So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Gandhi-bot tapped at pacific standard in new haven last night.......go get it if you are in area. Go figure , they tap it while I'm in western Michigan. Anyone know any good local brews out here?

Reaction Score
Surly Furious from Minneapolis, MN...and any Plymouth Brewing Co beer...

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
HooperScooper said:
Anything brewed by Bell's Brewing Company in Kalamazoo. Everything I've ever had from them was great.

Ooh thanks hooper. Someone else mentioned bells too, I think we have a quorum :)

Now Get me out of this server room and into a barstool! A few more hours .... Sigh

Reaction Score
Harpoon Long Thaw White IPA is a seasonal brew that returns in January. It's incredible.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Go figure , they tap it while I'm in western Michigan. Anyone know any good local brews out here?

Anything brewed by Bell's Brewing Company in Kalamazoo. Everything I've ever had from them was great.
Ooh thanks hooper. Someone else mentioned bells too, I think we have a quorum :)
Now Get me out of this server room and into a barstool! A few more hours .... Sigh

Yes, Bell's is tremendous--everything they make is excellent. They are sold in NY and PA as well. Their Two Hearted Ale should be widely available; it's their year-round, flagship hoppy ale, like NEBCO's Sea Hag. It's very piney--heavy on Centennial hops iirc. But very easy to drink. Hopslam is their seasonal double-ipa and it is really good, really citrusy, but really boozy, like 10%. Not sure if that's out yet. But really anything they make is great if you like the style.
I had heard of Lawsons but not that beer so I looked it up- even better news though. It appears it will be regularly available in CT in the next few weeks.
http://www.lawsonsfinest.com/our-beer/lawsons-finest-distribution-coming-ct-locations-vt-new-cans/

Lawson's is also excellent. I'd heard this rumor for months but just heard it officially confirmed last night. This is great news for CT hop heads.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
FBD kicked during lunch at Prime today, but NEBCO announced the release of Supernaut IPA and Stout Trooper Imperial Stout at the brewery for growler fills this afternoon.

So...I've had the good fortune to taste both the FBD and Supernaut today. I've only been able to do that twice previously, and both times I thought I preferred the Supernaut. Today, the FBD wins, but the Supernaut is fabulous as well. Quibbling at the margins here. Both all-world level IPAs imo. We are very lucky to have NEBCO.

Reaction Score
Yes, Bell's is tremendous--everything they make is excellent. They are sold in NY and PA as well. Their Two Hearted Ale should be widely available; it's their year-round, flagship hoppy ale, like NEBCO's Sea Hag. It's very piney--heavy on Centennial hops iirc. But very easy to drink. Hopslam is their seasonal double-ipa and it is really good, really citrusy, but really boozy, like 10%. Not sure if that's out yet. But really anything they make is great if you like the style.

According to their web site (http://bellsbeer.com/brands/availability/) Hopslam isn't available until January.

They sell Bell's in places like Florida and Arizona (according to this map) and we can't get it in Connecticut or Massachusetts?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They sell Bell's in places like Florida and Arizona (according to this map) and we can't get it in Connecticut or Massachusetts?

From what I understand, CT has some of the more restrictive laws and taxes in terms of labeling requirements and selling beer in the state. Combine that and our relatively small population and we are often one of the last states added when brewers are looking to expand their distribution because the costs of entry are high and the potential market gain not as great as it might be elsewhere. But we are getting there, slowly but surely. Certainly a lot better than it was 5-10 years ago. Two Roads' capacity to brew for others has also helped.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
50 CT craft beers on tap, 500 in the bottle. Opens January, Blue Back. Sounds great. Ever been to the Stamford one?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
50 CT craft beers on tap, 500 in the bottle. Opens January, Blue Back. Sounds great. Ever been to the Stamford one?
No, but I'm willing to check it out nonetheless. Thanks!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Hey Gem...you working on a BY get together?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
I believe the plan is still to head to Atlanta to watch the Florida game.
indeed. Reservation at the Buckhead Uconn Bar. bus leaves from pepes in New Haven.

Reaction Score
Yeah been to the one in Stamford, beer is overpriced, haven't tried to food though. It's cool if u want to try different beers but so is going to bev max or halftime beer distributor

Reaction Score
Yeah been to the one in Stamford, beer is overpriced, haven't tried to food though. It's cool if u want to try different beers but so is going to bev max or halftime beer distributor
Isn't everything in Fairfield County overpriced? :)

Curious, how much are beers there? I remember being in New Orleans in a divey bar in the French Quarter and ordering 2 Abita Turbo Dogs. Pretty much the only good beer they had there. The bartender says, "That'll be $4.00." I say, "I had two." She says, "Yeah, that's for both of them." I turn to my wife and say, "We're not in Boston any more."

Reaction Score
World of Beer is looking to open one in Boston also. They were looking in the Fenway area but there's a Yard House there and I don't think they think both could survive near each other. I bet they go to the Back Bay.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I haven't been to Bev Max, but Half Time in Poughkeepsie is pretty amazing.

Reaction Score
They've had one open a few years here in Fort Myers, I like WOB a lot. There's a good balance of sports on tv, a good selection of beer and occasional live entertainment. They've only recently started offe4ing food from a pretty limited yet purposeful menu. It will probably be one of your favorite spots during the warmer months.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've been to the one in Stamford a few times and the place is awesome (where were joints like this when I was in my 20's?). Their beer prices are high when compared to a warehouse liquor store but are in line with most bars (and less than a few high end places).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
World of Beer is an interesting story.

A couple of guys growing up in the Florida panhandle move to Tampa and come up with the idea of a world class beer joint. Started off with one store and evolved in to first restaurant.
Some bigwigs with one of the national restaurant chains liked their idea and bankrolled the franchising.
They try to stay true to local areas by offering local beers while leveraging their national network of distributors.
People who knew them as they grew up said they were good kids. Hopefully they are still doing things right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom