B1G | Page 89 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We had a bad start at the Snowbird Classic - went 0-3 with losses to OSU, Auburn and Indiana State.

As bad as that was, they had a strong Baseball at the Beach down in South Carolina - went 3-0 with wins over Wichita, George Mason and Illinois.

Bit of a gap now until they head to Tennessee for three against Lipscomb and then to Gainesville for three against UF.

Reaction Score
I see all of the hockey talk (might as well be Greek to this southerner).

Anybody talking baseball? Anybody care about baseball?...the season is alive.

If I remember right, UConn was one of the better northern baseball clubs....Went to a Super regional not that long ago.
Baseball got off to rough start this season, but just swept the Baseball At The Beach tournament going 3-0, so getting a little momentum. Good pitching will carry them, but need to replace some good bats from LY who are now being paid in the minors

They lost in the Super Regionals to USCe 2 seasons ago after winning the regional at Clemson. Made the regionals last year going 1-2, beating VT, then losing to Oklahoma and VT to get bounced. Penders has done a GREAT job with limited scholarships and resources, gets a lot out of his players.

Reaction Score
I go to baseball games, too. We get larger crowds for hockey. Even in the Antarctic Hockey Association.

Reaction Score
A win over the Shockers is a good win...Wichita State, although down some years, has a baseball tradition under Gene Stephenson.

Reaction Score
Have you seen our football recruit class's national ranking? It's as if we are lower than Sun Belt and MAC schools. I know we are much better than that but we have some really big perception issues to deal with.
Yeah I didnt expect this class to have much of a rating but I think the rating system is a "beauty contest" mostly designed for the FB factories for selling stuff and isnt always a good indicater of future success. UConn never really had high rated classes but won despite the ratings. Schools like Boise St and 2 or 3 others win big despite low recruiting ratings show you can't put too much stock in them. Look at RU with all the high rated talent they had been stocking the last few years....UConn doesn't appear to have problems competing and winning despite lower rated classes! As far as the perception goes PP undid all the good feeling RE had cultivated over the previous 10 yrs or so and I cursed the day I heard about it(the hire) and I actually like him as a man but knew perception was going to take a big hit at UConn. I think Diaco is the opposite and will bring a bright light on UConn FB soon.The people who make decisions don't worry as much as we do about perception and know UConn has to be at the bigboy table or no one should be !! In a yr or 2 you'll wonder why you ever were concerned about CR but the not knowing is the worst.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a bit challenged with computers. Can you post a pdf here? It seems like you can only link something online?

Reaction Score
Page 11_page1_image1.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's big enough to see the "Hockey ?" that is boxed next to the the "Rec" site. PM if you want to see the document. I'll just email it/

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's big enough to see the "Hockey ?" that is boxed next to the the "Rec" site. PM if you want to see the document. I'll just email it/
I see it in the upper left corner. Thank you! Right where it is now?!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I see it in the upper left corner. Thank you! Right where it is now?!
Is it where the current hockey rink is, or is it on the right side of the image across from the parking garage and Ted's?

Reaction Score
UCONN13KC said:
Is it where the current hockey rink is, or is it on the right side of the image across from the parking garage and Ted's?

I believe that is the new proposed site. If I could load a better image you could see there is a question mark under hockey in that location.

Reaction Score
LOL The B1G is going to fly in the face of everything they preach to add Southern Illinois? Like most politicians this guy is completely clueless.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn Field Hockey - National Champs
UConn Men's Soccer - Elite Eight
UConn Men's Basketball - Elite Eight + possibly higher
UConn Women's Basketball - Elite Eight + possibly higher

(*Men's Elite Eight ticket prices in MSG - likely the tournament's highest ticket prices due to our inclusion)

Okay, B1G and ACC....let the bidding begin...
I literally think about this daily...it's an obsession now and it pisses me off more than anything that BC, Pitt, Syracuse and Rutgers are in better shape than us in their P5 conferences because of their supposive rich football tradition. I swear UConn has been on TVs (mainly basketball, but still) more times than all of these schools combined in the last 15 years but we are left out because of these other schools football prowess...give me a freaking break... 3 national championships (not even mentioning the women and Olympic sports) compared to these other schools one (Cuse) yet the media never ever mentions any of this. If these f...ing schools would just get over themselves and think about how much better the northeast would be if we had closer nit rivals maybe these other teams wouldn't suck so bad due to their jealousy...until we get a P5 invite, screw all 4 of these schools...it's sickening and I'm tired of waiting and hearing many say conference reallignment is done. UConn cleary deserves better than these other locals. Did PP, GDL and Hathaway really screw us forever? Maybe...and that would piss me off even more. I keep telling myself something has to be in the works. I guess just win works like UConn always does...who in this world is even close to 10 for 10 in national championship games? Ok, Besides Trinity's squash team?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I literally think about this daily...it's an obsession now and it pisses me off more than anything that BC, Pitt, Syracuse and Rutgers are in better shape than us in their P5 conferences because of their supposive rich football tradition. I swear UConn has been on TVs (mainly basketball, but still) more times than all of these schools combined in the last 15 years but we are left out because of these other schools football prowess...give me a freaking break... 3 national championships (not even mentioning the women and Olympic sports) compared to these other schools one (Cuse) yet the media never ever mentions any of this. If these f...ing schools would just get over themselves and think about how much better the northeast would be if we had closer nit rivals maybe these other teams wouldn't suck so bad due to their jealousy...until we get a P5 invite, screw all 4 of these schools...it's sickening and I'm tired of waiting and hearing many say conference reallignment is done. UConn cleary deserves better than these other locals. Did PP, GDL and Hathaway really screw us forever? Maybe...and that would piss me off even more. I keep telling myself something has to be in the works. I guess just win works like UConn always does...who in this world is even close to 10 for 10 in national championship games? Ok, Besides Trinity's squash team?
I love you're loyalty,honesty and intensity but have patience, no way UConn stays on the outside of the P5.

Reaction Score

1. [ ]Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 24m
    B1G has a team in Final Four for 11th time in last 16 years - but only 1 title in that span (Mich. State, 2000)
I'll take the 11 of 16.

And as for UConn in the Big Ten, I think the possibility of deemphasizing football is a favorable trend. Add that to Delany's focus on the East and suddenly UConn in the Big Ten seems possible.

Go Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger