April Transfer thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Coler: Sorry for your/Rutger's loss of both Johnson and Broughton. I'm perplexed. Very strong season this year for the Scarlet Knights. Why do you think they left? Were they worried that without Guirantes, it would be too uphill a battle?

I'd hate to think that because Johnson was poised and focused whenever I saw her. While she wasn't the main option in crunch time, she didn't look scared to have the rock when necessary.

Triad: she can play, but being a Jersey guy (albeit one who watches a team 700 miles away), I was disappointed to see the cut and run by a Philly kid.
Don't have any answers. Unless they know about a coaching change coming, Zippy Broughton's decision to transfer was a total shock. In Diamond's case some fans speculate that there might have been some disharmony between her and one of seniors, which could be very well coming back next year.

But at this point it's anyone's guess as to why they decided to transfer. I just hope they're the last of our outgoing transfers and can bring in some good ones ourselves.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Juhasz has indicated she will use her two years of eligiblity and will be a grad transfer. Patty hasn't made a public declaration about her transfer, but I'm not sure she's a WNBA player, so she may take the two years to get started on her masters (or complete it if she's finished her undergrad degree at tOSU).

I'd imagine Musa Jallow and Juhasz would go to the same school. He is from Indiana. But I could also see her going out West. UCLA maybe, they have a need.

Well, gosh knows there's a reset button going on in Bloomington with Indiana mens hoops, Maybe Jallow's defensive prowess will impress new coach Mike Woodson. Heck, while transferring within conference is probably viewed as a horror:eek:, Juhasz's offensive prowess would be a step up on IU's women team with Aleksa Gulbe, and who wouldn't want to run with Ali Patberg and Grace Berger?

Well, guard Jaelynn Penn didn't and she just went to UCLA, who are still short on bodies. Mabye Dorkha will join her former rival? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Haha

btw I see J. Oliver from Baylor seems to be very interested in Duke. Would be a good add for y’all

Well half of our team is from Texas.... she would be among neighbors

Dillon77

Reaction Score
9 and counting :cool:

From all places -- McGraw's Bench -- there's a post that two more transfers are coming into Duke world and at least one will be an intra-ACC hit. Will be interesting to see if the Shamrock connection is accurate.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Don't have any answers. Unless they know about a coaching change coming, Zippy Broughton's decision to transfer was a total shock. In Diamond's case some fans speculate that there might have been some disharmony between her and one of seniors, which could be very well coming back next year.

But at this point it's anyone's guess as to why they decided to transfer. I just hope they're the last of our outgoing transfers and can bring in some good ones ourselves.
I have no inside knowledge of the situation so it feels irresponsible to speculate, but I also felt like I saw some disharmony within the Rutgers squad, especially at the end of the season. The bickering between players on the court was overt at times.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
From all places -- McGraw's Bench -- there's a post that two more transfers are coming into Duke world and at least one will be an intra-ACC hit. Will be interesting to see if the Shamrock connection is accurate.

giphy.gif

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score

It's a huge unknown since Zippy and Diamond were likely to form RU's starting backcourt next year and be one of the quickest backcourts in the country (if a bit undersized). So playing time was definitely not a concern.

Given that NC State is returning its top 8 scorers next year and is already stacked, I'm not sure how much "better" Diamond makes the team. Though she's probably an upgrade in scoring potential over Perez and Crutchfield, who will both be "super" seniors next year.

Reaction Score
I have hard time believing NC State will be looking up to Duke anytime soon in WCBB :)

Reaction Score
Pretty talented player. Could see her doing well at an SEC school.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss or Alabama ?
I think Alabama makes more sense. They lose Walker and Copeland - that’s a lot of minutes.

Minutes could be tough at Ole Miss with Scott and Austin.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Kayana Traylor (5'9'' Jr PG, 2nd Team All Big Ten) from Purdue to Virginia Tech. She may be unfamiliar to those outside the Big Ten due to Purdue's low profile as of late, but Traylor is very talented and coming off a breakout season.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have no inside knowledge of the situation so it feels irresponsible to speculate, but I also felt like I saw some disharmony within the Rutgers squad, especially at the end of the season. The bickering between players on the court was overt at times.
Yes, I don't know either. But I have heard rumors year in and year out about disharmony in the locker room contributing to Rutgers late season issues or transfers. But it has never been a consistent "player x" or "player y" thing and never any details.

I don't really figure I have a need to know. One time in the past - close to 10 years ago - I heard some locker room details, quite accidentally, and the nonsense of it all just blew my mind. Perfectly happy not knowing.

Reaction Score
I think Alabama makes more sense. They lose Walker and Copeland - that’s a lot of minutes.

Minutes could be tough at Ole Miss with Scott and Austin.
Miss St could use another post

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Both barely played. Barnes has brought in quite a few international recruits in recent years, but Pueyo is the only one to make much impact. I guess Alonso too, back to her first year at UA.
Absolutely - Alonso was a glue player, actually, I liked her a lot. Tara M. got a few scattered minutes last year and was a fairly decent 3 point shooter. I never saw the other player at all.

Like a lot of coaches, Adia goes with a limited line-up and doesn't seem to have any fear about using the best player available to her.

Reaction Score
Miss St could use another post
Yes! Nikki doesn't need to sign anyone else under 6' this year. We have Carter, Kohl, and Jackson over 6', the rest are 5'8" and shorter.

Reaction Score
Yes! Nikki doesn't need to sign anyone else under 6' this year. We have Carter, Kohl, and Jackson over 6', the rest are 5'8" and shorter.
While true, I don't think Kohl is gonna end up being some kind of rotation player.

Reaction Score
I agree with your statement and SECbbfan24's followup statement about Kohl, but there are some decent size guards in the signees coming in. Jerkaila Jordan, KN'isha Godfrey, and Jasmine Shavers are all listed at 5'9" , and Denae Carter is 6'. That helps a little, but the team definitely needs two more signees capable of contributing right away at the 4 and 5 spots.

Reaction Score
I've been crazy busy with work lately and some projects so I'm just now getting up to speed on the Hayes family coming to MSU. I posted that I am not crazy about package deals because it's tough to keep everyone happy and I stand by that. The only one of these I've ever seen is Anastasia during her time at UT and generally thought she was pretty good for a freshman and that she had the potential to be very good. She put up some big numbers at MTSU and I have no doubt the talent is there.

NMP needed to do something to stop the bleeding and while this doesn't help the utter lack of post players she did get to backfill her half empty roster quickly. I am certain we've not seen the last of the MSU defections so this was probably needed. That being said, the family has a history of drama and that tends to travel. I would be surprised if we were the last stop for her younger sisters especially if they feel slighted about playing time or effective coaching. The elder Hayes is likely looking to get some better looks at the WNBA and this could help but will MSU be better next season? Only time will tell.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Kayana Traylor (5'9'' Jr PG, 2nd Team All Big Ten) from Purdue to Virginia Tech. She may be unfamiliar to those outside the Big Ten due to Purdue's low profile as of late, but Traylor is very talented and coming off a breakout season.

I agree with you. Saw her play a few games on the B1G Network and she was consistently good.
Got to hand it to Brooks -- while he loses some of his recruits, he finds good transfers that fit his system.

Reaction Score
Hope some more of these transfers land in the big east. Adding Patterson and Cooks to the conference adds a bit more post talent, assuming they are both healthy. I think in time the Big East should aim to be a 4 or 5 bid conference. Uconn, DePaul, Marquette, Seton Hall, and Villanova look to be the closest.

I don’t think we’re ever going to have teams in the top 15 of the NET/Massey, but it would help to have teams move up to the 20-40 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom