April Transfer thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be serious. That was a GREAT signing. With all the recruits and returning players they have, I didn't expect another signing. Playing time is going to be a real problem on that team. But it looks like UConn put a little distance between them and South Carolina for the top spot.

Reaction Score
To be serious. That was a GREAT signing. With all the recruits and returning players they have, I didn't expect another signing. Playing time is going to be a real problem on that team. But it looks like UConn put a little distance between them and South Carolina for the top spot.
Agreed.

Just speculating, but what this tells me is that they want more depth. Yes, they'll have Nelson-Ododa and Edwards, but DeBerry is an unknown with Gabriel as a project. Look at what Stanford had for depth in this position. It's needed.

I don't know enough about Maryland's roster and freshman class but with who they have returning but Elite 8 is definitely possible to me. Especially if Reese is healthy and available for a full season.

Reaction Score
Agreed.

Just speculating, but what this tells me is that they want more depth. Yes, they'll have Nelson-Ododa and Edwards, but DeBerry is an unknown with Gabriel as a project. Look at what Stanford had for depth in this position. It's needed.

I don't know enough about Maryland's roster and freshman class but with who they have returning but Elite 8 is definitely possible to me. Especially if Reese is healthy and available for a full season.
Exactly. Plus more competition. The best way to force a positional group to put in the work to improve is to bring in competition. Great move IMO.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What the heck is going on at UCLA? They had a LONG dry spell w/ no commits, now they seem to be getting another new player every day. All guards and wings though. Osborne should have a lot more help next year than she did this season.

Reaction Score
What the heck is going on at UCLA? They had a LONG dry spell w/ no commits, now they seem to be getting another new player every day. All guards and wings though. Osborne should have a lot more help next year than she did this season.
You answer your own question. They had a long dry spell with no commits that left them room to get new players.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You answer your own question. They had a long dry spell with no commits that left them room to get new players.
It's just surprising to me. I don't think anybody else has been this active in the transfer portal so far.

Anyway their need is really in the front court, not the back court. If Miller doesn't return, that leaves them w/ Bessoir +Anstey and Masikewich if they can get here. Some decent size but very little experience. I guess they can use Horvat as an undersized 4.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Raoul
@Raoul_000

Mise en place..................Miami now has 3 players from France on their roster
I am pretty sure he isn't using mise en place correctly, its non-culinary uses (apparently) mean something entirely different. I will grant that you could argue Miami is assembling ingredients, but I haven't heard the expression used this way.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think more than one poster called that. Got rid of several Euros to make room for her.
None of them played particularly this year - and I don't really expect to see them on any Power 5 rosters, although I personally liked the little I saw last year from the 2 that were here for 2 years.

Reaction Score
Former Golden Domer Amirah Abdur-Rahim has announced her transfer to SMU. Seems like a good pick up for Coach Wilson.

Reaction Score
Former Golden Domer Amirah Abdur-Rahim has announced her transfer to SMU. Seems like a good pick up for Coach Wilson.

Good for both in my opinion. Coach Wilson has done a great job with post players based on her history at Baylor and Michigan. Wish the both of them good luck this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Ironic for her to say given that it was the kids of her era like Jess Shepard, Leticia Romero, and Lili Thompson that got the ball rolling with apply for waivers immediate eligibility and grad transfers.
Without Shepard ND doesn’t beat UConn. She was a beast in that game

Reaction Score
My point still remains is that previous class are the ones who opened the floodgates and you can cherry pick the reasons why each player left. Shepard in her own words as to why she left Nebraska:
"I wanted to go to a place where I can develop into the player I want to be and compete for championships".

If she received a waiver for those reasons, then why shouldn't other players do the same for arbitrary reasons. The majority of waivers before the Shepard waiver were hardship ones. After that, the NCAA began granting and refusing waivers for arbitrary reasons.
That was ncaa love of ND. Total bs granted waiver.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure he isn't using mise en place correctly, its non-culinary uses (apparently) mean something entirely different. I will grant that you could argue Miami is assembling ingredients, but I haven't heard the expression used this way.
The system that makes kitchens go is called mise-en-place, or, literally, "put in place." It's a French phrase that means to gather and arrange the ingredients and tools needed for cooking.

But for many culinary professionals, the phrase connotes something deeper. Some cooks call it their religion. It helps them coordinate vast amounts of labor and material, and transforms the lives of its practitioners through focus and self-discipline.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
None of them played particularly this year - and I don't really expect to see them on any Power 5 rosters, although I personally liked the little I saw last year from the 2 that were here for 2 years.
I seem to recall there was a fair bit of excitement about Mote's future potential at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom