2025 Recruiting: - Australian PG Jacob Furphy | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Australian PG Jacob Furphy

Reaction Score
Why does everyone think Furphy is a wing? I thought he was a PG and would not affect Mullins.

Reaction Score
we cant bring in Mullins and Furphy unless Furphy is ok w/ sitting on the bench as a frosh. otherwise staff would have to be sure one of Aidan/Nowell/Ball/Ross is leaving. Similarly, we only have room for one of Reibe or Bundalo unless staff is sure one of Stew/Abraham/Reed is leaving.

Aidan / Nowell / Furphy*
Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reibe* / Reed / Singare
Yeah mean what a lot of freshman do ;)? I’m not sure what his expectations are. We know there are plenty of roster spots. If he’s willing to put his dues in and wait, like a Ross, then it could work out just fine.

Reibe is a classic 5. Bundalo could likely move around. We’ll know soon enough hopefully based on who we land as how hard the staff presses thereafter for the remaining targets.

Reaction Score
we cant bring in Mullins and Furphy unless Furphy is ok w/ not being in the rotation as a frosh. otherwise staff would have to be sure one of Aidan/Nowell/Ball/Ross is leaving. Similarly, we only have room for one of Reibe or Bundalo unless staff is sure one of Stew/Abraham/Reed is leaving.

Aidan / Nowell / Furphy*
Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Bundalo* / Abraham
Reibe* / Reed / Singare
The roster will work itself out. But that is a lot of overlap

awy

Reaction Score
Furphy has the height to be a wing, 6'6" in shoes (6'4.5" barefoot). He's a bit like a Marcus Domask from Illinois.
yea basically illinois brought him in to be a bootyball guy and uconn probably telling him he can be doncic.

Reaction Score
he does seem to have some contacts on the staff so this kind of first hand clue is welcome. some people are too sensitive to the noise/wrong stuff and throw out the signal. in a generally information poor environment u gotta live with what you get.
Zanetto put his entire reputation on the Flagg recruitment and it blew up in his face. Unfortunately, I'll never take what he says seriously.
The one thing in recruiting I do take seriously is Danny DOESN'T LEAK ANYTHING. So any reports out there are probably not coming from the staff.

Reaction Score
Zanetto put his entire reputation on the Flagg recruitment and it blew up in his face. Unfortunately, I'll never take what he says seriously.
The one thing in recruiting I do take seriously is Danny DOESN'T LEAK ANYTHING. So any reports out there are probably not coming from the staff.
The Big 12 thing being imminent was the tipping point for me. To say it’s likely is one thing. Imminent is something else altogether.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
I'm not here to defend Zanetto, but if I recall he was big on us getting Flagg and had based it on some insider(s) he spoke to. I do not recall him ever putting his entire reputation on it.

Reaction Score
I'm not here to defend Zanetto, but if I recall he was big on us getting Flagg and had based it on some insider(s) he spoke to. I do not recall him ever putting his entire reputation on it.
The thing about inside sources/information -- it needs to be correct, otherwise it's not really an inside source. He didn't put his entire reputation on it per se, but Flagg and the Big12 f up ruined his reputation of reliable information with me.

Reaction Score
The only reports coming from staff is the stuff at StorrsCentral.

Which has been extremely quiet this week. My guess is that there is still stuff up in the air, and it's not yet known how things will shake out.

Reaction Score
You got to like Zanetto for his passion and Teflon, but man is he a homer. The content the last couple days was like, cmon dude, this is beyond recycled.

Sophomores poised to make leaps? Has he not hit that multiple times already?

Dynasty formula?

Hurleys style impacts success?

It’s like how many ways can you spin this to make it sound new?

Reaction Score
The only reports coming from staff is the stuff at StorrsCentral.

Which has been extremely quiet this week. My guess is that there is still stuff up in the air, and it's not yet known how things will shake out.
$10 a month for direct insider info. And people still rather listen to Zanetto….lmao

Reaction Score
$10 a month for direct insider info. And people still rather listen to Zanetto….lmao
I know its crazy right? Every yarder should be on SC. $10 for information directly from the staff and all the money goes to NIL. If its not on SC its not true.

Reaction Score
You got to like Zanetto for his passion and Teflon, but man is he a homer. The content the last couple days was like, cmon dude, this is beyond recycled.

Sophomores poised to make leaps? Has he not hit that multiple times already?

Dynasty formula?

Hurleys style impacts success?

It’s like how many ways can you spin this to make it sound new?

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt to some degree, the locked on model requires daily content. It's extremely difficult to even do weekly content during most offseason cycles of CBB. I agree he wouldn't be my preferred choice to deliver the UConn content (the yawns, the claims to insider info that's wrong,) as I do view him to be unprofessional. But there is simply not enough content to discuss novel podcast segments every day.

If you're a celtics fan, John Karalis does the locked on celtics pod. Much better delivery, availability of content, and he's a true insider.

Reaction Score
I know its crazy right? Every yarder should be on SC. $10 for information directly from the staff and all the money goes to NIL. If its not on SC its not true.
Is the Info there drastically different than what’s generally available online? I’m all for signing up if it’s a differentiator.

Reaction Score
So every media member or insiders reputation is trash is what ur saying bc everybody has been wrong one time or another … trust no one

Reaction Score
Is the Info there drastically different than what’s generally available online? I’m all for signing up if it’s a differentiator.
No it’s not it’s the same info but at least you can contribute to UConn in the process but it’s no info you would get from any other recruiting site or insider via social media platforms

Reaction Score
I think there is room for both. I don't listen to Zanetto for insider info - I listen because its content every day which is very difficult to find. He drives me nuts half the time but I also can recognize that it's not an easy job. His information has to be recycled because there is only so much to talk about.

Reaction Score
No it’s not it’s the same info but at least you can contribute to UConn in the process but it’s no info you would get from any other recruiting site or insider via social media platforms

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom