Astros/Red Sox Cheating Scandal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Astros/Red Sox Cheating Scandal

Reaction Score
Losing your top 4 draft picks is huge.

66.7 % of players drafted in 1st round make the majors. 46.8% play 3+ years.

49.4% of players drafted in 2nd round make the majors. 31.5% play 3+ years

39.7% players drafted in 3rd round make the majors. 21.6% play 3+ years

If you look at average WAR for #1 overall pick it's about 27 WAR

#15 pick about 9 WAR

#30 pick about 2.5 WAR

#45 pick about 2.5 WAR

#60 pick about 2 WAR

Teams, farm systems, and future success is built by your picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Everything gets progressively worse for chances to make majors and be in impact player once you get past the 1st round and 2nd round

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The Athletic article clearly stated that MLB had control over the video rooms during the playoffs starting in 2018. So no, no video cheating in the 18 playoffs. In 17 though, the Astros were able to do what they had done all year.

official League employees not controlling these assets all season long is just laughably ignorant. They should’ve had the same playoff setup for the regular season and then teams couldn’t have done this.

the Q

Reaction Score
Losing your top 4 draft picks is huge.

66.7 % of players drafted in 1st round make the majors. 46.8% play 3+ years.

49.4% of players drafted in 2nd round make the majors. 31.5% play 3+ years

39.7% players drafted in 3rd round make the majors. 21.6% play 3+ years

If you look at average WAR for #1 overall pick it's about 27 WAR

#15 pick about 9 WAR

#30 pick about 2.5 WAR

#45 pick about 2.5 WAR

#60 pick about 2 WAR

Teams, farm systems, and future success is built by your picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Everything gets progressively worse for chances to make majors and be in impact player once you get past the 1st round and 2nd round

my up. This is a huge penalty. And for the Red Sox it’s a double whammy this decade after the penalties for cheringtons international cheating scandal.

the Q

Reaction Score
Logan clearly doesn't know what the problem is. If you think that tweet means anything I don't know what to tell you.

It's also Logan friggin' Morrison. The guy has been tweeting hate tweets about the Yankees and everyone else in baseball for a while now. He never stepped foot in the Red Sox, Astros, Yankees and Dodgers dugouts and has zero firsthand accounts on anything. He thinks Joey Cora was the bench coach of the Astros and the Red Sox manager.

Read about everything that's going on and you'll know this moron has no clue what's going on. The "FAKE news" thing should have tipped you off.

your last paragraph shows you’re just intentionally bei obtuse. just check the tweet:

Reaction Score
They would have caught it earlier, but everyone watching the games was sleeping.

Reaction Score
your last paragraph shows you’re just intentionally bei obtuse. just check the tweet:

I'm being obtuse?

Logan Morrison has firsthand accounts of the Red Sox, Astros, Dodgers, and Yankees using film to pick up signs? The Manfred report is straight FAKE news? This started in Houston well before Joey Cora got there?

Reaction Score
The Athletic article clearly stated that MLB had control over the video rooms during the playoffs starting in 2018. So no, no video cheating in the 18 playoffs. In 17 though, the Astros were able to do what they had done all year.
Sounds like the Astros set up their own feed, but the Commish will let the Red Sox and Cora know soon enough. Nervous?

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm being obtuse?

Logan Morrison has firsthand accounts of the Red Sox, Astros, Dodgers, and Yankees using film to pick up signs? The Manfred report is straight FAKE news? This started in Houston well before Joey Cora got there?

you mean besides the tweet with the event from 2014?

the Q

Reaction Score
Sounds like the Astros set up their own feed, but the Commish will let the Red Sox and Cora know soon enough. Nervous?

sox are gonna get hammered.

Reaction Score
No. Worst case scenario Cora gets fired and Sox get hit with minor penalties. I don’t expect Sox to be up near top again for another 2-3 years so it’s not that big of a deal.

the Q

Reaction Score
No. Worst case scenario Cora gets fired and Sox get hit with minor penalties. I don’t expect Sox to be up near top again for another 2-3 years so it’s not that big of a deal.

the Sox gave one Of the worst farm systems already.

losing picks like Houston would be a very big deal

Reaction Score
Really? Minor penalties? I'm a Sox fan and based on the fact that the Sox were warned in 2017 after the Apple watch cheating scandal that if they ever got caught doing something like this again the penalties would be severe, I think they're going to get hammered by MLB. Add to that Cora's involvement in Houston and Boston and I think their penalties might be more severe than Houston's.

Cora is definitely going to get fired after MLB suspends him. His suspension could be for more than 1 year since MLB says he orchestrated the cheating in Houston and then cheated in Boston also. Double whammy.

Reaction Score

I expect similar penalties maybe slightly less for the red Sox but more severe for Cora

the Q

Reaction Score
Really? Minor penalties? I'm a Sox fan and based on the fact that the Sox were warned in 2017 after the Apple watch cheating scandal that if they ever got caught doing something like this again the penalties would be severe, I think they're going to get hammered by MLB. Add to that Cora's involvement in Houston and Boston and I think their penalties might be more severe than Houston's.

Cora is definitely going to get fired after MLB suspends him. His suspension could be for more than 1 year since MLB says he orchestrated the cheating in Houston and then cheated in Boston also. Double whammy.

yeah Cora is double dipping the bad way. He may get the career death penalty.

sox will lose picks and cash.

Reaction Score
Do better with signs... You play baseball 4 hours a day...take a few of those other hours to work on an effective sign scheme

Reaction Score
* That’s what will be placed after the Red Sox 2018 title when this is all over.

Reaction Score
Do better with signs... You play baseball 4 hours a day...take a few of those other hours to work on an effective sign scheme

The average mlb game is 3:05 hours
Average NFL game 3:12 hours

There no harm stealing signs and signaling the batter when you are a baserunner on 2nd but when you systematically put something in place to signal the batter on every pitch and no baserunner on that's Busch league and goes against the unwritten rules. That's when you risk putting a player in harm's way by having the opposing pitcher throwing at them

Reaction Score
The average mlb game is 3:05 hours
Average NFL game 3:12 hours

There no harm stealing signs and signaling the batter when you are a baserunner on 2nd but when you systematically put something in place to signal the batter on every pitch and no baserunner on that's Busch league and goes against the unwritten rules. That's when you risk putting a player in harm's way by having the opposing pitcher throwing at them

I would think the batter would be more at risk if you ;d up the sign and you got guys leaning into heaters they thought would be breaking pitches... and if the signs were undecipherable, like they should be...that's exactly what would happen.

Reaction Score
I would think the batter would be more at risk if you ;d up the sign and you got guys leaning into heaters they thought would be breaking pitches... and if the signs were undecipherable, like they should be...that's exactly what would happen.

Blame MLB you are only allowed 3 mound visits and 2 during an inning then you have to take pitcher out. Signs change with runners on base. A pitcher has anywhere from 3-4/5 pitches.

You can't change up signs without a mound visit and the catcher walking in front of the plate and communicating with the pitcher is considered a mound visit

Reaction Score
To those who think what’s the big deal, these players are so good at what they do that knowing whether it’s a breaking ball ball vs a heater probably turns them into .400 hitters.

Reaction Score
To those who think what’s the big deal, these players are so good at what they do that knowing whether it’s a breaking ball ball vs a heater probably turns them into .400 hitters.

I agree but it's probably more like a .260 hitter becomes a .280 hitter

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Cora’s going down and I don’t feel good about what the Sox did but by all accounts they were not cheating during the 2018 playoffs.

Nobody was sharing signs with Mookie, I can tell you that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom