Beer | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Beer'd in Stonington - on the mainland to the east of the viaduct. They're only open week nights and weekends and they only sell growlers. I enjoyed a growler of "8 Day Weekk", a flavorful ale, during the game Sunday. I recommend the ale but not the game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
OK it looks like FBD isnt making it to New Haven tonight. Will be tapping another Nebco goodie though....
Well this was a great rec nonetheless. The beer is Locust Reign, which is one I haven't had yet, so it was worth it for that alone. And, not surprisingly, it is tremendous. It is essentially a double IPA based on their equally excellent Galaxy Pale Ale. Thanks again for the heads up!

I think the pairing should be great and I like to imagine that the first colonists were more likely hard cider drinkers when they first got here.
Exactly. And if you watch the CBS video I linked it reinforces that point. As an aside, the more I learn about George Washington, the more I love him.

I'm sure it's fine. I remember when I finally had a Coors.
LOL. The forced scarcity is definitely part of the equation, but it really is special.

Beer'd in Stonington - on the mainland to the east of the viaduct. They're only open week nights and weekends and they only sell growlers. I enjoyed a growler of "8 Day Weekk", a flavorful ale, during the game Sunday. I recommend the ale but not the game.

Have heard nothing but raves about the beers from Beer'd.

Reaction Score
Went down to Nebco on Sat and got some Ghandi and Coffee breath, got there at 3:30 didn't leave till about 5:15, a friend brought over some FBD yesterday was pretty good but still like Ghandi more

Reaction Score
What can i drink to cause temporary blindness for the texas and duke games? Bleach isnt hoppy enough so thats out.

Glug (otherwise known as Glog, Grog, and Gloog)

Makes about 2 liters of Glug

Ingredients:

1 750ml bottle of 190 proof everclear

1075 ml distilled water

2 cups sugar (I prefer Crystal sugar made from beets)

4 cinnamon sticks

6 cloves

18 cardamom seeds

15 raw almonds

Instructions:

1. Combine the alcohol, water, and sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
  2. Add the remaining spices and heat covered over medium heat until the mixture just comes to a boil.
  3. Remove from the heat and ignite, burn for 5 seconds, then let the mixture cool.
  4. Pour into bottles and add 1 cinnamon stick and a few almonds to each bottle.Let bottles sit for as long as you can take it. (The flavor will develop over time.)

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
@Doheny...are you sure its 15 almonds and not 18?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
FYI: 18 kegs of NEBCO Fuzzy Baby Ducks were apparently distributed to New Haven allocated accounts yesterday, so look for it this week in places where you might (and might not) expect to find it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bourbon County beers are out. Grab them while you can. Worth the high price.

Reaction Score
FYI: 18 kegs of NEBCO Fuzzy Baby Ducks were apparently distributed to New Haven allocated accounts yesterday, so look for it this week in places where you might (and might not) expect to find it.

and how did you come by this info? I'd like to be in the know too ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
and how did you come by this info? I'd like to be in the know too ;)
I have a few uber-beer geek friends who are tied in to a network of people who are fanatical about this stuff, and occasionally they are kind enough to give me a heads up (once they have been able to secure some for themselves...).

Reaction Score
FBD was tapped at The Outer Space in Hamden yesterday, not sure if there is any left today.

Reaction Score
Just learned that "World of Beer" is coming to Blue Back Square in West Hartford. Anyone ever been to one before? 1/2 mile from my house, should I be excited?

Reaction Score
Not too sure if Jacks Abby has been mentioned. They are a small brewery out of Framingham, MA, and I just tried their Leisure Time Wheat. Awesome beer. Looks like they finally got their product into Connecticut not too long ago.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I played at a place in Norwich last Saturday called Strange Brew. They had just tapped the first keg they ever received of Dogfish Head American Beauty. I had the bottles before, but the tap version was fresh and awesome. 10 bucks a pint. Organic Granola....go figure.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mikro in Hamden put Fuzzy Baby Ducks on Tuesday night and it kicked shortly after opening yesterday, with my help...and was replaced by Gandhi-Bot--not a bad consolation prize.

Look for FBD to be on at Prime 16, Cask Republic, Smokebox BBQ (Hamden) and Westbrook Lobster (Wallingford), among other places, by the end of the week.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not too sure if Jacks Abby has been mentioned. They are a small brewery out of Framingham, MA, and I just tried their Leisure Time Wheat. Awesome beer. Looks like they finally got their product into Connecticut not too long ago.

JA makes great beers. The Kiwi Rising double IPL is out now and is superb.

Reaction Score
FBD at Plan B kicked within 30 minutes. It was my first time trying it and it really is a great beer however I think anything Beer'd brewing puts out is at or above the level of NEBCO.
If Beer'd had a more centralized location it would certainly be gaining much more of a following then they already have.

I also have to mention I went to Portland Maine a few weekends ago and any craft brew enthusiasts need to make a trip up there. You have some well known breweries like Allagash and Shipyard however it's the local ones that will blow you away. Bissell Brothers has an IPA called "Substance Ale" that is FANTASTIC. Came home with a case of that. Others that were notable were Rising Tide, Oxbow, Infiniti, Foundation and Bunker.

Has anyone tried the new brewery that opened up in Enfield yet?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
FBD tapped at Prime 16 New Haven last night around 6:00. Should still be on at opening and happy hour today; not sure how long it will last after that now that the word is getting out.

Reaction Score
I had a cold micro brew the other day at happy hour that one of my sales guys suggested and it was great - so I had 9 more. It was cold and tasted like some kind of beer. Wish I remembered what it was?

Good enough for me once again :D

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just learned that "World of Beer" is coming to Blue Back Square in West Hartford. Anyone ever been to one before? 1/2 mile from my house, should I be excited?

Went to one in Orlando once. It was a pretty large establishment and pretty awesome but my guess is some things vary based on the branch. They had a HUGE variety of good beers. I imagine it will be packed.

Reaction Score
Black hog is releasing Disco Pig 2 today at their brewery. It's a Brett Golden Sour.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom