Autumn enters transfer portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Autumn enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I went back and double-checked because I recall reading that Autumn had scholarship offers prior to last year so it wasn't an issue of not getting any offers. They just weren't to schools she was sure she wanted to play for and Uconn had offered her a walk-on spot. It had always been her dream to play at Uconn so she decided to give it a shot. Now a year later things have changed with less playing time available she probably decided it was best to see if the scholarship opportunities are better this time around.

Players want to play. She still has 4 years of eligibility, she has a year of experience under her belt, She's learned how to play "UConn" basketball and how to read the floor and make decisions on the fly based on how the defense is playing you, and she also has experience calling plays during time outs. Just an all around player now ready for the next phase of her college athletic experience. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she will land on her feet somewhere, and do exceptionally well. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Scholarship by another name!
Yes, but Ivy scholarships are entirely need based, which means your family picks up a portion of the college costs that the scholarship clearinghouse in Princeton, NJ determines that they can afford. In addition, the Ivies give scholarship applicants a package that includes an aid grant, loan amount an required work-study amount by the student.

A full athletic scholarship has no need component, loan amount or work-study requirement. It is basically an aid grant that covers the full cost of tuition, room and board.

Reaction Score
Duke checks all the boxes.
For whom?

I know everyone wants to think every UConn person is a phenomenal player but it's not true. She got low D-1 offers in high school. It is unlikely a major P5 school would want her. Vandy is the one exception because Shea knows her and vice versa.

Reaction Score
BREAKS MY HEART!
Best wishes to Autumn, you are one of my favorites!
Autumn, consider exercise physiology as part of your PRE- MED
studies, then .. use if for you future (side job) coaching position!! ( or
as part of SPORTS MEDICINE??). Then there is the speciality of PSYCHIATRY.
You could add something to the Xs and Os of the " INNER GAME
of BASKETBALL".
I will be following your career, Sincerely, ZARATHUSTRA

Reaction Score
Dear AUTUMN,
Consider contacting COLGATE UNIVERSITY!!
Great for Pre- Med,( they give a type of athletic
scholarship), and a great new Head Coach.!!!
Check it out!!!
Zarathustra

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'll miss Autumn's intense gaze over Geno's left shoulder. The notion she can follow Shea to Vanderbilt is a fairy tale (you watch, it'll happen). Wish her all the best in finding a new basketball home.
I remember Frank Sinatra (a few years back) saying that "Fairy tales can come true (it can happen to you) if you're young at heart"!! :rolleyes: It must be true. He wouldn't say it if it wasn't so would he? :eek:

Reaction Score
No athletic scholarships in the Ivy League
No scholarships in the traditional sense, but very lucrative financial aid packages that leave little in the way of out of pocket expenses. Yale, Harvard and Princeton are pretty much tuition free for middle to low income students.

Reaction Score
I would think returning to her home state and joining Kim at LSU would be a nice transfer.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
My first thought is that there must have been a reason why she only got 15 minutes of PT and no scholly offer. I thought she played well during those limited minutes but I wonder why she was on the bench during so many blow outs.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
My first thought is that there must have been a reason why she only got 15 minutes of PT and no scholly offer. I thought she played well during those limited minutes but I wonder why she was on the bench during so many blow outs.

I’m pretty sure there was mention of an injury during the latter part of the season.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
May she find a full scholarship at a school where she can get lots of playing time and prepare for medical school.

Ivies?
Last I heard, Dartmouth had an opening for a coach, and it has a fine med school, and as Horace Greeley forgot to say, "Go north, young lady!"

Also, since Courtney Banghart graduated, the program has been in need of rebuilding.

image.jpeg

"It is, Sir, as I have said, a small college, and yet, there are those who love it. …"

—Daniel Webster, arguing Dartmouth College v. Woodward before the U.S. Supreme Court

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll miss Autumn's intense gaze over Geno's left shoulder. The notion she can follow Shea to Vanderbilt is a fairy tale (you watch, it'll happen). Wish her all the best in finding a new basketball home.
I think this would be a win for both Shea and Autumn, assuming Shea has openings for a guard. Autumn gets a Vandy Scholarship, and still has a UConn coach. And then stays on for grad school. Shea gets a properly indoctrinated kid that could be with her for four more years as a grad student, and then two more years as a grad assistant. Win/win all the way around. :D :cool: :)

Reaction Score
I feel badly, but mostly because she didn’t get to play in Gampel when it was packed to the rafters and really rocking. Even if a player only makes one bucket in the last two minutes of a blow out, the fans will make it really special. The whole team got a little cheated in that way.

Reaction Score
Sad day….I really liked her but understand..too much talent at UCONN …she could have gotten a few more minutes on blowouts….but Geno does not like cleanup time….

Reaction Score
And the class clown says "Autumn leaves in the spring?" :confused: :eek::D
Good luck to Autumn such a class act, student and teammate. She certainly won the endearment of us UConn fans. This had to be an extremely hard decision for her and I hope the next stop is a place where she can thrive on the court and in the classroom.
As stated by others she will be followed by the fans of two schools now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I feel badly, but mostly because she didn’t get to play in Gampel when it was packed to the rafters and really rocking. Even if a player only makes one bucket in the last two minutes of a blow out, the fans will make it really special. The whole team got a little cheated in that way.
Your post reminds me that I suggested on the BY when UConn first announced that Autumn would be attending as a walk-on that she would be a crowd favorite, who was likely to generate tremendous crowd reaction whenever she buried a 3 during mop up time. I too am sorry Autumn never had the opportunity to experience the love and support of the fans at Gampel or Hartford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom