April Transfer thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mississippi State is a football school?

LSU has lots of successful sports, they're not concerned about women's basketball apart from a couple of ardent fans. Besides.... Fargas hasn't been atrocious, just mediocre. Maybe Fargas still isn't fired because she made 2 out of 3 Sweet Sixteens her first 3 years, and posted 2 out of 3 winning seasons in the SEC. Different ground rules, girl.
That’s something compared to Chancellor and Chatman. And Coach O just became a head coach won a championship last year. So?

Reaction Score
LSU has lots of successful sports, they're not concerned about women's basketball apart from a couple of ardent fans. Besides.... Fargas hasn't been atrocious, just mediocre. Maybe Fargas still isn't fired because she made 2 out of 3 Sweet Sixteens her first 3 years, and posted 2 out of 3 winning seasons in the SEC. Different ground rules, girl.
girl that’s good compared to Chatman and Chancellor?
She hasn’t done anything with a team of her players only. Her best success was with Vans kids. I will give her credit for what she did with that group but it’s been nearly a decade since they won a NCAAT game.

I don’t even think her coaching is that great either at times. She had a team with Pointer, Mitchell, Chloe Jackson, and Moncrief and still got bounced in the first round of NCAAT

All she knows is defense and rebounding. Zero imagination offensively and she refuses to recruit shooters

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
She hasn’t done anything with a team of her players only. Her best success was with Vans kids. I will give her credit for what she did with that group but it’s been nearly a decade since they won a NCAAT game.

I don’t even think her coaching is that great either at times. She had a team with Pointer, Mitchell, Chloe Jackson, and Moncrief and still got bounced in the first round of NCAAT

All she knows is defense and rebounding. Zero imagination offensively and she refuses to recruit shooters

Well.. Mississippi State is gonna reach historic levels of horrible-ness next year on defense and rebounding, so at least Fargas teams can rebound and play defense. ?

People are just excited over the Hayes sisters because of the potential offense of Jackson and Anastasia, but our defense is gonna be horrible and rebounding nearly nonexistent.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well.. Mississippi State is gonna reach historic levels of horrible-ness next year on defense and rebounding, so at least Fargas teams can rebound and play defense. ?

People are just excited over the Hayes sisters because of the potential offense of Jackson and Anastasia, but our defense is gonna be horrible and rebounding nearly nonexistent.
Is Jackson staying?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If OSU had returned their whole team, I thought they'd be a strong force in the B1G. While they have some fine guards, I'm not really sure Gabby Hutcherson and/or Rebeka Mikulasikova are ready to man the back lines like Dorka Juhasz and Aaliyah Patty did. Don't know who is "out there" forward/post-wise in portal-land, but it would behoove McGuff to do some serious looking.

Given the "mulligan" to players this year, would Patty and Juhasz both have two more years of elibility if they wanted it? If so, Juhasz could get to work on a masters if she's got her undergrad degree.

And for an institution that might have a masters of their choosing, the hoops team could get two years of pertty solid forward work. Wonder if Patty will gravitate (back) to Chicago environs? DePaul?

As for Juhasz: well a bunch of us thought the Hungarian community in South Bend was small(ish) but very spirited. ;)
Yeah, I'm not sure there are any big named bigs in the transfer-portal. It may have to be some mid-major big wanting to try the P5 ranks. It may be difficult to convince a post player to come to tOSU until they hire their replacement for Simon Harris.

I can't see Hutcherson being a paint presence next season. She plays more like a long guard, prefers being away from the basket. Mikulasikova is a big body and can be deceptively quick but sometimes her brain and body move faster than the ball (spin moves before she has a full handle on the ball the big culprit). She almost shot better from three (46%) than she did from inside the arc (50%). All of her stats dropped from her freshman season. Maybe one of the guards can have a significant growth spurt in the off season!

Juhasz has indicated she will use her two years of eligiblity and will be a grad transfer. Patty hasn't made a public declaration about her transfer, but I'm not sure she's a WNBA player, so she may take the two years to get started on her masters (or complete it if she's finished her undergrad degree at tOSU).

I'd imagine Musa Jallow and Juhasz would go to the same school. He is from Indiana. But I could also see her going out West. UCLA maybe, they have a need.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if the details ever came out but I think Chavez had some personal stuff she had to attend to in Arizona during the year. I believe her grandmother was sick or something like that.

Would be shocked if she doesn't end up at UA. Looks like she just followed Koi Love on IG.

Reaction Score

Why are you so negative? It is not like you'll lost a bunch of great rebounders to transfer. Anastasia Hayes alone is better than the transfer guards that left M. State.

Reaction Score
Jordan Lewis family just started following a bunch of the Baylor coaches and Baylor’s social media. Maybe that rumor has legs. That would be a very nice pickup but it sorta makes me think Moon may be moving on

Reaction Score
Why are you so negative? It is not like you'll lost a bunch of great rebounders to transfer. Anastasia Hayes alone is better than the transfer guards that left M. State.
Right! Like are you even a fan? If you that pressed about Vic leaving just be a Texas fan and say forget Miss St. And then it’s everyday on every thread

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Right! Like are you even a fan? If you that pressed about Vic leaving just be a Texas fan and say forget Miss St. And then it’s everyday on every thread

Ok.... point made. LOL.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, Diamond Johnson to NC State is official. Sigh. Best of luck to her.

Don't know much about her.... guess she's ok with looking up at Duke for the next few years

Coler: Sorry for your/Rutger's loss of both Johnson and Broughton. I'm perplexed. Very strong season this year for the Scarlet Knights. Why do you think they left? Were they worried that without Guirantes, it would be too uphill a battle?

I'd hate to think that because Johnson was poised and focused whenever I saw her. While she wasn't the main option in crunch time, she didn't look scared to have the rock when necessary.

Triad: she can play, but being a Jersey guy (albeit one who watches a team 700 miles away), I was disappointed to see the cut and run by a Philly kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom