OT: - Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
There are two types of rugby. League and Union. The major entertainment difference for me is that in League after six tackles the team with possession must punt which means a lot of punting and Union allows unlimited tackling while keeping possession. I watched a lot of rugby on a trip to NZ and Australia and found Union rugby a much better watch. I like and would watch almost all sports. I would say that figure skating would be at the bottom of my list. The sport I think improves the most from TV to in person is hockey.

Reaction Score
At least you are consistent! :)
I think Racquetball or Squash might be good, four walls severely restricts the evil that out-of-bounds can impart.

Ironically another racket sport Tennis probably has the most out of bounds of any sport, but happily anyone who dares to cause out-of-bounds loses a point. However it may inflame as roughly half the time they get the ball right back, getting TWO freakin' chances to get it back in bounds!?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Lacrosse, Baseball, and Golf are just boring. Might be fun to play, but I can't sit through a game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think Racquetball or Squash might be good, four walls severely restricts the evil that out-of-bounds can impart.

Ironically another racket sport Tennis probably has the most out of bounds of any sport, but happily anyone who dares to cause out-of-bounds loses a point. However it may inflame as roughly half the time they get the ball right back, getting TWO freakin' chances to get it back in bounds!?

i loved playing racquetball before knee surgery #3

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Honestly after watching Rua beat the absolute crap out of machida and somehow (laughably) lose on decision, this lost a lot of weight.

Not a fan of subjective judging sports. So boxing and figure skating also get dinged here.

Reaction Score
to be honest, every sport except basketball, football, and baseball.

Reaction Score
Auto Racing, Marathons, Soccer, Fishing, Long Distance Cycling, Equestrian, Monster Trucks, Cornhole/Darts, Bowling.

As far as baseball goes. Most people, especially younger people, don't love the sport anymore. They just like the team they root for. Thankfully their team plays almost every day and sports are slim pickins during the spring/summer. I watch my team sometimes but would never tune in for a random Rockies vs Diamondbacks game. Contrasts the NFL where a Jags vs Bengals game would still fetch a pretty decent rating on a Thursday night. People are still vested with betting and fantasy football in addition to the sport being miles better to watch. Football and basketball are more fun to gamble on as well. Baseball's stuborness to change over the years hasn't helped. They should just thank their lucky stars that they have the summer mostly all to their self as far as the major team sports go.

Reaction Score
Golf, which I maintain is not a sport. Aside from that I enjoy competition so I'll watch pretty much everything from the 'Big 4' North American sport to Swimming, Gymnastics, Track and Field etc.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The defender in a 4 on 1 running away from his own goal would not be a particularly effective strategy.

Good point. You don't have to run. The defender can take about 2 steps away from his goal and get the offense offside.

Reaction Score
Lacrosse. Full stop.

But to be honest, outside of UConn I have more and more trouble watching college hoops. The game has become painful to watch. The quality of play sucks and most college coaches are net negatives for their teams.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Nascar, no question.

Soccer is the closest of the "real" sports, but I can watch it if it's a big match, I just find it boring.

I LOVE baseball so I can watch that any time, and I like watching volleyball (helps when it's women).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lacrosse. Full stop.

But to be honest, outside of UConn I have more and more trouble watching college hoops. The game has become painful to watch. The quality of play sucks and most college coaches are net negatives for their teams.

Since this thread is turning into a scalitoshow anyway, I will say that this post is just stupid. Generic, whiny, complaints epitomize everything wrong with casual fans.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
For me, volleyball is unwatchable. Even if UConn or the USA is playing. It's boring, like watching grass grow. I find it awful.

I can sit through a couple of batters of fast pitch softball but never more than a minute or two. And most of the "new" sports like pickleball are not worth my time.

What do you find unwatchable?
Curling has never grabbed my attention.

Reaction Score
NBA is getting to that level for me. The fouls, flopping and complaining are bad. When played at a high level it's very entertaining.
I don't watch much hockey but this year's playoffs have been fantastic.

I'm a soccer guy and although MLS isn't high level it's ours so I'll watch it. Always funny watching champions league or EPL in the morning then an MLS match at night. The difference in quality is jarring
Its good that you are on the pro-soccer side as 'soccer sucks' and 'the NBA sucks' were top two probabilities for predictable death quibbling spiral in this thread.

Watch Utah or PHX in this year's NBA playoffs the ball moves and when it can't find an opening those teams have players that will drive and score. Definitely too many threes, but the ball will wizz around the horn a few times to get an open one.

For those arguing about soccer offsides, would you also do away with the blue line in hockey or given up the ghost there?

Reaction Score
Its good that you are on the pro-soccer side as 'soccer sucks' and 'the NBA sucks' were top two probabilities for predictable death quibbling spiral in this thread.

Watch Utah or PHX in this year's NBA playoffs the ball moves and when it can't find an opening those teams have players that will drive and score. Definitely too many threes, but the ball will wizz around the horn a few times to get an open one.

For those arguing about soccer offsides, would you also do away with the blue line in hockey or given up the ghost there?
I love watching the Jazz but every time I watch them I'm picturing Donovan in a UConn jersey and what should have been.

Reaction Score
Since this thread is turning into a scalitoshow anyway, I will say that this post is just stupid. Generic, whiny, complaints epitomize everything wrong with casual fans.
Whining about the whining is a better post?! Plus trolling deduction for unsolicited use of the inciting riot hair-trigger term: casual fan.

Reaction Score
I love watching the Jazz but every time I watch them I'm picturing Donovan in a UConn jersey and what should have been.
Well maybe we compensate with another Donovan in a UConn jersey soon!

Reaction Score
No one has ever agreed with me on this take, but..

College basketball >>>>> NBA
College football <<<<<<< NFL

The NBA is probably the worst of the big 4 sports leagues. Yeah baseball is boring outside of watching my home team, but good lord the NBA is painful to watch. And the NFL is just a much better product than college, particularly because most college QB's suck

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No one has ever agreed with me on this take, but..

College basketball >>>>> NBA
College football <<<<<<< NFL

The NBA is probably the worst of the big 4 sports leagues. Yeah baseball is boring outside of watching my home team, but good lord the NBA is painful to watch. And the NFL is just a much better product than college, particularly because most college QB's suck

I actually do agree here, though I don't dislike NBA or college football, I like both of them a ton. I just prefer college hoops to NBA and NFL football to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom