B1G | Page 14 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If the ACC gets taken apart what happens to our good friends at espn? And what is FSU doing right now to save the ACC?

I'm not sure FSU cares if it survives. I'm starting to think a little like HFD (which means I'm ready for an evaluation and some medication); I'm starting to look at the Ville move, not as a way to insure that the ACC gained a valuable team that the Big12 might desire, but rather, to take away filling a spot in the Big12 that both FSU and Clemson wish to occupy (assuming the lawsuits go well, talks with B12 go well, etc.). In other words, FSU and Clemson may have held the rest of the conference hostage, only to properly prepare their landing spot! I wonder where they learned that from? (...cough....cough....Pitt!....cough.....Syracuse!....cough...)

Karma....it's what's for dinner...:oops:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm not sure FSU cares if it survives. I'm starting to think a little like HFD (which means I'm ready for an evaluation and some medication); I'm starting to look at the Ville move, not as a way to insure that the ACC gained a valuable team that the Big12 might desire, but rather, to take away filling a spot in the Big12 that both FSU and Clemson wish to occupy (assuming the lawsuits go well, talks with B12 go well, etc.). In other words, FSU and Clemson may have held the rest of the conference hostage, only to properly prepare their landing spot! I wonder where they learned that from? (...cough....cough....Pitt!....cough.....Syracuse!....cough...)

Karma....it's what's for dinner...:oops:

now your thinking like the dog eat dog world thats going on right now...most here can't think like that becuase they dont understand all the crap in the media is being pushed for reasons and most isn't true at all.

Reaction Score
now your thinking like the dog eat dog world thats going on right now...most here can't think like that becuase they dont understand all the crap in the media is being pushed for reasons and most isn't true at all.
and yet not ONE credible media type has mentioned Uconn to the B1G. There isnt any evidence that that will happen. UNC, Cuse, UVA, Ga Tech, even BCU have had some media mention them as B1G possibility. We will be lucky to get into ACC when all is said and done. Stop this foolishness. I know you are having fun and all but that is all it is.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and yet not ONE credible media type has mentioned Uconn to the B1G. There isnt any evidence that that will happen. UNC, Cuse, UVA, Ga Tech, even BCU have had some media mention them as B1G possibility. We will be lucky to get into ACC when all is said and done. Stop this foolishness. I know you are having fun and all but that is all it is.

so jay paterno is just what? my drinking buddy?
delany didn't say southern new england or north va?
frank the tank was on uconn years ago being in the game with the b10 and several other schools also. all those schools we have heard rumors with also.
why did our commish not say a word about his only big time/founderish school(sorry cincy) left in his conf?
how come susan wont say big east?
how come espn pumped and then imediately devalued uconn in less than 24 hours?
and so on...

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
If we end up in the B1G, I can't wait for all the the naysayers to shut #*% up. Same sentiment when we joined the Big East. Please Mr. Delaney, send us that invite. UConn will not disappoint, never have.

Reaction Score
so jay paterno is just what? my drinking buddy?
delany didn't say southern new england or north va?
frank the tank was on uconn years ago being in the game with the b10 and several other schools also. all those schools we have heard rumors with also.
why did our commish not say a word about his only big time/founderish school(sorry cincy) left in his conf?
how come susan wont say big east?
how come espn pumped and then imediately devalued uconn in less than 24 hours?
and so on...
Jay "my father didn't know anything" Paterno? yeah he's credible.

Delaney's words are just that - words. Not some Da Vinci Code riddle that you figured out.
Frank the Tank? Really?! He throws out theory after theory and has a blog - big deal.

Ou commish didn't mention Uconn because he thought (as did our admin) we were gone to....wait for it, wait for it.....the ACC
Susan won't say Big East because she is still going to try to get uconn into the ACC
ESPN conspiracy? Yeah, OK Agent Mulder.

Reaction Score
WTF. Who says uconn isnt beibg mentioned. Heres an iowa newspaper that took a look at candidates last time around in light of big 10s hunt for new members.

http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/Whats-Next-For-Big-Ten-Expansion-181612001.html

UConn (Big East)

2010 Final verdict: At first blush UConn is an outer-rim candidate because it’s located outside of the traditional Big Ten setting. But the school has plenty of upside and the expansion decision is based more on the league in 2040, not 2010. If the league goes to 16 teams and wants to gain traction in the Northeast, it could do worse than Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Vuce you are a brave soul. This board has always had crazy. But this Big 10 push being done by about 5 posters is absurd. It won't happen. Love to be wrong too but it won't. And anyone thinking it will after the humiliation that occurred on Tuesday is insane,

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Jay "my father didn't know anything" Paterno? yeah he's credible.

Delaney's words are just that - words. Not some Da Vinci Code riddle that you figured out.
Frank the Tank? Really?! He throws out theory after theory and has a blog - big deal.

Ou commish didn't mention Uconn because he thought (as did our admin) we were gone to....wait for it, wait for it.....the ACC
Susan won't say Big East because she is still going to try to get uconn into the ACC
ESPN conspiracy? Yeah, OK Agent Mulder.

did u read what paterno said? he was suprised by rutgers over uconn at this point in expansion. that means uconn was in play. frank the tank does his theory stuff, but he did a study about $$ and uconn made his list with a select group. that study was not some back woods piece of crap.

no u and the others are blinded by the acc's false sense of security and are all wrong what happened with the acc the past 2 weeks. susan wont say big east becuase she wants b10. why the would we up are research or upgrade hockey if we wanted acc? those 2 thinks mean jack to the acc. espn has fumbled the uconn media pumping several times and has devalued us on and off depending on what was best at a given time for the acc rumors. fox is slowly taking espn to the shed right now.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Vuce you are a brave soul. This board has always had crazy. But this Big 10 push being done by about 5 posters is absurd. It won't happen. Love to be wrong too but it won't. And anyone thinking it will after the humiliation that occurred on Tuesday is insane,

i think the 5 of u that post here should start a were thread and go hang out there. u can cry to each other and bitch about not making it. the end post in that thread will be by me when all of u are proven to be sad farts. our worst outcome is a busted up acc league, so why rush to get to it?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Dan,

In the spirit of the bandwagon thread from the men's hoops board, when (not if) we land in the B1G I'll pay your bar tab for a week. I realize that I may need to sell one of my cars to cover this obligation but it will be well worth it!

Reaction Score
MHver3 is saying the Cuse rumors smoked out UVA. UVA and GT to B1G as early as Monday.

Reaction Score
i think the 5 of u that post here should start a were ****ed thread and go hang out there. u can cry to each other and bitch about not making it. the end post in that thread will be by me when all of u are proven to be sad farts. our worst outcome is a busted up acc league, so why rush to get to it?

We shall leave them ashore as the Great Blue White USS Connecticut fleet steams away from doubters island and we will rythmcally slap our bare butt cheecks derisively in their direction.

Reaction Score
B1G is playing a serious game of dare with the ACC right now. I believe B1G wants UNC, UVA and GTECH. They are picking off the low hanging fruits first one by one. They went after Maryland first because they know Maryland is in financial trouble and won't say no. Next easiest is GTECH. After that, it is UVA. At that point, ACC is like bunch of rats really to jump off to the next life raft. B1G also knows UCONN and CUSE will say YES if they invite us so they are putting us in the back burner. At least I hope that's what they are thinking.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, I didn't realize until today that this is the insane asylum, or that HFD is the warden. I read this board a lot when it was first formed after the 'Cuse and Pitt defection but didn't read it for months until the MD/RU news broke recently. I mistakenly thought it was serious, but it's basically The Onion of realignment talk.

Reaction Score
Definitely think B1G is targeting 16. We need it to happen soon so other schools don't jump us in the coming years.

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, post:
no u and the others are blinded by the acc's false sense of security and are all wrong what happened with the acc the past 2 weeks. susan wont say big east becuase she wants b10. why the **** would we up are research or upgrade hockey if we wanted acc? those 2 thinks mean jack **** to the acc. espn has fumbled the uconn media pumping several times and has devalued us on and off depending on what was best at a given time for the acc rumors. fox is slowly taking espn to the shed right now.

Hockey talk did come out of the blue shortly after Ward took over. My first reaction was long-term viability for the B10 because there wasn't anybody clamoring for it. And I'm a hockey guy.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I didn't realize until today that this is the insane asylum, or that HFD is the warden. I read this board a lot when it was first formed after the 'Cuse and Pitt defection but didn't read it for months until the MD/RU news broke recently. I mistakenly thought it was serious, but it's basically The Onion of realignment talk.
Do you have tissues at hand?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any mystery that Herbst has preferred the B1G because she thinks it's the best cultural fit for UConn, and that she has very deliberately executed a plan intended to make us more attractive for that invite. I think hiring Manuel was part of that plan, with his UM ties and his AAU experience. I agree fully that the ACC was her second choice. And I agree with her preferences 100%.

To me, this past week's events, and Herbst's and Manuel's responses to them, lead me to believe that: (1) The MD and RU to the B1G move surprised them; (2) once that happened, they came to believe and/or be reassured that we would be invited to the ACC; (3) they telegraphed that belief to the point where the BE was convinced we were headed to the ACC; (4) they do not believe we have a realistic chance for a B1G invite any time in the foreseeable future; and (5) they are holding out hope that we get invited to the ACC at some point when there are more defections, but they are no longer confident of that.

I don't see any other way to interpret: Aresco's statement; Herbst's and Manuel's expressed disappointment when we were not chosen; and Herbst's statement that we need to remember that our success has been in the Big East.

Reaction Score
I'm not as optimistic as HFD - god bless his optimism by the way as it is sorely needed in these parts - but something else to let settle into the vast reaches of your noggin.
I believe it was two years ago Colin Cowherd said on the air that he was told UConn was going to be invited to the Big 10. Said he was excited he'd get to watch big-time college football (he is a huge college football fan for those who don't know) right in his backyard. Said he had a source or sources tell him it was going to happen.
Now, it didn't happen but I remember everyone flipping out cuz no one ever connected UConn-Big 10 with any seriousness before.
Unfortunately for whatever reason it didn't happen, but what is interesting to note is that at one point in the past few years, Cowherd was told by people he trusted enough to put it on the national airwaves.
Sooo maybe HFD isn't as far off as some think.

Now drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds