Autumn enters transfer portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Autumn enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last I heard, Dartmouth had an opening for a coach, and it has a fine med school, and as Horace Greeley forgot to say, "Go north, young lady!"

Also, since Courtney Banghart graduated, the program has been in need of rebuilding.

Trivia fact is that the school that became Dartmouth could have been in Columbia, Ct. It was started as a school for Native Americans whose founder wanted to set up in Columbia, but the town refused. So, there would have been two Columbia Universities?

Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about athletic scholarships, but with her academic background, I would think she could get an academic scholarship and be a walk-on someplace else if she can't get a basketball one. She will land somewhere and succeed in life and perhaps have some basketball success too, it's just it may not be at one of her dream schools.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
itsasport said: Trivia fact is that the school that became Dartmouth could have been in Columbia, Ct. It was started as a school for Native Americans whose founder wanted to set up in Columbia, but the town refused.

True that, but what later became Columbia College, and ultimately Columbia University n the City of New York, was founded as King's College. Dartmouth sprung up in the wilds of New Hampshire about fifteen years later for the education of "Indians and Other Heathen". I guess they admitted me as one of the latter category.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about athletic scholarships, but with her academic background, I would think she could get an academic scholarship and be a walk-on someplace else if she can't get a basketball one. She will land somewhere and succeed in life and perhaps have some basketball success too, it's just it may not be at one of her dream schools.
She is a straight A student at high school...

Autumn, who had a perfect 4.0 GPA in high school and was the valedictorian of her class, plans to go to medical school one day. This would requires a strenuous undergraduate program, the type that doesn’t pair well with life as a Division I athlete.

Reaction Score
I hate to see her go, but there is something to be said about having a dream and working hard to make it happen -- even if it doesn't end the way you may have hoped.

Autumn definitely has the talent to make a difference at a smaller program and I hope she kills it wherever she lands.

PS - I would be THRILLED if she landed at Vanderbilt with Shea.
It is a heck of thing to walk on at Uconn and go to the final four. An experiance that she will cherish for the rest of her life. I hope she goes to Vanderbilt also.

Reaction Score
She is a straight A student at high school...

Autumn, who had a perfect 4.0 GPA in high school and was the valedictorian of her class, plans to go to medical school one day. This would requires a strenuous undergraduate program, the type that doesn’t pair well with life as a Division I athlete.
There are thousands of D1 athletes who later went to medical school. Time management is of course essential, but there is nothing about being a D1 athlete that prevents that. Piano majors practice eight hours a day as undergrads and a sizable number of them become Physicisns.

Reaction Score
I went back and double-checked because I had recalled reading that Autumn had scholarship offers prior to last year so it wasn't an issue of not getting any offers. They just weren't to schools she was sure she wanted to play for and Uconn had offered her a walk-on spot. It had always been her dream to play at Uconn so she decided to give it a shot. Now a year later things have changed with less playing time available she probably decided it was best to see if the scholarship opportunities are better this time around.

A couple articles at the time said that the only scholarship offers she had were from D2 schools

Reaction Score
A couple articles at the time said that the only scholarship offers she had were from D2 schools
You need to read this,

At the DI level, most of Autumn’s offers came from low-major schools. However, there was one power conference school that was in the AP Top 10 as recently as last season that showed interest, pulled off but then came back late in the process with an offer.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Can't be a walk on with a scholarship to a school - any scholarship counts against the athletic scholarship limit for the highest ranked sport you participate in (for women that is WCBB.) This is to prevent schools from bypassing scholarship limits for sports by giving athletes 'academic' scholarships and then having them play a sport.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
itsasport said: Trivia fact is that the school that became Dartmouth could have been in Columbia, Ct. It was started as a school for Native Americans whose founder wanted to set up in Columbia, but the town refused.

True that, but what later became Columbia College, and ultimately Columbia University n the City of New York, was founded as King's College. Dartmouth sprung up in the wilds of New Hampshire about fifteen years later for the education of "Indians and Other Heathen". I guess they admitted me as one of the latter category.
Bret Harte, the American writer , commented upon the "heathen Chinee" in "Plain Language from Truthful James" while poking some fun at old Algernon Charles Swinburne. Reckon either of them passed through Hanover?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I thought that this was a thread about Autumn. Amazing how many threads have a huge swerve, or 2 or ..., during the off season.

Reaction Score
I too am sorry Autumn never had the opportunity to experience the love and support of the fans at Gampel or Hartford.
I felt bad for all the women this year for what you mention. We can only hope the she attends a school that UConn may play at home in the next four years. She would obviously when introduced as a starter or coming into the game get a roof rattling standing O.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I hate to see her go, but there is something to be said about having a dream and working hard to make it happen -- even if it doesn't end the way you may have hoped.
Autumn definitely has the talent to make a difference at a smaller program and I hope she kills it wherever she lands.
This will be one of those rare times when reality will be better than the dream.

Reaction Score
Ivies?

Clearly, the best route for a young person who really aspires to medicine. Dartmouth has an excellent Biology department, is located near the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, where a number of undergrads with medical ambitions "shadow" doctors while learning about the profession, and the basketball team is one of the best in the Ivy League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom