So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thank you; I'm glad you bought some from him. I told Bob to order it a few weeks ago and he did. I stopped in last week to see how it was selling and they said it wasn't really moving yet. I felt guilty so I bought some, even though I didn't need any. I know it is selling very well at both the place next to Stop & Shop and the place across from the Ford dealership on Route 1, as they tell me they can't keep it in stock. Both the cranberry and original are very good; the cranberry is actually a little more dry. I wasn't too big on the lemonade blend one they sold this summer.
He probably brought in eight 4-packs. And they weren't exactly visible. And the employee he had didn't talk it up, either.

The sediment in the can had me thinking I should have shaken it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don't shake it; just pour it into a glass. It is unfiltered.

Yeah, he doesn't have a lot of doors there so cooler space is at a premium. And I think he gets a lot of different types of customers so it is hard to cater to everyone. They know I love IPAs and wine, and they have definitely made strides in their IPA selection and upgraded their wine profile with the tasting table area. I feel like I frustrated them a bit by asking about ciders when they've been putting so much effort and attention into the other stuff, and they probably figured they had ciders covered with Angry Orchard. But once people taste the difference they are usually hooked.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Orchard was almost sold out. And most of the Build a Six Pack beers were IPAs

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Orchard was almost sold out. And most of the Build a Six Pack beers were IPAs
Yeah, he uses the mixed six packs of IPAs as a way to spread out his Gandhi Bot stock, so 12 people can get two cans apiece instead of one or two customers taking his whole allotment of four-packs.

Reaction Score
Don't shake it; just pour it into a glass. It is unfiltered.

Yeah, he doesn't have a lot of doors there so cooler space is at a premium. And I think he gets a lot of different types of customers so it is hard to cater to everyone. They know I love IPAs and wine, and they have definitely made strides in their IPA selection and upgraded their wine profile with the tasting table area. I feel like I frustrated them a bit by asking about ciders when they've been putting so much effort and attention into the other stuff, and they probably figured they had ciders covered with Angry Orchard. But once people taste the difference they are usually hooked.

Ciders are so hot right now (not literally). Especially this time a year. I can't see how they can afford not to put attention towards them. Girls love them.....at least that's how it is in Boston. But I suspect the whole New England fall thing has something to do with it as most reputable pumpkin beers are brewed in the northeast.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ciders are so hot right now (not literally). Especially this time a year. I can't see how they can afford not to put attention towards them. Girls love them.....at least that's how it is in Boston. But I suspect the whole New England fall thing has something to do with it as most reputable pumpkin beers are brewed in the northeast.
Agreed. And it's not just girls now. Literally every week I am hearing more and more guys say they have become recent converts, many of them because of the gluten-free and Paleo diet stuff, which seems to go hand-in-hand with cross-fit for a lot of people too these days.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@upstater, not sure where in Upstate NY you are, but my mother-in-law lives outside of Syracuse and has been getting me great ciders from the 1911 brand put out by Beak & Skiff orchards (which also has the best Macoun apples on the planet). Their Light & Crisp is excellent; a dry finish and 6.9% ABV. They also had a great special reserve one that was dry-hopped and also 6.9%, but they are all out of that one now. If you can find the Light & Crisp though I think you'd like it based on what you've described.

Reaction Score
@upstater, not sure where in Upstate NY you are, but my mother-in-law lives outside of Syracuse and has been getting me great ciders from the 1911 brand put out by Beak & Skiff orchards (which also has the best Macoun apples on the planet). Their Light & Crisp is excellent; a dry finish and 6.9% ABV. They also had a great special reserve one that was dry-hopped and also 6.9%, but they are all out of that one now. If you can find the Light & Crisp though I think you'd like it based on what you've described.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look for it. I'm in Buffalo, the craft beer thing has exploded recently around here. There are some Toronto tour buses that come down to go to the breweries in town ( for instance, Community Beer Works (my favorite) and Resurgence) and also a Belgian beer bar that opened (http://bmbflo.com/).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was at a place in Black Rock last night that was pouring SixPoint Resin . I enjoyed it, but Fishy would have hated it, much more Forward Pine Cone than Heady Topper. ;-)

Yes, Resin is, as the name suggests, pretty far down the resiny scale.

Reaction Score
I'm an IPA guy, so I'll list some of my CT favorites (that I've actually tried)
Ghandi Bot (NEBCO)
Fuzzy Baby Ducks (NEBCO)
Fat Tenner #2 (NEBCO)
Coriolis (NEBCO)
Supernaut (NEBCO)
Locust Reign (NEBCO)
Sea Hag (NEBCO)
Hobbit Juice (Beer'd Brewing)
Cone Flakes (Firefly Hollow)
Luciferin (Firefly Hollow)
Easy Ryeda (Black Hog)

Here are some of my favorite CT Non IPAs
668 (NEBCO)
Concord Grape Saison (Shebeen)
Pineapple Wheat (Shebeen)
No Limits (Two Roads)
Roadsmary's Baby (Two Roads)
Conntucky Lightning (Two Roads)
Overshores Brewery (all of their beers)
Tropicale (Relic)
Falconness (Relic)
Demiana (Relic)
Noreaster (Hooker)
Munsons Chocolate Stout (Hooker)
Watermelon (Hooker)
How Rye I am (Stubborn Beauty)

Just to name a few.... :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Picked up a six of the Sixpoint Sensi Harvest, a wet-hop ale, as I've liked their harvest beers the past two years. This one is different (as each of the past two years have been) and pretty good too, but you need to let it warm up before you can taste it. 4.7% ABV is nice; can be a session ale. Definitely a bit lighter than in past years, so it's best to drink when you can get the most taste out of it. Second half of glass was much better than the first.

Reaction Score
I am enjoying this Misty Mountain IPA from Back East Brewery while I hand out candy out. Not sure if its a "good beer" but its good for me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Local
Broad Brook Ale Already on ice for tomorrows game
Favorite
Founders Breakfast Stout

Reaction Score
I am enjoying this Misty Mountain IPA from Back East Brewery while I hand out candy out. Not sure if its a "good beer" but its good for me.

Their Misty Mt IPA is the first Back East brew I tried 2 years ago when they came on the scene....for me, it's still their best. Also....try their Palate Mallet Double IPA if you can find it...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fuzzy baby ducks at nebco today and tomorrow. Get at it! Good luck!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
^^^Ixnay on the uzzyfay abybay ucksday. From all reports it's already a show down there. They have a lambic on too, and GB, among others. Was just planning with my buddy to see what time one of us may be able to get down there tomorrow (or Weds; I'm hopeful that the new growler limits extend the supply). Apparently you have to be dropped off because there is no parking (was always tight anyway), and he thinks people might start lining up hours in advance tomorrow.

I'm starting to think I'll settle for watching the draft list at Prime 16 and getting down there for a pint or three when it's on (assuming it is). It's great beer, but c'mon. Under best conditions it's probably at least a three-hour investment for me to grab a couple growlers, and I don't think I can do that tomorrow or Weds.

Reaction Score
New England Brewing Co. gets awesome reviews, do they do any sales out of state? I live in Chicago and I've yet to see a CT. beer out here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't drink a heck of a lot of beer, but we were in Vermont for the marathon and they had Heady Topper at whatever place we went to on Church Street.
I failed to see the greatness of it - yes, they managed to cram all the hops in the world into it, but it tasted like a pine cone.

The problem is if you tell a Vermonter that you don't love Heady Topper they take it really hard.

Reaction Score
I have a soft spot for Ommegang Abbey- I remember when it was $3.99 back in the early 2000s.

Living in California, I'm spoiled by all of the good beer out here- but I really like all of the Lagunitas I've had. Stone is really good as well. Recently, I buy the 21st Amendment, Brew Free or Die IPA. It's only $7.99 a six-pack.

Are any of you homebrewers?

I just got the kit and hope to start around the holidays!

Reaction Score
I have a soft spot for Ommegang Abbey- I remember when it was $3.99 back in the early 2000s.

Living in California, I'm spoiled by all of the good beer out here- but I really like all of the Lagunitas I've had. Stone is really good as well. Recently, I buy the 21st Amendment, Brew Free or Die IPA. It's only $7.99 a six-pack.

Are any of you homebrewers?

I just got the kit and hope to start around the holidays![/QUOTE
I home brew wine (from kits) not beer, but might want to take a crack at cider if I could get juice from Upstate NY apples.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I went all cidery on my ass a few weeks ago. Found out some are made from concentrate and have for some reason avoided those;

Downeast Cranberry Blend - Love it!! Dry subtly balance between tart sweet.
Downeast Original Blend - Love it!! Dry sweet and apply.
Crispin - May have fricked this one up. A 22 oz bottle where the first glass seemed weak and the second was nasty. It seems the sediment is an issue and one should rotate bottle to distribute the pulp. I dunno.
Ace Joker - Was okay. Supposed to be a champagne cider? Meh. Too dry for me.
Strongbow (bought it before seeing it was from Concentrate) - Love it anyways!!
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple - Good stand by. Sweet as hell compared to the above ciders.

Some of the concentrates:

Stella Artois

Bud has one called Johnny Appleseed
Strongbow
(England)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I went all cidery on my ass a few weeks ago. Found out some are made from concentrate and have for some reason avoided those;

I'm not sure I want to know how exactly that went down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom