Autumn enters transfer portal | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Autumn enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
What does bringing this up accomplish? We are (thankfully, for some of us) not our parents.

By all accounts, Autumn is a good person.....

There is no need to continue to bring her father into the conversation.

@Argonaut YOU miss the point.

This father was engineering his daughter's life so that HE could live "playing at UCONN" through her. He is a manipulator, par excellence. I'll bet he was working his magic to get her more playing time and Geno is not standing for that meddling. Ergo, she's out.

And yes - Autumn seems like a really nice kid.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
@Argonaut YOU miss the point.

This father was engineering his daughter's life so that HE could live "playing at UCONN" through her. He is a manipulator, par excellence. I'll bet he was working his magic to get her more playing time and Geno is not standing for that meddling . Ergo, she's out.

And yes - Autumn seems like a really nice kid.

You should know better than that. If dad was a problem Geno wouldn't have brought her on in the first place. I'm pretty sure there are some 5* recruits that never got a UConn offer based on meddling parents, so he definitely wouldn't waste his time with Autumn's dad.

Now...

let it go GIF

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
You should know better than that. If dad was a problem Geno wouldn't have brought her on in the first place. I'm pretty sure there are some 5* recruits that never got a UConn offer based on meddling parents, so he definitely wouldn't waste his time with Autumn's dad.

The meddling father took one last shot:

“I sent CD an email letting her know my daughter loves the school and would love it if there’s any possibility, even if it didn’t work out...she’d love to possibly still be part of the team,"

Note the "even if it didn’t work out".

Soo, IT didn't work out - She's gone.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

The meddling father took one last shot:

“I sent CD an email letting her know my daughter loves the school and would love it if there’s any possibility, even if it didn’t work out...she’d love to possibly still be part of the team,"

Note the "even if it didn’t work out".

Soo, IT didn't work out - She's gone.

In the same article, it talks about how much time they spent at UConn practices during two trips to Storrs, how she was offered a walk on spot the previous November, and how the staff had taken the time to watch her play early on, but eventually went in a different direction.

During alllllllll that time, if Geno (or anyone in the program) ever wanted to stop talking to the family because the father would be an issue, it would have been over.

I don't understand why it's so hard to wish a kid well and move on.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score

I don't understand why it's so hard to wish a kid well and move on.
Argonaut, YOU simply miss the point, again!

In my previous posts, in this thread, I noted that she seems like a really nice, smart and great kid. In any post where I didn't, it would have been because I was only commenting on her father.

I have no problem with your musing that it would be great if she ended up at Vandy, with Shea. Won't happen; but, dream on.

And finally, can you please go bicker with someone else.

Reaction Score
I noticed a Harvard WBB player transferring to U of California, Berkeley ( i.e. "Cal" ) as
a graduate transfer. Definitely a " smart" lady and a good BB player using her
extra year of eligibility to get more " play" and another degree.
So... Ms. Chassion, consider using that last year of eligibility for a final
year of "play" and a few additional pre- med courses in a graduate program. Then, you could
consider a combined M.D. / Ph.D. program!!
As Geno might say : " smart play". (very coachable! ) T. S. Zarathustra
Ivy only has 4 years... nothing extra. If they want to play 4 in 5 years (redshirt), it has to be elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Lowest classification meaning in her state's enrollment. I believe I saw that her team played in the state 1A division.
I finished high school in rural La at a class B school. 600ish students from K-12. 21 seniors. And we had some great games against class C schools even deeper off the beaten track. Our girls once played a very small school that wasn't owned by the penecostal church but was full of their kids. The girls were only allowed to play half court, wore what looked like homemade woolen skirts, brown with orange trim. You talk about shooting the lights out, every single one of them could hit from anywhere in their hobbit sized gym. I don't think they were even class C.

Reaction Score
Well seriously, some of you posters I think forgot to take your nap yesterday. This kid is an awesome player and we loved having her at UConn. She wants to play more so thus the transfer. It’s not that hard to understand.
Geez Louise. Such negativity. Go take your long nap.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Argonaut, YOU simply miss the point, again!

In my previous posts, in this thread, I noted that she seems like a really nice, smart and great kid. In any post where I didn't, it would have been because I was only commenting on her father.

I have no problem with your musing that it would be great if she ended up at Vandy, with Shea. Won't happen; but, dream on.

And finally, can you please go bicker with someone else.

Takes two to bicker. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
Ivy only has 4 years... nothing extra. If they want to play 4 in 5 years (redshirt), it has to be elsewhere.
The Ivie's did institute a one time exception for a Covid year, this spring. Not a redshirt, which can be accomplished by withdrawing from school, and then re-enrolling, which has happened several times with athletes over the years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Um, because it's the BY and the off season to boot. These are the same posters that can recruit and coach better than Geno and would never have let MissSt, ND or AZ beat us in a Final Four. NEVER!!! :rolleyes:
To be fair, all of them are undefeated in national championship games.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Has there been an update as to where Autumn will be continuing her college career? I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

Reaction Score
Has there been an update as to where Autumn will be continuing her college career? I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

I asked on Twitter and “if there was, there would be 3 articles about it already”.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Of the >1000 players in the portal, just under 500 have an announced destination.
Many will not find a home, at least in D1. Fully 1/3 of all transfers are grad transfers, seeking to play the extra year granted by the NCAA. Many were reserves from mediocre programs where they were not offered the opportunity to return for the 5th year.

Reaction Score
How do we know that it was Autumn's decision alone to enter the portal, and not Geno's decision to inform her, since she would not to be on the team next year, that her best course of strategy would be to enter the portal?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How do we know that it was Autumn's decision alone to enter the portal, and not Geno's decision to inform her, since she would not to be on the team next year, that her best course of strategy would be to enter the portal?
I doubt Geno advised Autumn that she would not be on the team next year. He might have advised her that if she returned she would not be receiving an athletic scholarship next year, which may have prompted Autumn to enter the portal.

Reaction Score
I doubt that someone who was asked to leave would post "once a Husky, always a Husky."

No idea what you mean by "she would not be on the team next year." As a walk-on, no reason she could not have stayed.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Autumn was/is a family favorite in my house and while I enjoyed her enthusiasm, I do not see a P5 player in that small frame. Her joining Vandy would be a disservice to what Shea should be trying to achieve (not the rest of my family who think she can join anywhere). There are conflicting reports whether Autumn had offers from D1 schools (her comments) or did not have any offers (her coaches comments). She was from a very small high school in Louisiana that specialized in sports. She was a good player on that team. I could see her at a mid-major getting some minutes. But given her academic record, I am not sure whether those mid-majors offer those academic wishes (some must).

I wish her well and will follow her where ever she goes, but I am not of the opinion she is a D1 player and certainly not a P5 player. Just my humble opinion that I am sure will elicit some condemnation...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom