Beer | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I went to Cambridge Brewing Company's barleywine festival Thursday before the game. My 3rd straight year. They had Blunderbuss from '06-'14 and Arquebus from '10-'14. I was happier than a pig in . The 13% abv got me well tuned up to scream at the tv later. Barleywines aren't for everyone, but if you like them, seek out CBC. Great winter beers to dampen the aches from being old, old curmudgeons that is.

Reaction Score
I was at Boston Beer Works next to Fenway in August. I am a huge IPA fan and thought their BAck Bay IPA was phenomenal. Anybody???

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nice.

8893....I think we need to hang out some time. Let me know when you're heading to Firefly. It's 10 minutes from home for me.

You sound like me. When I stopped by Firefly today, I thought I had 2 empties in my trunk. The initial young lady working the bar told me the stout was on nitro so I filled 2 of the squeelers with the Ramshackle golden mild and water hammer. Then the 2nd young lady started pouring the stout into someone else's growler and told me the tap was mismarked and it was actually on c02. That's when I realized I had a third squeeler in the trunk. And so I got that one filled.
Agreed. Will do. I'll shoot you a PM with my e-mail tomorrow so we can exchange info and I can give a heads up when I know if I'll be heading by. Looking forward to checking it out. My buddy first met the guy at a brewfest in Simsbury and he really liked the beer and the guy so he sought him out at his place in Bristol. He's about a half hour away and plans to be a frequent visitor now too.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Will do. I'll shoot you a PM with my e-mail tomorrow so we can exchange info and I can give a heads up when I know if I'll be heading by. Looking forward to checking it out. My buddy first met the guy at a brewfest in Simsbury and he really liked the beer and the guy so he sought him out at his place in Bristol. He's about a half hour away and plans to be a frequent visitor now too.

Be careful with alexd, he's trouble!;)....and a beer snob. lol

Reaction Score
I have a growler of Hobbit Juice DIPA and Organized Play Date IPA from Beer'd for the superbowl. Great stuff- i've had coneflakes before as well and thats also great. Anyone have any feedback on the two newest breweries Powder Hollow or Steady Habit?

Reaction Score
I have a growler of Hobbit Juice DIPA and Organized Play Date IPA from Beer'd for the superbowl. Great stuff- i've had coneflakes before as well and thats also great. Anyone have any feedback on the two newest breweries Powder Hollow or Steady Habit?

You gotta love some of the names these little brewers come up with for their brews. As far as a name for the brewery itself, locally, my vote goes to Stubborn Beauty Brewing in Middletown.

I have friends who live near Powder Hollow. They say it's excellent. It was amazing that their opening weekend they already had 8 or 9 brews on tap. Mostly, you see 5 or 6 though Broadbrook usually has 9 or so.

Broadbrook already has had a little fight with the town of Enfield about lunch trucks coming to their location. I guess there is a question as far as some zoning laws go. Supposedly they are working it out.

Reaction Score
Sorry gents but World of Beer was at capacity when we got there last night.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Hill farmstead brewery in Greensboro bend, VT might be the best brewery in the US.

The brew master is highly respected by breweries in Belgium Germany etc that have been around for generations. Difficult to get the respect of hundreds of years old breweries but his beers speak for themselves.
I've been to the brewery twice and bought growlers and bottle releases. Still have 2 Genealogy of Morals (stout) - drank 4 so far. Among the best I've ever had which includes Kate the Great (Portsmouth- no longer brewed) and Speedway Stout. I'm not sure its the water or the difficulty of getting it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just recently read about Troegs coming to CT, and heard that Nugget Nectar was very good, so I planned on getting some at some point. Without even mentioning this to my wife, she shows up today with a 6-pack of the stuff for Valentine's Day. What a woman!

Reaction Score
Just tried the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA from San Diego. No idea if it's been mentioned in here or not, but it's freakin' delicious.

Reaction Score
FYI NEBCO has FBD on tap today. Godspeed if you're planning on waiting in that line in this cold.

Reaction Score
Founder's Oatmeal Stout...only if there isn't any Rolling Rock
Went to a bar recently that has all the Founders, Three Floyds, Lagunitas etc. on tap for $2, I definitely threw back a few Oatmeal Stouts.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up on the FBD, '04.

Thank God I'm just back from six days in Waitsfield, VT with a fridge full of Heady Topper and a few other local treats. Not up for the line today--even though these temps are balmy compared to the weather up there these past several days.

Drank a bunch of great beers up there, including plenty of HT, Lawson's, Hill Farmstead and Prohibition Pig. I think Hill Farmstead's Edward, which I've had several times before, was the best beer I had, followed by HT. Lots of other great ones, but those are still a notch above imo.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Heh, speaking of Lawson's, just got a call from my local packy saying they have some Sip of Sunshine in. But at $15 for a 4-pack of pints, it'd better be as good as everyone says!

Reaction Score
In line for FBD. Also lucked out with a sunshine from Amity. Happy days.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Re: Lawson's SoS, there is some pretty serious price-gouging going on right now. I hope that Lawson's shames the offending retailers like NEBCO has in the past. $15/4-pack is about average. The lowest I've heard in CT is $12.99. I'm paying $17 in Madison. Last week I asked about it at Odd Bins in New Haven and the guy said he had it, but he was charging $22/4-pack!!! I told him to keep it.

Having just gotten a case (6 4-packs) of Heady Topper in VT for $80, I'm feeling pretty fortunate.

The SoS is excellent though; but drinking it alongside the Heady this past week I preferred the Heady.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I typically like hoppier beers (within reason), but my favorite beer of 2014 was Left Hand Brewing's Nitro Milk Stout. They nailed the process. Incredibly creamy and satisfying, not to mention very tasty.

Reaction Score
Re: Lawson's SoS, there is some pretty serious price-gouging going on right now. I hope that Lawson's shames the offending retailers like NEBCO has in the past. $15/4-pack is about average. The lowest I've heard in CT is $12.99. I'm paying $17 in Madison. Last week I asked about it at Odd Bins in New Haven and the guy said he had it, but he was charging $22/4-pack!!! I told him to keep it.

Having just gotten a case (6 4-packs) of Heady Topper in VT for $80, I'm feeling pretty fortunate.

The SoS is excellent though; but drinking it alongside the Heady this past week I preferred the Heady.

I've got a lone Heady Topper sitting in my fridge from Super Bowl Sunday that my buddy gave me. I'm debating when the perfect time would be to finally crack it open. So it just sits there and waits.

Meanwhile, Firefly now hs two IPA's tapped. I will be there after work tomorow with my empty squeelers.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

It came to just over $15 after tax/bottle deposit, so it's probably closer to $14 retail. Still, good to know I'm not getting ripped off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom