April Transfer thread | Page 29 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Henderson shot 41% on 99 attempts and Cooke shot 39% on 122 attempts compared to Mikesell shooting 33% on 117 three point attempts, so I'm not sure I necessarily agree with your literal post, but maybe I kind of agree with you in a general kind of way?

I'll just agree to Mikesell plus Nalyssa Smith from the portal and we'll see how it turns out then.

I didn't know their percentages were that high.... seems like every time I watched.. they were having off games.. except for the Stanford game.

I'll have to go down to Columbia to picket outside of Colonial Life if that happened.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I disagree with those who said Mikesell would have been better off staying at Maryland. Benzan was the top 3 pt shooter in college last year hitting 93 three pointers at a 50% clip. That would have put Mikesell on the bench if she had stayed at Maryland. Plus, Benzan is a much better ball handler and defender, her lateral movement is way better than Mikesell’s.

IMO, Mikesell made the right move leaving Maryland. Mikesell lost 5 minutes per game from her freshman year to sophomore. She would have lost 10 more minutes per game if she stayed. I think Mikesell would go to a school where she would get 30+ minutes per game to try to develop her game to impress the WNBA.

How about UVA ??

Reaction Score
I've been pondering this quite a bit today (it's a slow day in the library...).

Anyone think there is a possibility Mikesell ends up at Sac State with Campbell and Lopez? She and DeCosta (if DeCosta plays...) could really make some noise in the Big Sky and have that program turn a quick 180.
It looks like Sac State is one of her recent follows on Instagram, but not any of the coaches as far as I can tell.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It looks like Sac State is one of her recent follows on Instagram, but not any of the coaches as far as I can tell.

She follows both Campbell and Lopez on Twitter, but she probably did that before she got to Oregon.

Reaction Score
How about UVA ??
Half the time I can’t tell if you’re joking or serious, but if you’re serious, I’m not familiar with UVA’s roster, but if they are lacking 3 pt shooters and if she could get 30 minutes per game, that might be a good location. While I thought she made the right decision to leave Maryland, i never understood why she picked Oregon With the pkayers they had and the ones coming in. Mikesell would have been better off following Austin to Ole Miss. Look how well it worked out for Austin.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Half the time I can’t tell if you’re joking or serious, but if you’re serious, I’m not familiar with UVA’s roster, but if they are lacking 3 pt shooters and if she could get 30 minutes per game, that might be a good location. While I thought she made the right decision to leave Maryland, i never understood why she picked Oregon With the pkayers they had and the ones coming in. Mikesell would have been better off following Austin to Ole Miss. Look how well it worked out for Austin.

Sorry about that. I was serious. UVA could use her help.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Let's be honest. UVA could use my grandmother's help, and she's not even alive. Bottom 10, if not bottom five, of the P5.

Darn shame... cause UVA should be a better job than 80% of the P5 schools. Trying to think of other members of that bottom tier list. Vanderbilt, Illinois, Washington, Kansas, Wisconsin, California...

Reaction Score
Darn shame... cause UVA should be a better job than 80% of the P5 schools. Trying to think of other members of that bottom tier list. Vanderbilt, Illinois, Washington, Kansas, Wisconsin, California...
Pitt....Utah.....(I would add Ole Miss and Minnesota but I may be alone in that)

Reaction Score
Auburn Pitt BC

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
:oops: Very few of those schools have made it to a Final 4. I know which one made it most recently. I also think with their off and on success over several decades, they really don't belong on this list of bottom feeders. They made a really bad hire last time and have now corrected it, nowhere to go but up from here.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yeah... but she's a shooter. I don't see one on your roster.

Haven't had any real desserts in a bit... passed up on some delights last week... and cheesecake yesterday, so maybe that has something to do with it. I did pick up a slice of Dutch Apple Pie, and a slice of German Chocolate Pie this afternoon..... so perhaps that will help with the edginess. :oops:
It sounds like you're moving east; what is the most well known Polish dessert?

Reaction Score
I saw a Miskell that improved during her year at Oregon. She became much more that a catch and shoot offensive player. I saw a kid who had a mid-range game, developed her game at the rim, and was counted on to bring the ball up court. I believe with the right team, she will be a very big upgrade at the wing.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I saw a Miskell that improved during her year at Oregon. She became much more that a catch and shoot offensive player. I saw a kid who had a mid-range game, developed her game at the rim, and was counted on to bring the ball up court. I believe with the right team, she will be a very big upgrade at the wing.
This was not my impression watching the team last season, but perhaps I'm biased since I've always believed that bringing her to Oregon was a mistake given the minutes it cost the team's freshmen. If Mikesell can shoot like she did at Maryland, then, yes, she will be a plus for the right team. But her defense is a major issue (see Dana Evans after Scherr went down in the S16 game), as is her passing (too often at the feet of post players). So point guard is really not a good option for her or, indeed, the position that is her own first choice, something she herself said when she first came to Eugene. All in all, I think this is a good decision both for the player and the team, although I do think it was unexpected. I wouldn't be surprised if she follows Campbell to Sacramento State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anna's sister ended up at Arkansas St.

I hope her sister got CW to explain Arkansas to her.
Comes from Poland and gets to live in Utah and Arkansas. That's certainly an interesting tour of the US!

Reaction Score
So say you are Geno and Cardoso wants to come to UConn, do you take her (considering UConn got already ONO, AE, DJ, AD and PG)?
I take her in a heartbeat she and ONO can split time at Center the rest divvy up time at forwards unfortunately PG gets really no time at all andit also cuts into Time for Griffin and Mir. The guards will have one heck of a competition although Sailor and Caroline can go in at small forwards and set up on the three-point line for catch and shoot opportunities. So yes I take her no questions

Reaction Score
Imani Lewis - 6-1 Forward , Wisconsin
Nyah Green - 6-1 Guard , Louisville
Amay Finklea-Guity - 6-4 Center, Syracuse
Lexi Gordon - 6-0 Guard/Wing, Texas Tech, Connecticut
Celeste Taylor - 5-11 Guard, Texas
Elizabeth Balogun - 6-1 Wing?, Louisville

Honestly, 6 quality transfers for Kara. If she gets them to play hard and together, they should be back in the top 25 this year. If her portal success translates to the recruiting trail, Duke will be a national program pretty soon.

Reaction Score
Imani Lewis - 6-1 Forward , Wisconsin
Nyah Green - 6-1 Guard , Louisville
Amay Finklea-Guity - 6-4 Center, Syracuse
Lexi Gordon - 6-0 Guard/Wing, Texas Tech, Connecticut
Celeste Taylor - 5-11 Guard, Texas
Elizabeth Balogun - 6-1 Wing?, Louisville

Honestly, 6 quality transfers for Kara. If she gets them to play hard and together, they should be back in the top 25 this year. If her portal success translates to the recruiting trail, Duke will be a national program pretty soon.
Liz gonna have to play the 4. Too many guards. They have Jordan Oliver too

Reaction Score
Anna's sister ended up at Arkansas St.

I hope her sister got CW to explain Arkansas to her.
Comes from Poland and gets to live in Utah and Arkansas. That's certainly an interesting tour of the US!
Is there really any explanation for Arkansas?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, is Balogun a grad-transfer? If she isn't, she will most likely have to sit out next season since she already transferred once from Ga Tech to Louisville.

Lexi Gordon is a grad-transfer; so, only one season to be played at Duke for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom