Beer | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Anybody here up on the brewery/brewpub scene in the Worcester, MA area??? Our youngest daughter got a very nice package from Clark U....we just spent Fri and Sat. up there...looks like we may be up there a few times a year and my wife and I will definitely will need something to do other than walking around campus.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I need to start keeping a list of all the high praise beers on this thread. Just so I am prepared. :)
I don't want to get to the stage of googling beers on my phone for reviews. Some stores have knowledgeable staff, sometimes there is no one around. When Bourbon county came out I asked a guy if they had any. He kept it in back, so I bought a bottle of the stout and the barley wine without asking the price. It rang up as $20 for two 12 oz bottles, which was pretty stunning. They were great, but I never would have tried them if they were out in open at that price.

Reaction Score
Just a year ago, my wife of 25 years was still a Coors Light/Rolling Rock girl. Then Yuengling showed up again in CT...The first time we hit the Ski Sundown Brewfest last summer, at every table she would just ask "which one is the lightest??", but she discovered some lighter ales and medium bodied beers with REAL flavor.

Two night ago she came home with a pricey six pack of Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian IPA. I was so proud I swear I almost cried.

I let her find out about the 8.4% ABV on her own.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anybody here up on the brewery/brewpub scene in the Worcester, MA area??? Our youngest daughter got a very nice package from Clark U....we just spent Fri and Sat. up there...looks like we may be up there a few times a year and my wife and I will definitely will need something to do other than walking around campus.
Congrats on the college news!!!

Great news for you is that Armsby Abbey is one of the best gastropubs in the Northeast. And their Dive Bar around the corner is also a great little beer bar. Among other things, they will both frequently have one or two beers from Hill Farmstead on tap. When they do, get them.

The food at Armsby is also ridiculously good, and it's a great room. You can spend an hour or four there very easily. http://armsbyabbey.com/

Reaction Score
Went to the Dogfish Eats and Brewery in Reboboth DE Friday night and tasted a bunch of different beers but I can't remember any of them! :eek:

Reaction Score

Great news for you is that Armsby Abbey is one of the best gastropubs in the Northeast. And their Dive Bar around the corner is also a great little beer bar. Among other things, they will both frequently have one or two beers from Hill Farmstead on tap. When they do, get them.

The food at Armsby is also ridiculously good, and it's a great room. You can spend an hour or four there very easily.
I was going to say the same. Armsby Abbey is great. They have beers there that you don't see anywhere else around the area.

Brew City on Shrewsbury Street is a good beer bar also.

Never been to Wormtown Brewery but sounds like they have a brewpub in another restaurant.

You could always hang out at Moynihan's on Main Street and the Blarney Stone on Par Avenue near campus. Well unless you value your life! Search reviews on both on Yelp if you don't believe me.

Reaction Score

The food at Armsby is also ridiculously good, and it's a great room. You can spend an hour or four there very easily.

Is Hill Farmstead finally starting to distribute kegs? I've never seen them anywhere in CT or Mass. Will they be coming to Boston?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is Hill Farmstead finally starting to distribute kegs? I've never seen them anywhere in CT or Mass. Will they be coming to Boston?

They've been in NY for years now. Not in CT yet. As for MA, I only know that Armsby and Dive Bar have it; haven't been/looked elsewhere in years. If anyone has it in Boston, I'd imagine it would be Lord Hobo.

Reaction Score
They've been in NY for years now. Not in CT yet. As for MA, I only know that Armsby and Dive Bar have it; haven't been/looked elsewhere in years. If anyone has it in Boston, I'd imagine it would be Lord Hobo.

I've been to just about every bar in greater Boston over the span of the last two years and I haven't seen it anywhere, but I've got to imagine it's coming if its in Worcester. Nice to see Goose Island covering the landscape though. Love me some Bourbon County. As far as newer breweries in Eastern MA, Tree House and Trillium are blowing up quickly. Tree House isn't far over the boarder from Storrs and was the hit of the Extreme Brewfest. Trillium is expanding their operations outside of the city in Canton. They need to open a tasting room in the Fort Point locale though, for now its just growler pours.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been hearing raves about Tree House from everyone. I've got to get there soon.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bought Keystone Light for a party I had last night. It's like an undervalued, dependable car. It gets you to where you need to go. It did a good job.

Reaction Score
Bought Keystone Light for a party I had last night. It's like an undervalued, dependable car. It gets you to where you need to go. It did a good job.

I often walk out of the packy with a Natty Ice 30 and two dank $10 bottles. Each has its place. When I'm looking to pound for hours (aka session) and budget drink I'm not afraid of Keystone, PBR, Miller, Gansett, etc. When I'm looking to sip and indulge my palate I pick a thick 12% abv barleywine. God bless beer.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I had some weird taste in crappy beer in college. Hated Miller Lite and High Life, but loved Milwaukee's Best and Busch Heavy.

Reaction Score
I had some weird taste in crappy beer in college. Hated Miller Lite and High Life, but loved Milwaukee's Best and Busch Heavy.

Oof, those are some bruisers. The beast had some funk to it. The silver bullet always gave me the day after loose stuff. There was the Extra Gold too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
PBR or Rolling Rock for me in that realm.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You can get 30's of Milwaukee's Best at Total Wine in Norwalk for $12.00 haha.

Reaction Score
Oof, those are some bruisers. The beast had some funk to it. The silver bullet always gave me the day after loose stuff. There was the Extra Gold too.

My dorm rocked Piels in the day. $6.99 a case! You needed a sponge and q-tip the next day, because the dorm style toilet paper just couldn't hack it. We even invited Bill Piels (heir to the Piels fortune and owner of the brewey) to our dorm picnic (at Mansfield Hollow), he was a CT resident and he showed up and signed all of our cans.

10150668_10204587503781691_5976955511625658348_n_zpsyefbu6ia.jpg

Reaction Score
Iron City, Red-White-Blue, Genee Cream Ale, Piels Big Mouths, Mickey's

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reports on the Worcester scene guys.....I KNEW my daughter made a good choice with Clark. Now I'm really sure. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom