April Transfer thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now official:

If she is going to leave us then at least she is going to play for a good coach who will hopefully improve her game. I think she has a lot of potential.

Reaction Score
The Hayes girls to Miss St

Attachments

• 52E451AB-7373-48EF-95A4-58567F8EB724.png
    52E451AB-7373-48EF-95A4-58567F8EB724.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 178

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My point still remains is that previous class are the ones who opened the floodgates and you can cherry pick the reasons why each player left. Shepard in her own words as to why she left Nebraska:
"I wanted to go to a place where I can develop into the player I want to be and compete for championships".

If she received a waiver for those reasons, then why shouldn't other players do the same for arbitrary reasons. The majority of waivers before the Shepard waiver were hardship ones. After that, the NCAA began granting and refusing waivers for arbitrary reasons.
The NCAA was arbitrarily granting waivers before Shepard. Many here took notice because it involved ND and because ND was able to take advantage and parlay her immediate eligibility into a Championship. Before Shepard there was the very arbitrary case of Chatrice White who transferred from Illinois to FSU and was granted immediate eligibility. White had a teammate while at Illinois named Brooke Kissinger. Brooke transferred from Illinois to Creighton the same time that White transferred to FSU. Brooke had to sit a year at Creighton but Chatrice was immediately eligible.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
The Hayes girls to Miss St

Anastasia Hayes is a refuge. She lands at a desolate spot where she knows she'll get an ample amount of playing time because Tennessee kicked her out and Mississippi State desperately needs players.

But.......I've been a fan of Hayes ever since the Warlick days. That's a big haul.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know one is a big time talent. Are the other two potential starters or major contributors?
Anastasia is a bit more proven than the other ones but all are talented. Aislynn is solid.

Reaction Score
I know one is a big time talent. Are the other two potential starters or major contributors?
Anastasia is/should be a pretty big upgrade over Matharu or Mingo-Young. The jury is still out on the other two though Aislynn had solid stats at Middle Tennessee State.

Will be interesting to see how Jordan and Jones transition from the AAC to the SEC.

Reaction Score
Anastasia is/should be a pretty big upgrade over Matharu or Mingo-Young. The jury is still out on the other two though Aislynn had solid stats at Middle Tennessee State.

Will be interesting to see how Jordan and Jones transition from the AAC to the SEC.
Only blemish/concern is probably their 3 point shooting efficiency. I know McCray wants more 3 point shooting but their guards so that will be something to work on. Anastasia though will start immediately and should be a solid fit.

Reaction Score
Good move Nikki. Prove your doubters wrong
I like the players she has added. Gotta win games though to prove the 'doubters' wrong. Talent wasn't the issue last year, lack of effort and chemistry appeared to be the culprit.

Reaction Score
I like the players she has added. Gotta win games though to prove the 'doubters' wrong. Talent wasn't the issue last year, lack of effort and chemistry appeared to be the culprit.
You can’t prove anything in one year. And the players have to want to play for you and buy into your system. She didn’t recruit most of those players from the past season. And she didn’t do that bad. I could see if she won one or two games and lost every other game. And also, Miss St doesn’t have some storied history like Tenn or UConn. Every new coach at those kind of programs will have to win. Miss St is a recency school that has only won a few things recently. Whether they win or lose in a few years it might not matter because it’s a football school. So imo it really doesn’t matter. Give her a chance. Gohlee. And worry getting rid of the other Tenn Alum in Baton Rouge first.

Reaction Score
You can’t prove anything in one year. And the players have to want to play for you and buy into your system. She didn’t recruit most of those players from the past season. And she didn’t do that bad. I could see if she won one or two games and lost every other game. And also, Miss St doesn’t have some storied history like Tenn or UConn. Every new coach at those kind of programs will have to win. Miss St is a recency school that has only won a few things recently. Whether they win or lose in a few years it might not matter because it’s a football school. So imo it really doesn’t matter. Give her a chance. Gohlee. And worry getting rid of the other Tenn Alum in Baton Rouge first.
We get SEC football money, but we are a baseball school. By far and away.

Reaction Score
And worry getting rid of the other Tenn Alum in Baton Rouge first.
If it were up to me she would have been gone years ago. Her having a niece who is actually good at basketball has litterally kept us from Auburn/Vandy levels.

McCray can make everyone forget about last year with a good upcoming season. She is clearly attracting top athletes as evidenced by the transfer portal and her first recruiting class. I don't think she had a great start particularly last year but its irrelevant moving forward if she can build onto it and get her kids to buy into her system. We will know a lot more within the next two years.

Reaction Score
Chavez who might have visited Baylor on one of her official visits back when she was in high school, wouldn’t be a bad pick up for them. They already have Andrews, and Owens, but will be adding volume shooters in Carr and McDaniel none of the guards are proven shooters. Smith would probably appreciate a player who can get her the ball, and knock down a consistent 3pointer. If Chavez is thinking about going pro, she could probably get drafted playing one year Under Kim, similar to how Jackson improve her draft stock.
because of the extra year granted to everyone, she has two years left and even said that in her statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom