April Transfer thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Figure KY would be in the mix for Cardoso allowing her to reunite with her old aau & high school teammates Hunt & Massengill

Reaction Score
Am I the only one on this board that feels bad for Quentin Hillsman?

View attachment 67007
I never liked him that much, his teams seem to be overly aggressive, close to dirty and causing injuries. But this is beyond bizarre at this point. Has any team ever lost this number of players or even close to it, including so many starters? I guess there will be an explanation some day. I can't imagine a HS player or a transfer saying, "Oh, I think I will go there, it must be wonderful." I don't know how you get past this as a coach. I hope this is not an indication of what transferring without having to sit out a year is leading to.

Reaction Score
So say you are Geno and Cardoso wants to come to UConn, do you take her (considering UConn got already ONO, AE, DJ, AD and PG)?
Absolutely. I don’t think it makes sense to turn this girl down. If we get her it will definitely make managing the roster and minutes hard, but honestly I think Geno would rather an abundance of talent than otherwise. Plus minutes will work itself out, players not happy will be able to transfer and practice will determine all. I’m very excited about the idea of her coming to UConn.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Is Q in the portal yet?
Q made the portal what it is . . .

f10b8e343de616faff03926632fda076.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As much as I dislike ND, I would like to see her go there. It would give you a two way inside presence who would compliment the inside/out game of Westbeld at the 4. Miles is a great PG to build around, and Citron & Mabrey would stretch the floor. She would instantly make ND a top 10-15 team, which is honestly good for WCBB.

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman ? and I'm willing to put that in writing✍️!

I'd love to have the ACC Coach's Co-Freshmen of the Year together in the same lineup. Just think, if the opposition has another big, 6'5" Nat Marshall could join Cardoso, pushing Maddy out to the elbow.ik

Alas, me thinks Niele will have to get the Irish back (way) over .500 to draw in this calibe of transfer. However, I do have high hopes for Nat Marshall, who has rehabbed well from her knee injury.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I feel bad for him. But, I want Priscilla Williams to enter the transfer portal and come to Texas . . . :p

Hah, you and I owe each other a Lone Star. ? ;) I just wrote the exact same thing on the Bench (ND had a cup of coffee with her in Missouri once she moved there with the 'fam.).

Reaction Score
The reality is...if she commits to Uconn, then someone from Uconn will be visiting the portal. ONO is in her last year, so I don't think it will be her...although anything is possible. More like Piath, McClean or Aubrey.
You never know. But to be honest I agree and I’m also okay with that. I’d love to keep them all, but I would really love for everyone to flourish and get their time to shine, wherever that is.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cardoso would give UConn seven top-5 recruits on the same roster and that doesn't count Edwards, a top-5 talent. Six of those seven were ranked #1 by at least one recruiting outlet. Only Ducharme never reached #1 but is #5 at ESPN.

Just wanted to see that in writing since I doubt it'll happen.

Reaction Score
The reality is...if she commits to Uconn, then someone from Uconn will be visiting the portal. ONO is in her last year, so I don't think it will be her...although anything is possible. More like Piath, McClean or Aubrey.
Players with Kamilla's athletic ability don't come around often, see Stewie. What Kamilla needs is a coach who will make her work hard on all the basics, to add to the physical ability.
Going to Louisville would be a waste of time, see Dana Evans, Walz recruits well but doesn't get the most out of his players.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Hah, you and I owe each other a Lone Star. ? ;) I just wrote the exact same thing on the Bench (ND had a cup of coffee with her in Missouri once she moved there with the 'fam.).
Well, I will one up you in that she attended part of her school years in the Houston area, and had Miss. State as one of her other four finalists (Florida State, Louisville, Mississippi State and SMU) when Schaefer was there. And, we need someone to replace Celeste Taylor . . .

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I always knew Geno missed coach the US NT. He is now looking at recreating that experience with a slightly younger group of women that he actually gets time to practice with. (And that will listen to him a little more than DT and Sue ever did in international play.)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Figure KY would be in the mix for Cardoso allowing her to reunite with her old aau & high school teammates Hunt & Massengill
I was thinking West Virginia could have a chance as she and Esmery Martinez were also high school teammates.

Reaction Score
Well, I will one up you in that she attended part of her school years in the Houston area, and had Miss. State as one of her other four finalists (Florida State, Louisville, Mississippi State and SMU) when Schaefer was there. And, we need someone to replace Celeste Taylor . . .
Any names thrown around to replace Coach Harris?

Reaction Score
Imagine if you had a job you liked at a company working with people you liked and pretty much all of them left.

Would you consider leaving as well?

In that situation, I did end up choosing to leave. May not have been the right call in retrospect, but it's hard not to get caught up in the momentum of something like that.
Point taken, but I would still want to know why everyone on the team left were I the AD. It would at least be worthy of a conversation.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Point taken, but I would still want to know why everyone on the team left were I the AD. It would at least be worthy of a conversation.

If I were the AD, I'd like to have a very intense conversation about why this happened and why I wasn't brought in on the leak before it became a flood.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Naw.... all the Syracuse transfers headed to the warm South...... going to UConn from Syracuse would be like going from Siberia to Greenland :p (apparently Y-U-K-O-N is censored on this board)
Stewie effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01