April Transfer thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I havent heard of any team loading up on transfers to get above 15.
And isnt it just as likely that teams could push 5th years into the portal, saying they dont want them back.
I'm sure I can come up with more examples but off the top of my head NC State as an example: all 3 seniors returning for the extra year plus 3 incoming freshmen already puts them at 15. Add to that incoming transfers Madison Hayes and Diamond Johnson puts that at 17 for now. If they sign more than one player for 2022 they will be over again. I'm assuming there will likely be a few transfers out but that doesn't mean there will be.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm sure I can come up with more examples but off the top of my head NC State as an example: all 3 seniors returning for the extra year plus 3 incoming freshmen already puts them at 15. Add to that incoming transfers Madison Hayes and Diamond Johnson puts that at 17 for now. If they sign more than one player for 2022 they will be over again. I'm assuming there will likely be a few transfers out but that doesn't mean there will be.

State had four transfers out

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Has she even played yet?
Played 24 games Fr. year at Baylor. Not sure at what point she left Baylor. Was it before Soph year or during? Never played for LMU. I have no idea what year she is considered eligibility wise at this point. Could she possibly be a 4th year Soph next season? Fr. year was '18-'19.

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't expect much out of her at this point. Too much moving around w/ absolutely zilch to show for it so far. Who would've guessed a McD's AA would end up at a bottom feeding Big Sky school? Nobody, that's who.
Rellah Boothe? Both are lefty forwards who were ranked 3rd in their classes.

Reaction Score
That's the problem with doing something off the top of your head w/o doing the research first Head bang

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Rellah Boothe? Both are lefty forwards who were ranked 3rd in their classes.
I guess kinda similar, but Middle Tennessee is one of the better programs in their conference. Sacramento St. has done nothing, ever. And I gotta think C-USA is considered more high profile than the Big Sky.

Reaction Score
For all the transfers, Brenda has done shockingly well so far keeping her talent besides Styles who didn't get a ton of PT.
I thought it was going to be one transfer but not Styles. Styles earlier said she was coming back but she is extremely close to her mom who is in California. But as a previous poster stated, we took a bloodbath last season.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Honestly I don't expect much out of her at this point. Too much moving around w/ absolutely zilch to show for it so far. Who would've guessed a McD's AA would end up at a bottom feeding Big Sky school? Nobody, that's who.
Just remember that WCBB players are also humans and sometimes transferring has more to do with what's going on off the court than on it. And she is from the Sacramento area.

Reaction Score

Just remember that WCBB players are also humans and sometimes transferring has more to do with what's going on off the court than on it. And she is from the Sacramento area.
To be fair, there definitely more going on here in her situation. I recall on other threads it being noted she had talked about having mental health challenges when she transferred from Baylor the first time.

She's getting a chance to finish her college career while playing basketball. Hopefully she's also working towards getting the support she needs mentally. I'll take seeing her play here over who knows what could have happened if she hadn't decided to focus on herself over high level basketball.

Definitely didn't expect this myself, however she's not the only example of a highly ranked recruit or McD's AA who hasn't panned out as expected.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
To be fair, there definitely more going on here in her situation. I recall on other threads it being noted she had talked about having mental health challenges when she transferred from Baylor the first time.

She's getting a chance to finish her college career while playing basketball. Hopefully she's also working towards getting the support she needs mentally. I'll take seeing her play here over who knows what could have happened if she hadn't decided to focus on herself over high level basketball.

Definitely didn't expect this myself, however she's not the only example of a highly ranked recruit or McD's AA who hasn't panned out as expected.
Also, Sac State just hired Mark Campbell as head coach, and he's a talented coach and recruiter. I bet he sold it as, "Come be a key component of helping us build this program from the ground up."

Reaction Score
Also, Sac State just hired Mark Campbell as head coach, and he's a talented coach and recruiter. I bet he sold it as, "Come be a key component of helping us build this program from the ground up."

Also, her hometown is Sacramento so maybe that will be good for her to be near her support system. I just looked up her Twitter she had some college coaches from bigger schools following her after she entered the portal so don't just assume she only picked that school because it was the only one interested. I think being on the west coast and specifically near her home was important to her.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Kim needs to be on the phone ASAP.
Baylor was one of her finalists before choosing Oregon. Unless she is a grad-transfer, she won't be eligible this coming season.

Reaction Score
Mikesell is a bit of a surprise. Graves seemed to think that his roster was solid for next season. Now looking at 10 total. This reduces the guards to Paopao, Scherr, and incoming frosh Taylor Bigby with seven bigs if you count Parrish at 6’2”. He might be okay with it though. Dugalic will certainly see time at the 3 so Parrish can rotate to the 2 as needed. Not sure he is searching the portal now. May go with 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom