Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've got a lone Heady Topper sitting in my fridge from Super Bowl Sunday that my buddy gave me. I'm debating when the perfect time would be to finally crack it open. So it just sits there and waits.
Sorry to be the bearer of this news, but you're already a bit late imo. Drink it tonight. Read the label and you'll see what I mean. It is meant to be consumed fresh--and from the can. Do not pour it into a glass.

I have found that it tastes less hoppy and more boozy the longer it sits, as that fresh burst of hop resins soften a bit. I like to drink it within two weeks or less, definitely less than a month if at all possible.

Bottom line is that the longer you hold it the less impressed you are likely to be with it.

Even the Hill Farmstead Edward I drank on two different days from two different places in the past few days tasted different. The first was very good, but the second was from a keg that had just been tapped and it was extraordinary.

When it comes to hops, fresh matters a lot imo.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Sorry to be the bearer of this news, but you're already a bit late imo. Drink it tonight. Read the label and you'll see what I mean. It is meant to be consumed fresh--and from the can. Do not pour it into a glass.

I have found that it tastes less hoppy and more boozy the longer it sits, as that fresh burst of hop resins soften a bit. I like to drink it within two weeks or less, definitely less than a month if at all possible.

Bottom line is that the longer you hold it the less impressed you are likely to be with it.

Even the Hill Farmstead Edward I drank on two different days from two different places in the past few days tasted different. The first was very good, but the second was from a keg that had just been tapped and it was extraordinary.

When it comes to hops, fresh matters a lot imo.

If this is true, then you have a few long nights ahead of you with the case you just brought home. Hell, you're probably drunk right now! Can we trust your opinion?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If this is true, then you have a few long nights ahead of you with the case you just brought home. Hell, you're probably drunk right now! Can we trust your opinion?
I said we bought a case (last week); I didn't say we brought it all home...

I ended up coming home yesterday with nine cans, of which eight remain.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Enjoy. I definitely want to try it sometime, but know it's very difficult to get a hold of.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Drinking my 2nd Sip of Sunshine now...it's delicious. Instantly one of my favorite beers.

Reaction Score
Filled up a couple of squeelers with Lizard's Breath IPA at Firefly today. Even if I stop in that place solo after work, I always end up talking beer with someone. I need to just quit my job and hang out there. ;)

Tried a new one while I was there....Methuselah English Old Ale...carmel, toffee...earthy....amazingly complex.
firefly 2.jpg
10991313_10206217226899325_2055450347069176088_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Sip of Sunshine is definitely my favorite, bought a couple of 4 packs today in Southington for 13.99. I usually get it in Waterbury for 19.99 so I was pretty happy

Reaction Score
Sip of Sunshine is definitely my favorite, bought a couple of 4 packs today in Southington for 13.99. I usually get it in Waterbury for 19.99 so I was pretty happy
Where in Southington? I'd love to pick some up.

Reaction Score
Southington wine and spirits and worldwide wine and spirits both on queen st

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had to be in Hartford for work again yesterday and stopped by Eli Cannon's in Middletown on my way home. Planned on having a quick beer...until I ran into the best non-event beer list I have ever seen in a CT bar in my life:

New England Brewing Gandhi-Bot
Sea Hag IPA
Maine Beer Co. Lunch
Beer'd Brewing Hobbit Juice
Lawson's Finest Liquids Sip of Sunshine
Two Roads Brewing Road 2 Ruin
Victory Beer
Hop Ranch DIPA
19th Anniversary https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sierra-Nevada-Brewing-Company/103709146335254
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company Hop Hunter IPA
Goose Island Brewery
Bourbon County Brand '13
Bourbon County Brand '14
Bourbon County Barleywine
Dogfish Head Brewery
Punkin
Burton Baton
Olde School
Kvasir
Piercing Pilsner
Raison D'Extra
Chateau Jiahu
Midas Touch
Sebago Brewing Company Frye's Leap IPA
Grey Sail Brewing Company Mary Anne's Ginger
Otter Creek Brewing Citra Mantra
Founders Brewing Company All Day IPA
Harpoon Brewery
Eli Cannons Apricot Blast Nitro
Bronx Brewery Black Pale Ale
Troegs Brewing Troegenator
Smuttynose Brewing Co Gose
Virtue Cider Co. Lapinete Oak Aged Cider
Sixpoint Brewery Righteous
Captain Lawrence Brewing I'll Be Bock
Jack's Abby Brewing Hopstitution #7 Oil
Black Hog Brewing Coffee Milk Stout Nitro
Allagash Brewing White
Narragansett Beer Lager
Guinness Irish Stout

https://www.facebook.com/elicannonsfans/posts/884564824897581

All the ones in bold had just been tapped. Had my first Lunch and Hobbit Juice, and also enjoyed a fresh Gandhi Bot. Lunch won by a nose. Wish I could have stayed for more, but I would have needed a driver.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Ill give a shout out to Thimble Island Brewery in...yes...Branford.

The American ale is a great red ale. And the coffee stout is delish.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Drinking my 2nd Sip of Sunshine now...it's delicious. Instantly one of my favorite beers.
Hey, I actually had one of those on the way to the Tulane game. I agree, very tasty.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holy cow, just cracked my first can of this:

beer_295081.jpg

World class IIPA. Right there with Gandhi-Bot, Sip of Sunshine, etc. Had it once previously, on tap at Eli Cannon's a few weeks ago. Finally tracked down a four pack of the cans today (like those above, it's one that many package store owners are holding for their regular customers and you have to ask for it).

Reaction Score
Holy cow, just cracked my first can of this:

beer_295081.jpg

World class IIPA. Right there with Gandhi-Bot, Sip of Sunshine, etc. Had it once previously, on tap at Eli Cannon's a few weeks ago. Finally tracked down a four pack of the cans today (like those above, it's one that many package store owners are holding for their regular customers and you have to ask for it).

Excellent IPA...Beerfan and I visited GreySail last summer when we did a RI brewery and distillery tour. Their Flying Jenny EPA was nice too.
10483929_10204539827125379_5522398148129086651_n.jpg
10483929_10204539827125379_5522398148129086651_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10524358_10204539833245532_7229456882630416910_n.jpg
    10524358_10204539833245532_7229456882630416910_n.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 24

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nice! I've had the Flying Jenny before and it is very good (and much easier to find). This is great though. Looks like a visit in order.

Reaction Score
Both of you now have a job to do, find a beer that makes UConn play a lot better in the 2nd half. THAT then will be the "best beer"!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No kidding. I had a leftover Sweet Water Spinnerbait from last night and then I moved on to some Shiner White Wing. At the six minute mark I stopped pouring in to a cup and started drinking straight from the bottle.

And UConn went on the run. Tomorrow? Let there be no doubt. Shiner White Wing from the bottle.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Both of you now have a job to do, find a beer that makes UConn play a lot better in the 2nd half. THAT then will be the "best beer"!
For the record, that beer was not Heady Topper. Cracked my last one to start the second half and we played worse and worse--until I finally drained the can. I didn't drink anything else until the after the game was over because I was so distraught at the prospect that we might lose (not to mention that it was some of the ugliest basketball I have ever seen). I was a total freak once we tied it and I couldn't sit until it was over. Then I celebrated with a Sip of Sunshine. Today it will be whatever they are pouring at the XL--hopefully Lil' Heaven...

Reaction Score
For the record, that beer was not Heady Topper. Cracked my last one to start the second half and we played worse and worse--until I finally drained the can. I didn't drink anything else until the after the game was over because I was so distraught at the prospect that we might lose (not to mention that it was some of the ugliest basketball I have ever seen). I was a total freak once we tied it and I couldn't sit until it was over. Then I celebrated with a Sip of Sunshine. Today it will be whatever they are pouring at the XL--hopefully Lil' Heaven...
I started the night with Sixpoint Sweet Action, the team couldn't get a hoop. Then moved to Sam Adams Rebel Rouser...Nothin', switched over to Lil' Heaven and there was life. I will be crushing Lil' Heaven for the whole game today. We should score 90 points

Reaction Score
I started the night with Sixpoint Sweet Action, the team couldn't get a hoop. Then moved to Sam Adams Rebel Rouser...Nothin', switched over to Lil' Heaven and there was life. I will be crushing Lil' Heaven for the whole game today. We should score 90 points

We may need to score 90 so drink your fn a** off Milo. :D

Reaction Score
Nice! I've had the Flying Jenny before and it is very good (and much easier to find). This is great though. Looks like a visit in order.
Beer'd is 15 minutes down the road so don't miss that. The Malted Barley in Westerly also has great pretzels and tap list. If you want to go somewhere after Beer'd in Mystic the Engine Room consistently has a great tap list too.

Reaction Score
Innes and Gunn IPA, Oak aged, Innes and Gunn original brewed in Whiskey kegs, Innes and Gunn rum aged. Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, Samuel Smith IPA, Samuel Smith Tadcaster. Yeah I am an English beer snob, there is one beer from the states that is very good, and is from the Trappist Monastery, in Spencer, MA. Spencer Trappist Ale. For those of us in the CT/MA region, take a trip up I-84 to Sturbridge, and wander into Yankee Spirits. It's beer lovers NIRVANA. Go all the way to the back and gander at the nearly 100' long shelves of beers from all over the world. whats even better is that you can pick and choose singles. You can choose beers by region and/or country.
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
France
Germany
Holland
Ireland
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Mexico
New Zealand
Other Asia
Poland
Portugal
Scotland
Spain
United States

Reaction Score
Innes and Gunn IPA, Oak aged, Innes and Gunn original brewed in Whiskey kegs, Innes and Gunn rum aged. Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, Samuel Smith IPA, Samuel Smith Tadcaster. Yeah I am an English beer snob, there is one beer from the states that is very good, and is from the Trappist Monastery, in Spencer, MA. Spencer Trappist Ale. For those of us in the CT/MA region, take a trip up I-84 to Sturbridge, and wander into Yankee Spirits. It's beer lovers NIRVANA. Go all the way to the back and gander at the nearly 100' long shelves of beers from all over the world. whats even better is that you can pick and choose singles. You can choose beers by region and/or country.
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
France
Germany
Holland
Ireland