Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Celeste Taylor to Duke!

oh yeah.gif

Reaction Score
Talk about your volume shooters.....good luck with that....
Big 12 Tournament (2 games) 10/27 37%
NCAA Tournament (4 games) 22/67 33%
Regular season (25 games) 104/291 36%
On the bright side she did average about 10 pts/game over the regular season and 15 pts/game in the post-season

Reaction Score
Talk about your volume shooters.....good luck with that....
Big 12 Tournament (2 games) 10/27 37%
NCAA Tournament (4 games) 22/67 33%
Regular season (25 games) 104/291 36%
On the bright side she did average about 10 pts/game over the regular season and 15 pts/game in the post-season
So there was a reply to to this post, which has since been removed. Note: I am happy for this to be moved to a separate thread about Volume Scorers.

Here is a table showing 52 players (P5 & BE only) who had 9 or more games with at least 15 shots in a single game (excludes NCAA games) this season.

I have defined a Negative game as less points scored than shots taken and a Positive game as equal or more points scored than shots taken. Sorted by the % of Negative games with team W/L records for Negative and Positive games and season eFG% and TS%.

Overall teams win 37% of Negative games and 59% of Positive games.

Note: There are games where both teams have Negative players so someone has to win, also ones where both Teams have Positive players so someone has to lose.

1618116541892.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Overall teams win 37% of Negative games and 59% of Positive games.

Note: There are games where both teams have Negative players so someone has to win, also ones where both Teams have Positive players so someone has to lose.
Really interesting/revealing chart. Great job. I think with some teams that have multiple volume shooters one tends to balance out the other in most games. If both on the same team have positive games then good luck beating them!

Reaction Score
Also, your chart helps make my argument about Celeste Taylor who has one of the lowest eFG% and TS% on the chart and that's not even considering the fact that Texas other volume shooter (Collier) would attract a lot of attention inside and thus give her much better looks from outside.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A pretty big loss for Marquette:

Unless there's a personal issue between Ms. Taylor and Marquette, this one confounds me. She was not highly rated when recruited out of Illinois (by Carolyn Kieger) and she (was very) nicely developed by the Marquette staff. Tough conditions for one and all this year, but the Warriors got to 2nd place in the Big East and made the NCAA; playing a realistic, competitive game against Va. Tech, before bowing out.

Her front court partner Lauren Van Keunen is coming back and some transfers are arriving in who were to meant to complement Taylor, not take her place. Would like to find out where she ends up because this one has my you-know-what detector up and whirling. :mad::oops:

p.s. Yes, a little bit of the Irish is up for my fellow Domer alum, Megan Duffy. ;)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Unless there's a personal issue between Ms. Taylor and Marquette, this one confounds me. She was not highly rated when recruited out of Illinois (by Carolyn Kieger) and she (was) very nicely developed by the Marquette staff. Tough condtions for one and all this year, but the Warriors get 2nd in the Big East and make the NCAA, playing a realistic, competitive game against Va. Tach. Her front court partner Van Keunen is coming back and some transfers are coming in who were to meant to complement Taylor, not take her place. Would like to find out where she ends up because this one has my you-know-what detector up and whirling. :mad::oops:

p.s. Yes, a little bit of the Irish is up for my fellow Domer alum, Megan Duffy. ;)
It's a new NCAA mandate, every team has to have at least one player enter the transfer portal.

Okay, not really, but some teams are turning over half of their roster or more. One player leaving is not really something to set off any kind of detector.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Penn State added a commitment from 6'4" center from George Washington Ali Brigham. Very nice signing for them.

Agree. Krieger seems to be gaining traction in the Mid-Atlantic region. If you're a player that likes to play in an offense that pushes it, she'd be a blast to play for. Remember all five of her Marquette starters scored 1,000 points.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Perhaps because of, and certainly notwithstanding, her home town, this was not a surprise. I hope she flourishes in Tuscon, because she never really seemed to break out in Eugene.
I think this is a good move for Taylor. At the beginning of the past season many Oregon fans hoped she would be one of the team's leaders and best and most consistent players, especially given the number of newcomers and her previous success as a sophomore. But that never happened. One reason, and also a key reason (I believe) behind transferring to Arizona, is that she spent a considerable amount of time back home during the season due to family issues (and she also tested positive for Covid). Another seems to have been that her success as a sophomore owed a great deal to the attention that other teams had to pay to Ionescu, Sabally, Hebard et al. This past season she didn't have that advantage.

Reaction Score

Raoul

@Raoul_000

Syracuse WBB grad transfer Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi (6-2 RS JR forward, Paris, France) opts to stay within the ACC, signing with Miami (FL) https://miamihurricanes.com/news/2021/04/1

Mise en place..................Miami now has 3 players from France on their roster

With incoming Freshman and Utah transfer Lola Pendande, Miami will also have 3 players from Spain.....and 1 from Sweden.....and 1 incoming from Canada(via Tennessee)...and 1 from Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom