a case I've wanted to drive up and get some but don't want to take the risk of driving 3 hrs each way just for the stores to be already sold out of the morning deliveries but would definitely do it it was already bought and just had to pay someone and pick it up?

Reaction Score
Had a couple Monks' Flemish Sour Ale's at the Greene Turtle and that's a very different beer. When it hits first you think awful but then the aftertaste isn't as bad as expected. Little fruity, sour and even almost vinegary yet curious. I had to have 2 to wonder what the hell I liked about it. When done with the 2nd I still wasn't sure LOL then I was onto Belvedere and Soda's LOL

Sours are bazaar, not my bag. The other oddities are wild ales. If you're ever in CA seek out Russian River. Aside from trying their Pliny's check out their wild ales. Supplication, Consecration, etc.

Reaction Score
Treehouse is a great brewery. They just expanded and started canning but primarily will still only be available at the brewery. I've tried some through friends but plan on making a trip up when they are at full production.

In the last 2 weeks I've also checked out Steady Habit Brewing in Haddam and Black Pond Brews in Danielson. I expect big things out of Steady Habit. They opened up less than 2 months ago and are still on their provisional license but they put out some great beers. I'll be back down there this weekend to try their mosaic IPA which has gotten great reviews. Black Pond Brews is also another very small upstart but they also had some great beers including a jalepeno saison.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So my local didn't have Sip of Sunshine or Captain's Daughter this week, but he did have this, which is outrageously good. I wouldn't drink it during Saturday's game for fear of giving UK good mojo, but now that they've lost I'm enjoying it like Tiger's Blood. Otherwise dressed in full UConn regalia. I don't have any Wisconsin garb, but I figure UConn garb is proven to be the most effective Duke Final Four Kryptonite known to man.

435787356_3a048c2981.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So my local didn't have Sip of Sunshine or Captain's Daughter this week, but he did have this, which is outrageously good. I wouldn't drink it during Saturday's game for fear of giving UK good mojo, but now that they've lost I'm enjoying it like Tiger's Blood. Otherwise dressed in full UConn regalia. I don't have any Wisconsin garb, but I figure UConn garb is proven to be the most effective Duke Final Four Kryptonite known to man.

435787356_3a048c2981.jpg
WHERE DO YOU GET CAPTAINS DAUGHTER IN CT?

Reaction Score
gtcam said:
All over, when it's available. Just ask. Most sell it out of the back.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I drank an 8 month old 'gansett Summer Ale. :confused:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All over, when it's available. Just ask. Most sell it out of the back.
This. Go to the package store most convenient to you and ask. If they say they get it, start buying all your other booze there and they will "let" you buy the Captain's Daughter (and Sip of Sunshine, Gandhi-Bot, etc.) when they have it. I'm hearing more and more complaints from retailers about guys who are following the delivery trucks and running into stores they don't frequent otherwise and simply asking for these beers. The retailers are refusing to sell to them because they know they aren't regular customers.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
This. Go to the package store most convenient to you and ask. If they say they get it, start buying all your other booze there and they will "let" you buy the Captain's Daughter (and Sip of Sunshine, Gandhi-Bot, etc.) when they have it. I'm hearing more and more complaints from retailers about guys who are following the delivery trucks and running into stores they don't frequent otherwise and simply asking for these beers. The retailers are refusing to sell to them because they know they aren't regular customers.

Places are now keeping Sea Hag in the back as well.

Reaction Score

435787356_3a048c2981.jpg

Canadian Breakfast Stout is even better.....if you can find it. Aged in bourbon barrels that were used for maple syrup.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Places are now keeping Sea Hag in the back as well.
I bought a six of Sea Hag Friday, it used to be plenty on hand and now it's scarce. It didn't taste any better to me, I don't really understand why it's taking off.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Had some Sculpin IPA the other day; very, very good. Unfortunately I couldn't get hold of the Grapefruit version, but I hear that's the best one. Will have to keep on the lookout for it.

Reaction Score
Do they sell their beer at New England Bottling, or what? That would be the simplest way to make money, no? Just sell it from the front of the plant? Can you drive up there and buy it?

Reaction Score
Oysters and Heineken Sunday afternoons during football season at "ol" Thames landing in New London. Damm those were good days. Miss them.

Reaction Score
Do they sell their beer at New England Bottling, or what? That would be the simplest way to make money, no? Just sell it from the front of the plant? Can you drive up there and buy it?

Are you talking about New England Brewing Company in Woodbridge?

You can go there with growlers and fill them at the brewery. I believe their facebook page lets you know what they have available. When Fuzzy baby ducks is available prepare to wait a long long time if you dont get there early.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about New England Brewing Company in Woodbridge?

You can go there with growlers and fill them at the brewery. I believe their facebook page lets you know what they have available. When Fuzzy baby ducks is available prepare to wait a long long time if you dont get there early.

Yes, I was. Unforunately, since I'm only in New Haven a few times a year, I wanted to buy cans. I'll be traveling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom