Anglin announcing Wednesday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anglin announcing Wednesday

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sr. Gaffney, Soph Diggins, Fr Floyd, Soph Hawkins, and Andre Jackson is a lot of competition for perimeter minutes. PT is probably not an easy sell to guards at this point.

And potentially even Cole returning. This feels more like a nice to get than need to get.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sorry, not familiar with this kid. And then ask why?

My question is why even post? And the KO addition, just brilliant, well thought out.
Still a fair question. Why are folks going to be "devastated" if we don't land this particular 3 star?

Reaction Score
This kid is an outstanding shooter, a pure shooter. He fits with all the athletes we have, esp a key guy like Andre, who is awesome but can't shoot at all. He is a ZONE-BUSTER!!! Someone showed some stats showing he was #1 in 3 Pt % at the Peach Jam, yes #1!

Further, he's an undersized two in Myles Powell, Markus Howard, even CV mold, those kind of kids are dominant college players potentially because you have them 4 years.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Still a fair question. Why are folks going to be "devastated" if we don't land this particular 3 star?

The same reason folks would've been "devastated" if we missed out on 60th ranked recruit James Bouknight.

Reaction Score
He hasn’t even committed anywhere yet. None of the national guys with credibility have made a forecast yet. Can we just sit back and wait

Reaction Score
Because it's a sport. And I watched him for a couple weeks and emotionally invested into us getting him.

And also I'm exaggerating for effect.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
so hurley watched a player that's already committed more than anyone else? i understand the need to keep up a presence but to that extent?
Perhaps Floyd approached UConn about their opinion for a reclassification and the coaches felt the only way to give him a proper assessment was to observe his play against good competition.

Reaction Score
I mean look if we lose out on Anglin the program isn’t going to fold but I don’t understand how someone can look at his game (unless they don’t really follow recruiting) and not see his potential to be a major contributor in college. There’s not a lot of playing time available when he’s a freshman but I’d be willing to bet he would be the best shooter on the team from day 1.

Reaction Score
His jumpshot is freaking beautiful and shooting such a high percentage on a high volume for 3 in the chaos of the peach jam atmosphere is really impressive. If we get him, I'll be pumped. If Georgetown does, I think he will do well there and I hope he listens to Ewing and feeds the post instead of torching us for a bunch of threes lol

Reaction Score
I'd love to have Anglin but if you read the tea leaves, its not looking likely.
Add in that Floyd MIGHT be on roister this year and I fear that Anglin is very unlikely.

This team really NEEEEEEEEEDS SHOOTERS!
IMO, too many stud running and jumping athletes and not enough shooters / shot makers.

I'll preface my comments by saying Danny has really done a great job improving recruiting from where we were prior to him coming on board. However, a criticism is that we don't have enough shooters. Cant have just 1 or 2, need multiple guys who can actually shoot and thus spread out the defense making it easier for the athletes to do their thing.
Emphasis, MOOOOORE SHOOOOOOTERS PLEASE!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I'd love to have Anglin but if you read the tea leaves, its not looking likely.
Add in that Floyd MIGHT be on roister this year and I fear that Anglin is very unlikely.

This team really NEEEEEEEEEDS SHOOTERS!
IMO, too many stud running and jumping athletes and not enough shooters / shot makers.

I'll preface my comments by saying Danny has really done a great job improving recruiting from where we were prior to him coming on board. However, a criticism is that we don't have enough shooters. Cant have just 1 or 2, need multiple guys who can actually shoot and thus spread out the defense making it easier for the athletes to do their thing.
Emphasis, MOOOOORE SHOOOOOOTERS PLEASE!!!!!!
Agree with the rest but confused by the Floyd comment. Don't see how Floyd coming in 2021 instead of 2022 would affect Anglin's decision

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There are no make or break recruits out there. If they do not get this kid, they will get another kid and that will be fine.
That's what I'm thinking. He's not the only kid who can shoot and this staff isn't one to put all their eggs in one basket.

Reaction Score
dang man I really like this kid. It seems to be pointing to Gtown.
Not sure what's going on here. We have all the athletes you could possibly want but need more shooting. Anglin is probably the best three point shooter in the class, I already had him penciled in with Karaban to solve our shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom