Astros/Red Sox Cheating Scandal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Astros/Red Sox Cheating Scandal

Reaction Score
Because it is the Boston Way. Culture is hard to escape or overcome.
Oh shut up already dude and get off your high horse. Prior to the Apple Watch thing, the Red Sox have no prior history of cheating, other than some steroid implications, which every team had. The Patriots have a long history of shady behavior but prior to this, the Red Sox don’t.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL... self imposed discipline.

Lost all respect for Cora when he refused to go the White House as the manager of the team. He’s not a player. Selfish act. This comes as no surprise in retrospect. Ethically comprised. Got what he deserved.

Reaction Score
When the yankees were getting caught up in the steroid scandal you were saying the Sox and others were doing it...and you were right to your credit. What's the difference?
The yankees were using video back in 2015 to steal signs, you really think they've found God? They hired Beltran and all these no names go off.
I'm just saying it's rampant and it's reasonable to think that especially with Beltran in the fold they were doing stuff.

Only because they were and I was right. Please try to tell me that Papi wasn't? LOL....He only became better when he hooked up with Manny get over yourself on this one he was on the Mitchell report and everyone knows it but you guys again!

Reaction Score
I think the punishments are pretty over the top. Sign stealing has been going on for years and it was a matter of time before someone used cameras. I'm fine with baseball banning it, but the screeching over the integrity of the game, getting people fired and basically blackballed for life is bonkers to me. It's like giving someone life for their second pot offense.

Fine with imposing some sort of tax (that would really hurt a team - both financially and on the field) and even taking away picks. A few low level suspensions is fine. But this stuff seems like punishment fetish to me. I think the overall reaction to it has been completely insane and ultimately - it's going to do more to harm the game than help it.

My point being - i'm fine with them outlawing it, but jeez - let's relax a little. It's sign stealing, not something like say... beating your wife until she choked on her own teeth. Or hacking into another team's database and getting caught by the FBI.

As for what actually happens - while I don't think he should get iced for it - I think Cora's gonna get fired.

But please technology vs guys standing on 2nd or the catcher being too open for the the 1st or 3rd base coach to sneak a peek in the old days? Whole different world not close. If they get the Yanks and find out its Boone or someone I will be appalled it's not part of the game whatsoever. Bad enough the steroids but now a hitter knows what's coming at home game. It really ruins the game, makes everyone a fraud to their numbers.

Reaction Score
Absolutely hilarious. I challenge someone to beat this take.
Screenshot_20200114-201303_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
But please technology vs guys standing on 2nd or the catcher being too open for the the 1st or 3rd base coach to sneak a peek in the old days? Whole different world not close. If they get the Yanks and find out its Boone or someone I will be appalled it's not part of the game whatsoever. Bad enough the steroids but now a hitter knows what's coming at home game. It really ruins the game, makes everyone a fraud to their numbers.
With technology today it’s hard to imagine most teams aren’t doing something. I remember how unbeatable the Yankees were at home late in the 18 season and then the Sox went there and won 2 games in a row to go to the ALCS. It’s possible the Yankees were doing something at home and when MLB was in control of the replay rooms they had to stop as well. It’s all sad for sure and definitely cheapens the game but it’s really hard to believe only 2 teams were doing it. As I said, let’s at least wait until after MLB finishes investigating to draw final conclusions.

Reaction Score
Oh shut up already dude and get off your high horse. Prior to the Apple Watch thing, the Red Sox have no prior history of cheating, other than some steroid implications, which every team had. The Patriots have a long history of shady behavior but prior to this, the Red Sox don’t.
[/QUOTE
I love internet tough guys.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Astro's should have lost more than a few picks, sorry they got off light IMHO

Not sure about the Red Sox's but I could see them losing picks as well but not sure what else if anything.

Reaction Score
Red Sox are like Democrats get caught cheating. first deny. second point at someone else, then smear the messenger

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I am a Red Sox fan, but I was also rooting for the Astros the year they won - for the CT kid, Springer. This nonsense has to stop in baseball. I am glad Cora is out and wouldn't even be upset if someone went to jail for this.

Reaction Score
Absolutely hilarious. I challenge someone to beat this take.

Cora should get life in prison. Funny thing is if the Yankees did this Trump would be the ones defending them against the liberals.

Reaction Score
Any member of mangement who knew of the stealing of signals and all who knowingly participated in the stealing of signals, such as using the information when at bat, should be permanently banned from baseball and the teams should forfeit all games, including playoff and World Series games. This is the only way to handle cheating and keep basebal 'clean'.
Unless you can do it in real time - during a game or at minimum during a season the forfeit thing is useless. Sports are entertainment and competition, unless you can recreate the competition a forfeit of a game already played AFTER the season is completely pointless.
Performance enhancing drugs and now tech sign stealing is a bigger deal in baseball versus most other sports because of an ancient culture of stats and fear. Embrace change, figure out a real time penalty system or forget about it.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m not sure Beltran will survive this. Although, the Mets are odd team. I’m sure most fans outside of Houston would like to see the 2017 title vacated. I’m guessing John Farrell & Joe Girardi would also like to be vindicated. Most are not happy players and the union aren’t being touched. You can’t hide this from anyone in a dugout. Would Yankees fans also be ok with a lengthy suspension for Cole? He will eventually have to answer to the NY media.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom