B1G | Page 12 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So, I guess when I post Syracuse to B1G was a real possibility, I am crazy.

When others start reporting it a few days later, it's suddenly not so crazy...
You were just ahead of your time crazy. Now you are mainstream crazy!

Reaction Score
Seriously seriously doubt the GT to B1G rumor will ever happen. I wouldn't doubt floating GT is a ploy to get others to jump.

Griffin speaks against Tech-Big Ten rumors

3:20 pm November 30, 2012, by Ken Sugiura​

Amidst rumors and reports that Georgia Tech has applied and been approved for membership into the Big Ten, acting athletic director Paul Griffin spoke against their veracity.​

“I’m not aware of any communications between university leadership and the Big Ten or any other conference,” Griffin said Friday afternoon from Charlotte, where Tech will play Florida State for the ACC football championship Saturday.​

Griffin acknowledged that an action like switching conferences from the ACC to the Big Ten would take place at an executive level, but said that Tech president G.P. “Bud” Peterson “has told me there’s been no communication nor does he expect any.”​

Reaction Score
NYC B1G.png

Insert UVA and one more...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
680 atl i guess said it happening. so gtech to the b10 will for sure help the acc off the cliff. who is #16 is the question right now.

uva and unc have all the options they want, but i don't think neither leaves the other until both see the acc is to far not to leave. i hope thats real soon. keep dreaming that the b10 is going 18 or 20 crew!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
680 atl i guess said it happening. so gtech to the b10 will for sure help the acc off the cliff. who is #16 is the question right now.

uva and unc have all the options they want, but i don't think neither leaves the other until both see the acc is to far ****ed not to leave. i hope thats real soon. keep dreaming that the b10 is going 18 or 20 crew!

Keeping my fingers crossed its UConn! But if I had to guess, I have a feeling that UNC or UVA will dump the other partner and skip town to the B1G. My hope is 18 is doable with the dance partner that gets left behind for the moment.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Keeping my fingers crossed its UConn! But if I had to guess, I have a feeling that UNC or UVA will dump the other partner and skip town to the B1G. My hope is 18 is doable with the dance partner that gets left behind for the moment.

i keep seeing kansas being #16 which i really really really like also if not uconn. no way the b10 stops at less than 20 if gtech and kansas are 15 and 16.

Reaction Score
16 is an open slot for when the Big12 kills the ACC and Notre Dame is finally forced to go to a conference.

Reaction Score
I am guessing B1G master plan is to acquire the following states;

Virginia (UVA)
North Carolina (UNC)
Missouri (Mizzo)
Kansas (Kansas)
New York (Cuse?)
Mass (BCU)
CT (UCONN)
Georgia (GT)

Kansas I don't think is reality since they got KSU problem and they don't have much of market. I doubt Missouri would leave the SEC at this point. That's 6 additional states to the current 14. That would get B1G to 20 and be the biggest conference in America. They could have semi-finals and finals for conference championships. This could create a ton of content for TV networks.

Now, what order this will happen I have no clue.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and boom goes the dynomite

Kevin Jones@Mr_KevinJones
Source: Georiga Tech and UVA will announce decision to leave ACC by Monday. Will join Big 10

this leaves nc, ne, ny and nd as possibles for 17-18/20

Reaction Score
and boom goes the dynomite

Kevin Jones@Mr_KevinJones
Source: Georiga Tech and UVA will announce decision to leave ACC by Monday. Will join Big 10

this leaves nc, ne, ny and nd as possibles for 17-18/20

If true, I really hope B1G has a plan for us. ACC is looking less and less appealing by the day. B1G has to go to 18 or 20 for us to get involved. Let's hope B1G moves quickly and get this thing over with.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Okay so someone convince me why the B1G would go beyond 16?

Reaction Score
20 is the number. Delany already said he is favor of 9 conference games for football and 20 for basketball.

If you see an eventual 8 team playoff in CFB, it makes sense.

B1G moving to get close to 20 so quickly does 2 things: 1) makes other conferences more likely to act, gutting the ACC. 2) puts pressure on ND to have to make a decision.

He can easily go to 18 right now and leave a spot for ND plus one.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If true, I really hope B1G has a plan for us. ACC is looking less and less appealing by the day. B1G has to go to 18 or 20 for us to get involved. Let's hope B1G moves quickly and get this thing over with.

yup. everything i have been syaing i lowly happening. i did not have gtech in my b10 theory or duke in my sec theory but it seems very possible now both happen and those chain reactions behind the moves will be very ruff and ugly.

right now uconns staying put looks better and better by the minute, not to mention all the media mess we would have gotten for being the team to break the acc's back.

the sec has to get to 16 with the b10 for strenght perception in the media. the question is ith both of those 2 going to war network wise, is 16, 18 or 20 the final answer. we all hope its 20 but who knows.

reaching south to georgia means the b10 is confident that a nc school is coming aboard if not 2. this is really getting wild and so many different options are possible the way pieces are droping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom