OT: - Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll watch speed skating. Ice skating and Ice Dancing? Nope.

Cliff diving from Acapulco? Sounds like fun to watch. Spring board in to a pool? Pass.

Curling? big time watch. Mesmerizing.

MMA? Liked it better when there were fewer rules and styles were more varied. Now it's become normalized and it's much less compelling to me. fighters are in better shape and have a greater skillset but part of the "charm" was to see how different fighting techniques held up against others.

I've become much more of a fan of high school sports and minor leagues than major league and college games.

Reaction Score
Golf. If I want to watch watch overweight old men walk around I'll go down to the Castro, at least they dress better.
Sounds like you just don’t like the sport and that’s fine but unless you are talking about the Champions tour, the overweight old men/PGA thing is like 30 years old. Guys like Koepka, DJ, Rory, Finau, heck even Tiger are in outstanding shape. The John Daly, Craig Stadler types as a whole are long gone

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I grew up a major league baseball fan. Now I never watch. After the Mets traded Tom Seaver I became a NBA fan. Now I never watch.
Now, I have a lot more time, but I only watch men's and women's college basketball and my favorite sport, the Tour de France.

Reaction Score
My thought: if I’m on a plane and there’s live sports on TV what is the one sport I would never watch: NASCAR.

In that scenario, any other sport would be worth my attention.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Probably in the minority here, but golf. I put it on when I need background noise for a nap.

Reaction Score
Won't watch the NBA, just think it's a terrible product.

Only watch the teams I follow otherwise. NYY, NYG, UConn Mbb and FB. Though these days without cable it's mostly listen on the radio.

Remember when poker was all over ESPN back in the mid 00's...that was terrible.

But summer is my jam, give me the Tour de France, a diamond league meet or the Olympics - love watching track and field events. I could watch those all day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
LOL - and the soccerheads are the ones going off on us "not knowing the rules"

Hockey offsides and Soccer offsides, aside from sharing a word, aren't even remotely close.

If anything, the former "2-line pass" is closer to soccer offsides, but it was eliminated for stupidity and eliminating exciting play - go figure.
At minimum, I think this shows you don't understand the rules. Soccer without offsides is indoor soccer. One game has thrived for over a century. The other had a shorter run than beach volleyball.

Reaction Score
baseball, mma, nascar/F1, any women's sports other than the olympics

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
At minimum, I think this shows you don't understand the rules. Soccer without offsides is indoor soccer. One game has thrived for over a century. The other had a shorter run than beach volleyball.
Explain to me the similarities of soccer and hockey offsides, then. There aren’t any.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Love hockey live but it sucks on TV

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Literally same. I've played and loved soccer my whole life so I've been accustomed to that international flavor for a while. Everyone has got to give that show a chance. It's great.
The skill level of the US has always been inferior. No fun watching players who only launch crosses into the box or hope to catch the other team out of position. Maybe with Pulisic and some other promising players, that may turn

Reaction Score
I have given up on watching MLB and rarely watch the NBA. Never miss a UConn Men's game and watch most Women's games against good opponents in basketball. Always watch UConn football and some big national games late in the day. Still look forward to the NFL . The coaches and the QB's are the big story line and it is quite a story seeing who will prevail.

Reaction Score
says someone who probably doesn't understand the game at all
Honestly you could say that about almost anyone who says they hate whatever sport

Reaction Score
Golf, what a waste of space and a yawn fest.

Those who say soccer, I imagine, haven't watched anything beyond some world cup matches. Go watch some European soccer. A Red Star/Partizan "derby", for example is anything but boring....Ya, MLS has been made to be kind of boring, spectator-wise. But a Red Star vs Partizan match, for example, can be downright insane.

Hard to watch the NBA after this too:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
and Tennis (the grunting).
I am not complaining....
g_sharapova_i.jpg

....At all
ar4KcwLUX7Gd2XP93UpS.jpg

Growing up I had a huge crush on both. I guess it helped me to develop my love of the sport.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Golf. If I want to watch watch overweight old men walk around I'll go down to the Castro, at least they dress better.

I’m betting you’re about twice as old and three times as fat as the golfers you’re not watching.

But I don’t watch them either.

Reaction Score
Golf for me too, fun to play but I never understood the attraction of watching it on TV. If the TV announcers have to whisper somethings wrong. Pool is more fun to watch,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger