2025 Recruiting: - Australian PG Jacob Furphy | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Australian PG Jacob Furphy

Reaction Score
I think there is room for both. I don't listen to Zanetto for insider info - I listen because its content every day which is very difficult to find. He drives me nuts half the time but I also can recognize that it's not an easy job. His information has to be recycled because there is only so much to talk about.
Zanetto and his insider guest today are saying Braylon Mullins announces his decision next Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Man I’m an avid defender of zanetto & the locked in UConn podcast … if you don’t like don’t listen I say …

But after the last 2 pods I think I don’t have a leg to stand on anymore my guy said Mullins commitment date was 10/16 & then today said Jhonny & Jacob Furphy were brothers & had to be corrected by Sam lance …now I can understand mispronouncing players names it’s not that serious & he was right about the big12 take (still in the works) but a mistake on info that’s every where is just lack of due diligence especially if your getting paid to do so damn mark you’ve failed me ‍♂️

Reaction Score
Zanetto also says he talked to his plugged in scout who he is very close to and he was told Jacob Furphy is going to UConn. Zanetto also says for the uninitiated Jacob Furphy is Johnny Furphy's brother. He made this sound like he got the info from his insider friend. He also didn't even know UConn was recruiting him.

This guy really needs to tighten it up if he's going to have a daily UConn bball pod.

Reaction Score
Zanetto and his insider guest today are saying Braylon Mullins announces his decision next Tuesday.
Is that even true? I’m seeing Wednesday October 23rd everywhere else. Did that change or are these guys wrong?

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
You got to like Zanetto for his passion and Teflon, but man is he a homer. The content the last couple days was like, cmon dude, this is beyond recycled.

Sophomores poised to make leaps? Has he not hit that multiple times already?

Dynasty formula?

Hurleys style impacts success?

It’s like how many ways can you spin this to make it sound new?
Ruff you are correct - I had that feeling seeing several recycled themes and thought - daily podcast/video guess he's having trouble "filling the hours".

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No it’s not it’s the same info but at least you can contribute to UConn in the process but it’s no info you would get from any other recruiting site or insider via social media platforms

I don't agree with this.

A lot of it winds its way into the public sphere, but it's filtered because people are being very careful about not quoting what the insiders there are saying.

At worst, you hear "the same info" earlier. But, truly, the nature of the reports is quite different from what you get on Twitter or here.

Well worth the money.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not true.

A lot of it winds its way into the public sphere, but it's filtered because people are being very careful about not quoting what the insiders there are saying.

At worst, you hear "the same info" earlier. But, truly, the nature of the reports is quite different from what you get on Twitter or here.

Well worth the money.
Everything I’ve read on there Ive seen on other recruiting sites, social media & podcast different wording yeah but its all the same nothing exclusive… but I still subscribe bc I don’t mind supporting UConn

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Is the Info there drastically different than what’s generally available online? I’m all for signing up if it’s a differentiator.
The biggest thing isn't getting info early, it's knowing that the info is 100% accurate because it's straight from the program. No more wading through the sea of "insiders" on Twitter, or wondering who on the Boneyard has real sources when a Timberlake situation happens etc. If we get told something on SC and it plays out differently (hasn't happened yet), we'll still know that the sources are good and things changed at the last minute. There is also a lot of reading between the lines where if they don't comment on something you can usually make some strong inferences, etc.

In the last 4 months or so, they have also given away autographed practice jerseys from Castle/Karaban and a pair of tickets to their Suite for the Merrimack football game, if a 1% raffle chance every month or two moves the needle for you at all.

I will confidently say that every person who was on SC during the Lakers saga would agree that the price of the annual membership was fully worth it just for that one week. Not that we (or they) knew Hurley was staying days earlier than the announcement came, but some tidbits were shared that helped me keep my sanity instead of spiraling which for me was worth the price of admission.

Outside of that, anyone who is still on the fence come March/April should 1000% sign up for a month during portal season and treat it as a one month trial. Portal season moves fast and you can decide from there if you think it's worth it.

Reaction Score
Is that even true? I’m seeing Wednesday October 23rd everywhere else. Did that change or are these guys wrong?
The guest Sam Lance said online in a comment later that he thinks Zanetto misspoke.

Reactions: awy
Reaction Score
Zanetto also says he talked to his plugged in scout who he is very close to and he was told Jacob Furphy is going to UConn. Zanetto also says for the uninitiated Jacob Furphy is Johnny Furphy's brother. He made this sound like he got the info from his insider friend. He also didn't even know UConn was recruiting him.

This guy really needs to tighten it up if he's going to have a daily UConn bball pod.
The entire Locked On media network is run by clickbait "fans" who don't actually know anything. No one needs or wants a daily podcast when you don't have direct access to the program, players, or practices - which none of the Locked On hosts have.

And for those unaware, Jacob Furphy is not related to Johnny Furphy. Lol.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Everything I’ve read on there Ive seen on other recruiting sites, social media & podcast different wording yeah but its all the same nothing exclusive… but I still subscribe bc I don’t mind supporting UConn

Sure, if you sort through everything on all those sites, somebody somewhere will have said the same thing. And if you let a monkey hit the keys of a typewriter at random an infinite amount of times, eventually the monkey will type out the entire works of Shakespeare.

As mets1090 pointed out, it's the credibility. When you get a smiley face there, you can take that to the bank (so far). The info also comes out sooner. I don't know what sites you're on if you're getting that info at the same pace.

Anyway, what's most important is just like you said, it's supporting the program.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he was off here…10/23 is the date Mullins announced and he said 10/16. He also said he had been hearing 10/23 tentatively on a Reibe announcement but pretty sure he was just blowing smoke there.

Reaction Score
Man I’m an avid defender of zanetto & the locked in UConn podcast … if you don’t like don’t listen I say …

But after the last 2 pods I think I don’t have a leg to stand on anymore my guy said Mullins commitment date was 10/16 & then today said Jhonny & Jacob Furphy were brothers & had to be corrected by Sam lance …now I can understand mispronouncing players names it’s not that serious & he was right about the big12 take (still in the works) but a mistake on info that’s every where is just lack of due diligence especially if your getting paid to do so damn mark you’ve failed me ‍♂️
Calling Jordan Hawkins(UConn Legend) “Andre” is not mispronouncing his name. He’s done it 4 times on 4 different occasions.

He doesn’t know his name.

Reaction Score
Adams, Furphy, Mullins? That'd be mind blowing from the G/Wing standpoint. Add in a big and wow! I know, I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Reaction Score
Zanetto’s best bet is to get guests on as much as he can if he wants to keep it worth listening to. His homer monologues talking about Hurley as if he wants to man-spoon him get super old quick.

And yes he needs to prep and do some dry running and get his facts and names straight. When he kicks off it almost feels like he’s surprised, like he just rolled out of bed, threw on his hoodie on and jumped in from of the camera. He runs some decent guests every once in awhile, and like mentioned got to applaud the passion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom