2025 Recruiting: - Australian PG Jacob Furphy | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Australian PG Jacob Furphy

Reaction Score
The Illinois guy said he’s expected to announce this week and UConn is expected to be the choice. Said Illinois was making a late push so we shall see

Reaction Score
Trying to watch Furphy film and it's impossible because all 5 guys on Australia's teams look identical.
australia defense identical.jpg

Reaction Score
Trying to watch Furphy film and it's impossible because all 5 guys on Australia's teams look identical.
View attachment 104064
I've watched everything that's out there on this kid and listened to an interview with him, he's a good interview.

If I just saw this kid I would think if he played a sport it's probably rugby or boxing. He doesn't really look like a basketball player to me but he is and he's a very good one. He's really efficient at scoring, nice lefty stroke, good in pick and roll, knows how to navigate the court with a high bball IQ, finishes with tear drop runners and unique finishing around the rim. It's all kind of weird to watch because he just doesn't look like a basketball player to me. He's not at all a run and jump guy, a young lefty Cam Spencer would be the comparison. He's 6'4.5 barefoot 210 lbs. with a 6'6 wingspan.

If we get him I think this takes us out of the running for Mullins which is a bummer for me because I'm a big fan of him and I thought he was coming here. Mullins is really good but this kid might be just as good or possibly even better. My only hesitation with him is his lack of athleticism and pairing him in the same backcourt class with Darius Adams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom