Autumn enters transfer portal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Autumn enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't be a walk on with a scholarship to a school - any scholarship counts against the athletic scholarship limit for the highest ranked sport you participate in (for women that is WCBB.) This is to prevent schools from bypassing scholarship limits for sports by giving athletes 'academic' scholarships and then having them play a sport.

That's only partly true. If an athlete is a true walk-on, i.e. one who was not "recruited" by a school, then any need-based aid or any legitimate academic scholarship money does not make her a counter.

Reaction Score
That's only partly true. If an athlete is a true walk-on, i.e. one who was not "recruited" by a school, then any need-based aid or any legitimate academic scholarship money does not make her a counter.
Well ooook but she’s in the portal. If she ends up at a school with some type of scholarship I think it would be very hard to argue that it was pure serendipity and not even the slightest basketball related.

Reaction Score
You need to read this,

At the DI level, most of Autumn’s offers came from low-major schools. However, there was one power conference school that was in the AP Top 10 as recently as last season that showed interest, pulled off but then came back late in the process with an offer.

I am fairly sure that article is not accurate. Several AAU coaches I know say she had no D1 offers. Also, at the end of her senior year, her HS coach, Lexi Taylor, said that she "feels like Chassion has been overlooked by colleges due to her size, she currently has an offer on the table from LSU Eunice (a D2 school) and has interest from other schools, including Loyola University New Orleans along with a pair of Ivy League schools." Further, a Louisiana recruiting site near the end of her senior year said she had "interest from several low majors and offers from all other levels."

Note that all of those local sources specifically say she had no D1 offers. And those articles were all written at the end of her senior season.

Reaction Score
I am fairly sure that article is not accurate. Several AAU coaches I know say she had no D1 offers. Also, at the end of her senior year, her HS coach, Lexi Taylor, said that she "feels like Chassion has been overlooked by colleges due to her size, she currently has an offer on the table from LSU Eunice (a D2 school) and has interest from other schools, including Loyola University New Orleans along with a pair of Ivy League schools." Further, a Louisiana recruiting site near the end of her senior year said she had "interest from several low majors and offers from all other levels."

Note that all of those local sources specifically say she had no D1 offers. And those articles were all written at the end of her senior season.
Sources and links please ... not just you said he said we said.
In here Lexi Taylor never said "She had no D1 offers".

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
You might be right. If I’m a coach, and Cardoso knocks on my door, I’d would welcome her in. I have 7 months to figure it out. 6’7” can help you win games in late March. That’s my ultimate goal thus coming season. If I’m convinced she can help us win those last 3 tournament games, she’s in.

I don’t know if her addition to the team would upset the chemistry. I would if I was with them every day. I agree that when you have it and it’s good, you don’t disrupt it.

I didn’t have my name mentioned once all season as I tried to predict the mov of our games. Conversely I along with most everyone else here correctly read the tea leaves and surmised that Mulkey was leaving Baylor. Because of my “temporary” inability to see through the shadows, I’ve had to step back into them. :eek:
I'm on board except for the chemistry part. Almost every year is an introduction to a new "chemistry" players leave players come. The BY has any number of threads that deal with new players, potential new players, starting 5, playing time, etc. It appears that the MO has been keep the basic rotation players on the floor long enough to facilitate a large margin and play them some more. If Geno has 14 or 15 players may not change what has been his recent history MO, I know he has what appears to be a greater number of good players, what I don't know is if he still plays 7-8 or expands playing time for more players. I don't see getting Cardoso changes that or in any way effects chemistry. If she is with the team from the first day in June she should have no more effect than any other new player.

Reaction Score
Autumn received 2 offers from Ivy League schools. Are Ivy League schools D1 school?, Yes they are. (Are Ivy League schools D1 school? - Google Search)

The trip went so well that he returned a year later with his daughter, Autumn, so that she could see the Huskies’ commitment to excellence for herself. She may have already grown up a fan of the team, but now she was really hooked. As the time approached for Autumn to make her college decision, the 5-foot-8 point guard had scholarship offers and interest from other schools, including two from the Ivy League. But none were UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seems like a great kid and a solid player but she's a Low D1/D2/D3 player. Hope she finds a fit where she can play. Ivy League might make sense if she is a High Academic type.

Wonder is she could go back home and get minutes at Tulane or Rice. Might be a stretch. Vandy would be a stretch too but there is probably some comfort with Shea and Shea knows better than us what level she can play at.
I'd love to see her at Rice. My son is a grad and employee.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why is that when a player transfers several on the BY have to dissect her skills or credentials to point out flaws, as if the player wasn't worthy of being on the team in the first place? Now the story is whether Autumn had any D1 offers, what H.S. level she played on, etc., but just a week ago some of the same people were chanting for her to get some minutes next season. Sheesh! Give it a break! If you're not complaining or criticizing something, you're not breathing. Just wish her well and let her pursue her future endeavors. ?

Reaction Score
Why is that when a player transfers several on the BY have to dissect her skills or credentials to point out flaws, as if the player wasn't worthy of being on the team in the first place? Now the story is whether Autumn had any D1 offers, what H.S. level she played on, etc., but just a week ago some of the same people were chanting for her to get some minutes next season. Sheesh! Give it a break! If you're not complaining or criticizing something, you're not breathing. Just wish her well and let her pursue her future endeavors. ?
Why is that when a player transfers several on the BY have to claim that she would start for any other team in the country?
If folks are going to speculate that she should get picked up by LSU or Duke, then I'm going to speculate that's never going to happen.
I wish Autumn well. Seems like a great kid. But some of these suggestions about which school should take her are ridiculous.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why is that when a player transfers several on the BY have to claim that she would start for any other team in the country?
If folks are going to speculate that she should get picked up by LSU or Duke, then I'm going to speculate that's never going to happen.
I wish Autumn well. Seems like a great kid. But some of these suggestions about which school should take her are ridiculous.
:eek:IDK. She shot 33% from deep for UCONN that would make her 2nd best on LSU and 3rd best on Duke no?
:eek: :eek: Even without Autumn UCONN's WBB bench next year would be a top 3 team.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Um, because it's the BY and the off season to boot. These are the same posters that can recruit and coach better than Geno and would never have let MissSt, ND or AZ beat us in a Final Four. NEVER!!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well said, thank you.

I believe the majority of the people here wish Autumn all the best, and not to criticize her D1 offers or not be able to get offers from other school.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You might be right. If I’m a coach, and Cardoso knocks on my door, I’d would welcome her in. I have 7 months to figure it out. 6’7” can help you win games in late March. That’s my ultimate goal this coming season. If I’m convinced she can help us win those last 3 tournament games, she’s in.

I don’t know if her addition to the team would upset the chemistry. I would if I was with them every day, but I'm not. I agree that when you have it and it’s good, you don’t disrupt it.

I didn’t have my name mentioned once all season as I tried to predict the MOV of our games. Conversely I along with most everyone else here correctly read the tea leaves and surmised that Mulkey was leaving Baylor. Because of my “temporary” inability to see through the shadows, I’ve had to step back into them. :eek:
Blame it on the lack of fans Carnac, it upset your chee. Don't worry though, you should do better this year because there should be fans in the seats. Plus you will have more chances because if everything goes well there should be around 36 to 38 games next season.;)

Reaction Score
Sometimes excellent students can’t get into their dream school through the normal application process. This might be a way to transfer to Autumn’s dream school.

The valedictorian of my son’s high school class applied to a lot of schools - Yale, Harvard, North Carolina, ND, Duke, etc and got into most of them but wasn’t accepted at her dream school of Princeton. This could be the case for Autumn as well. If she can get a scholly, even a partial one, to an excellent academic institution, why not go for it?
Princeton loves smart female athletes. Girls I coached in softball thrived there. Autumn would do so as well.

Reaction Score
Hope that Geno has called Kathy Delaney-Smith, Harvard's women's basketball head coach, and put a good word in for his 4.0 GPA wonder. Just heard a rumor that Harvard does have a Medical School, just down the street from the renown Brigham and Women's Hospital. Could Autumn use her extra year to play ball while in her first year of medical school?

Since Harvard, Brown and Yale are all less than 80 miles away, the Huskies can carpool when they want to see Autumn play, if their WBB practice and game schedule permits.

Any CT-area college WBB teams want to guarantee a sellout (or maximum capacity allowed) if they schedule a home-and-home series against the Huskies if they are fortunate enough to have Autumn on their team?

Reaction Score
I noticed a Harvard WBB player transferring to U of California, Berkeley ( i.e. "Cal" ) as
a graduate transfer. Definitely a " smart" lady and a good BB player using her
extra year of eligibility to get more " play" and another degree.
So... Ms. Chassion, consider using that last year of eligibility for a final
year of "play" and a few additional pre- med courses in a graduate program. Then, you could
consider a combined M.D. / Ph.D. program!!
As Geno might say : " smart play". (very coachable! ) T. S. Zarathustra

Reaction Score
I just know a little about Autumn and so far she is the best bench player I have ever seen. It's a tough decision and brave for her to walk into UConn. I will miss her when someone drains a three next season.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Autumn received 2 offers from Ivy League schools. Are Ivy League schools D1 school?, Yes they are. (Are Ivy League schools D1 school? - Google Search)

The trip went so well that he returned a year later with his daughter, Autumn, so that she could see the Huskies’ commitment to excellence for herself. She may have already grown up a fan of the team, but now she was really hooked. As the time approached for Autumn to make her college decision, the 5-foot-8 point guard had scholarship offers and interest from other schools, including two from the Ivy League. But none were UConn.

I feel like I'm kicking a puppy by parsing this, but I read that sentence as she had interest from Ivy League schools, not scholarship offers. (The Ivies don't offer athletic scholarships). Interest can mean many things, such as "if you apply and are accepted into the general student body here, we would love for you to try out for the team."

Also people are aware that medical schools are independent from their affiliated undergrad colleges and also require post-grad application and acceptance, yes?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

What does bringing this up accomplish? We are (thankfully, for some of us) not our parents.

By all accounts, Autumn is a good person, her teammates loved her, she was able to earn a spot on the premier women's basketball team in the nation, she stuck it out for the year, and now she's moving on to other opportunities.

There is no need to continue to bring her father into the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom