Beer | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Been told by a beer distributor to avoid these type of places (not World of Beer in general) because they usually end up serving old beer because the turnover rates arent' great with all the beer options. Said its very difficult for these types of establishments to provide fresh beer when serving/offering so many beer options on tap. A keg only stays fresh for about 40-60 days if you offer 50 beers on tap a majority are most likely not going to be drank in that time frame especially with the other beers available by the bottle.

I'd rather go to a place I know I'll be getting a crisp, fresh pint of beer.

Reaction Score
My local pub had a slew of the Bourbon County beers on tap this week. I had the barley wine yesterday and it was so rich I struggled to order the bourbon county stout.

Here's what they had from Goose Island (they usually have 40 rare beers on tap): BC Stout, BC Barleywine, BC Cherry Rye, BC Coffee, Muddy, several of the Vintage Ales.

Reaction Score
Prime 16 has Dogfishhead's Raison D'extra (18% abv raisin-brewed belgian strong dark ale) on tap right now. Not available for happy hour, unsurprisingly.

Reaction Score
0104151241a-1.jpg
For my buddy's bday, three of us finally made it down to Shebeen Brewing in Wolott yesterday. Almost drove right by with all the fog....Did the six beer sampler. Their Turbo IPA was excellent as was the Concord Grape Saison. I even made it through the Cannoli dessert beer with powdered sugar and chocolate on top. Cool place.

Hit up Firefly Hollow in Bristol on the way home - they are getting to know me well at this place. Ordered up another sampler and had some pizza from Vivaldi's delivered to us. Nothing really new for me here except for the Wisp Single Hopped APA - very nice. Brought home a squeeler of their Double IPA.

http://www.shebeenbrewing.com/

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Prime 16 has Dogfishhead's Raison D'extra (18% abv raisin-brewed belgian strong dark ale) on tap right now. Not available for happy hour, unsurprisingly.
Funny that the only other beer on their current list that is not available for happy hour pricing is their lowest ABV beer, Crooked Stave Table Beer, a wild ale that is 3.60%.

Reaction Score
Crazy Bruce's in Elmwood has Sixpoint's Resin double IPA on the shelves for all you hopheads. Picked up a my first 6-pack on Saturday and its' very good as billed.

Reaction Score
Crazy Bruce's in Elmwood has Sixpoint's Resin double IPA on the shelves for all you hopheads. Picked up a my first 6-pack on Saturday and its' very good as billed.

"Hopheads"....I like that.

Ten years ago, I would have called anything resembling an IPA "bitter". Now, they are my favorite type of brew. Not sure how I got from there to here. But I'm glad to be here.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
They will also have Lawson's Sip of Sunshine on tap starting on Friday

Had Lawson's Sip of Sunshine at Two Roads in Stratford the other week before it kicked (in under 3 hours). goshdarn that was a delicious IPA. I think Two Roads will be mass producing it soon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had Lawson's Sip of Sunshine at Two Roads in Stratford the other week before it kicked (in under 3 hours). goshdarn that was a delicious IPA. I think Two Roads will be mass producing it soon.
Sip of Sunshine is a great beer, and it is tremendous news for CT that they are finally selling it here. The initial plan is for Sean Lawson to come to Two Roads once a month to brew it, and it will be put in cans and kegs and sold in VT and CT. Also look for Lawson's Super Session #2 on tap throughout the state. It is brewed with Amarillo hops and very citrusy--maybe even more so than Sip of Sunshine. Not surprisingly, it's also excellent. I had it at Eli Cannon's two weeks ago and at Prime 16 last week, and it is still on at Mikro now.

Reaction Score

Ten years ago, I would have called anything resembling an IPA "bitter". Now, they are my favorite type of brew. Not sure how I got from there to here. But I'm glad to be here.
Next up are the Islay region single malt scotches for you Alex. Like drinking a burnt stick.

Reaction Score
No love for willy brew? Place was great while i went to Uconn, still enjoy going up there when i am around the area,

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

"Hopheads" was a term for heroin addicts. I think it has been out of use long enough for modern beer drinkers to adopt it.

I recently tried Maine Beer Co. A Tiny Beautiful Something. It was the most delicate and refined beer I've ever tasted.

Hope NEBCO doesn't knuckle under to India on the Gandhi-bot thing.

So spoiled with great beer now, I turn my nose up at beers that would have had me salivating a decade ago.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

I am hearing that this apology comes with the canceling of the Allah-palooza Time Bomb Ale for the spring.

Reaction Score
I recently tried Maine Beer Co. A Tiny Beautiful Something. It was the most delicate and refined beer I've ever tasted.

I haven't had a beer from Maine Beer Co that I haven't loved. Zoe might be my favorite beer right now. Hoppy, but with a complex flavor.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already posted! !

ballantine.jpg

BEST BEER!!..........

after the old Latrobe of course

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Hopheads" was a term for heroin addicts. I think it has been out of use long enough for modern beer drinkers to adopt it.

So spoiled with great beer now, I turn my nose up at beers that would have had me salivating a decade ago.
Never knew the prior history of the term "hophead." We've been using it to describe ourselves (and fellow IPA-obsessed beer drinkers) for at least 20 years.

I've had the Zoe from Maine, which I thought was good not great, but I've only had it in bottles and I've never been sure how fresh it was. I've heard nothing but raves about their Lunch and Dinner beers, but they have eluded me so far (I think they only pour Dinner at the brewery?)

I don't think NEBCO is going to do anything in response to India's upset, but it looks like they made their FB page private now, which sucks for me because I'm not on FB and that's the only way to check what they are pouring at the brewery. It does look like several package store owners (many, many of whom are Indian) are considering refusing to sell the beer, and that would be welcome news for me because it should mean that there is more available at the other stores that will continue to sell it.

Fully agree about how spoiled we are with so much great beer locally now. It's a great thing, and long overdue imo.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It looks like I am not a hophead.

Tried Lagunitas Maximus Maximum IPA...no way can do more than 1 of those.

Then tried Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. A bit better...probably could do 3 in a row.

Just recently had Dogfish Head Nomaste (a white beer)...oh yeah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom