B1G | Page 13 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Hope this is true. Either the ACC stays at 12, and we know we are screwed for a long time (assuming other conferences stand pat) or we get absorbed...

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Makes sense. Let's face it, if you're trashing all semblance of tradition for $$$, why not go all the way? A 20 team league would've been laughably unwieldy in the 20th century college sports landscape, but then so would UConn playing conference games against SDSU -- and Louisville tarnishing the academically pure ACC. No one gives a crap about a watered-down product at this point as long as they gobble up cable markets!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so asuming nd is #20 and the ultimate goal by 2015, who are 17, 18 and 19. we tried and got beat out by gtech i the pecking order it seems. hopefully we can still grab 1 of the spots.

teams that can fill those slots?
unc
duke
cuse
pitt
uconn
bc

the b10 must feel confident atleast 1 school from NC is coming north to grab gtech first. i view it as a blaock on the b12 trying to string a east coast division together. so if a NC school is #17 then 18 and 19 are left and its possible a 2nd NC school comes.

pitt is not a value add and goes against most of what the b10 has done so far. bc doesn't fit like cuse does academics wise(research focus). its really a toss up, but exactly what we have been talking about. go B1G or die trying becuase the acc is and will always be there...

Makes sense. Let's face it, if you're trashing all semblance of tradition for $$$, why not go all the way? A 20 team league would've been laughably unwieldy in the 20th century college sports landscape, but then so would UConn playing conference games against SDSU -- and Louisville tarnishing the academically pure ACC. No one gives a crap about a watered-down product at this point as long as they gobble up cable markets!

20 actually helps tradition and rivals a lot. the only school 20 hurts is tosu a bit and they have botched as a school beofre about wanting east/southern games. psu wanted that east coast league, jo pa's dream. well they are going to split 10-10 and get that dream...tosu can play mich in a cross over if they want and i'm sure that will keep them more than happy. best bball league ever being born here also btw...

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
20 actually helps tradition and rivals a lot. the only school 20 hurts is tosu a bit and they have botched as a school beofre about wanting east/southern games. psu wanted that east coast league, jo pa's dream. well they are going to split 10-10 and get that dream...tosu can play mich in a cross over if they want and i'm sure that will keep them more than happy. best bball league ever being born here also btw...
Point well taken, I only mean tradition insomuch as how B1G fans view their league. They've barely come to terms with Nebraska. That ship has sailed though, and the USS Connecticut sits ready to launch the final torpedo.

Reaction Score
This means the ACC is done.

Hope this is true. Either the ACC stays at 12, and we know we are screwed for a long time (assuming other conferences stand pat) or we get absorbed...

Reaction Score
20 is the number. Delany already said he is favor of 9 conference games for football and 20 for basketball.

If you see an eventual 8 team playoff in CFB, it makes sense.

B1G moving to get close to 20 so quickly does 2 things: 1) makes other conferences more likely to act, gutting the ACC. 2) puts pressure on ND to have to make a decision.

He can easily go to 18 right now and leave a spot for ND plus one.

The math does not work; 20 teams means bball 19 games. 9 fball games means 5/4 home away.

Reaction Score
honest question, where were warde and susan the day before the bball tneys out in paradise?
18428_10151226661934356_1304262532_n.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I just.....I don't.....GEORGIA TECH???? :confused:

(If something hurts...B1GHarder....if something goes wrong....B1GHarder.....if all else fails.....B1GHARDEST!!!)

Reaction Score
I don't buy David Glenn's argument.

He seems incredulous that a school would pledge themselves to their current conference while dealing with another conference. I mean, he thinks that's a crazy idea.

Reaction Score
Following up Rumrunner's post on UVA and GT to B1G on Monday, I followed the link to ACCSports/Blogs/David Glenn, I found an audio link where Glenn says three ACC teams, as well as others, have been pre-approved by the B1G presidents to join the conference. Delany has the authority to choose which ones to invite:

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/2012113014151/david-glenns-realignment-rumor-rant.php

Glenn does not believe UNC or UVA are going anywhere. He is not so sure about GT.

Reaction Score
The math does not work; 20 teams means bball 19 games. 9 fball games means 5/4 home away.

It's not my math.

And Delany definitely said 9 league games, so he'll work it out somehow.

I agree re: it should be 19 bball games, but that's what the man said. Direct quote.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
One important thing to note -- the B1G never makes an addition that renders their logo impossible to alter.

When they went to 11?
Bam: Big1 T1en

12?
Buzzoww: B1G

When they inevitably hit 20? Let's just say a few early the drafts of the logo have already leaked from league offices:

iLpTBTWDlWjHB.png

Reaction Score
If the ACC gets taken apart what happens to our good friends at espn? And what is FSU doing right now to save the ACC?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
One important thing to note -- the B1G never makes an addition that renders their logo impossible to alter.

When they went to 11?
Bam: Big1 T1en

12?
Buzzoww: B1G

When they inevitably hit 20? Let's just say a few early the drafts of the logo have already leaked from league offices:

iLpTBTWDlWjHB.png

Even if they were to irrationally stop at 19, you could still use the "i" and most of the "g".....brilliant!!!

Reaction Score
Doesn't surprise me with UNC, UVA. They have different goals. Both arguably top 5 public schools with arguably the prettiest, most deseriable undergrad experiences. Not sure they want 2 muck with that

Reaction Score
What??? You mean L'ville's "exciting" athletic programs are not holding the ACC together? Shocking.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
alright this is all B1G thread talk. i'm merging the 5 new threads in the past hour..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom