2025 Recruiting: - Australian PG Jacob Furphy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Australian PG Jacob Furphy

Reaction Score
Adams and Furphy would be a seriously unathletic backcourt.

Tristen and Cam would never be labeled big run and jump guys but they were the age of pros and they were more athletic than these two.
I think you’re discrediting Adams a bit here. He may not jump out of the gym but he’s not a bad athlete.

The biggest hurdle you face with a lack of athleticism is typically on defense (Doncic included). There are ways to cover that up, whether it be length, a paint or backcourt eraser.

I’m all in on this guy - has a Heath Ledger badass Ozzie quality that would level up the locker room even more. Throw another d@mn shrimp on the bbq! IQ has a way of being contagious where athleticism doesn’t.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Hurley and Luke (I assume, because he's international) think he's good enough to offer and push for an OV, then he's going to be a fit in our culture and system. No doubt about it. And considering we've targets no one ranked below 40 in the 2025 class, they must really think he's got some talent.
I've watched some more film on him and I'm sold. He's extremely skilled and smart. Really good shooter, really good passer, can use both hands, change of pace, good cutter.

Reaction Score
Adams and Furphy would be a seriously unathletic backcourt.

Tristen and Cam would never be labeled big run and jump guys but they were the age of pros and they were more athletic than these two.

I'll take intelligence over athleticism every day of the week. Furphy is reported to have an "insane hoops IQ" and you can see that he just knows how to play. He legit plays like a lefty Cam. Adams is a top 15 player in the country and has been outstanding versus all comers.

Reaction Score
I'll take intelligence over athleticism every day of the week. Furphy is reported to have an "insane hoops IQ" and you can see that he just knows how to play. He legit plays like a lefty Cam. Adams is a top 15 player in the country and has been outstanding versus all comers.
It doesn't take away from it being an unathletic backcourt. Adams is also incredibly skinny.

People can bring up Tristen and Cam but those guys were grown men physically and playing wise. It's totally different.

Reaction Score
It doesn't take away from it being an unathletic backcourt. Adams is also incredibly skinny.

People can bring up Tristen and Cam but those guys were grown men physically and playing wise. It's totally different.
Adams isn’t going to start as a freshman. He’s skinny…but doesn’t look ridiculously skinny to me for a 17 year old kid (wouldn’t be surprised at all if the 165 he’s listed at is inaccurate). He’s not Tayshaun Prince skinny. He’s more like Rip Hamilton skinny but I could easily see his body filling out to 6’5”, 190 by the time he’s a sophomore.

Reaction Score
I want another Cam- especially for more than one year!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is there really any news regarding visits since Hurley took over? It is what it is, but

IN HURLEY WE TRUST!!!!

SC listed the (very full) schedule for his visit but there's nothing about how it went

Reaction Score
I have so much trust in the development of players and obviously our coaches have an eye for those the think they can develop. At this point a visit is as much an interview on the player to see if he is a culture fit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
First guard recruit I would make some Spencer comparisons. Adams/Furphy backcourt would be very interchangeable, neither is a pure point, both can shoot and handle the ball. Mullins reminds me more of Hawkins.

Reaction Score
First guard recruit I would make some Spencer comparisons. Adams/Furphy backcourt would be very interchangeable, neither is a pure point, both can shoot and handle the ball. Mullins reminds me more of Hawkins.
I would just worry some about athleticism. Mahaney, Nowell, Adams, Furphy would be a pretty unathletic backcourt. Solo would mitigate that some but there's no guarantee he'll be back.

Tristen and Cam weren't exactly major run and jump athletes but they were basically pros and they played alongside the best defensive big man in the country and the best perimeter defender in the country.

Reaction Score
Has anybody heard that Furphy is making his commitment this week or are IU fans making stuff up as a smoke screen for UConn getting Mullins ?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I would just worry some about athleticism. Mahaney, Nowell, Adams, Furphy would be a pretty unathletic backcourt. Solo would mitigate that some but there's no guarantee he'll be back.

Tristen and Cam weren't exactly major run and jump athletes but they were basically pros and they played alongside the best defensive big man in the country and the best perimeter defender in the country.
This would be a concern. Though I'd argue none of the guard prospects we've gone after are especially athletic, sans Thomas.

Landing a tall/athletic rim protecting big(Reibe), and the development of Reed defensively would be important. The return of guys like Ross, Stewart, and Abraham(I expect him to be a dog) as defensive aces on the perimeter would also help.

Reaction Score
Is Illinois the only other college he has a visit lined up to? gonna be interesting if his decision comes before Mullins

Reaction Score

Nowell is quick, strong and can get up. He’s pretty athletic. Agree on the others mostly, Mahaney is quick and crafty enough though.

awy

Reaction Score
it'll mostly be an issue on defense, can he move laterally enough to not get destroyed by a star american baller switching onto him. it's a problem that he'll eventually have to address if he wants to play at the next level though.

Reaction Score
Has anybody heard that Furphy is making his commitment this week or are IU fans making stuff up as a smoke screen for UConn getting Mullins ?
They're not making stuff up, the rumors are out there (from people who don't have very good UConn sources however)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom