Anglin announcing Wednesday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anglin announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
What’s with the meltdowns up here? Our staff has been DYNAMIC on the trail and im POSITIVE we didn’t put the full court press on. This kid would of been a nice 4th guard but cmon y’all

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What’s with the meltdowns up here? Our staff has been DYNAMIC on the trail and im POSITIVE we didn’t put the full court press on. This kid would of been a nice 4th guard but cmon y’all

home-design.jpg

Reaction Score
I mean I’ve been reading the yard for years and i
have been contributing for quite some time as well but with the job the staff has done for 3-4 years now and they wanna belly ache over this kid? Ppl wanna complain just to complain

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I mean I’ve been reading the yard for years and i
have been contributing for quite some time as well but with the job the staff has done for 3-4 years now and they wanna belly ache over this kid? Ppl wanna complain just to complain

I just meant this place is what this place is. People get attached to the shiny new thing. We do need shooting and Anglin lit it up at Peach Jam, but if we don't get him I'm not going to lose a second of sleep.

Reaction Score
Not sure what's going on here. We have all the athletes you could possibly want but need more shooting. Anglin is probably the best three point shooter in the class, I already had him penciled in with Karaban to solve our shooting.
What’s going on is we May have been beat out hahahaha. Not sure what’s confusing

Reaction Score
I think people see a guy that makes 3 point shots so successfully that he is considered one of the very best shooters in the class, if not the best, per ESPN. He was interested enough in us to have an unofficial visit and our hopes are up. People are disappointed if he goes elsewhere, but not complaining. He can handle the ball, makes some steals with ball pressure, and drew 3 charging fouls in the last game. He makes shots in the clutch. He's also likely to be a 4 year player based on size. On 100 3 point shots he is going to make 15 more than other guys that are considered good shooters. That is 45 points more than the guys shooting 30% to 35% and can make a huge difference in outcomes or final possessions. If we don't get him it is not complaining to be disappointed.

Reaction Score
Seriously. People seem to be implying that, if Anglin doesn't choose UConn, it means the staff backed off. In sport and in life, even when all competitors do their best, there's only one winner.
But it is very clear our staff ,intentionally , didn’t put their best effort in on this one .

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I think people see a guy that makes 3 point shots so successfully that he is considered one of the very best shooters in the class, if not the best, per ESPN. He was interested enough in us to have an unofficial visit and our hopes are up. People are disappointed if he goes elsewhere, but not complaining. He can handle the ball, makes some steals with ball pressure, and drew 3 charging fouls in the last game. He makes shots in the clutch. He's also likely to be a 4 year player based on size. On 100 3 point shots he is going to make 15 more than other guys that are considered good shooters. That is 45 points more than the guys shooting 30% to 35% and can make a huge difference in outcomes or final possessions. If we don't get him it is not complaining to be disappointed.
The real fun will be seeing all the “he’s just a 3 stars” saying he’s “a shorter Ray Allen” if he ends up at UConn

Reaction Score
This kid is better than 4th guard. Forget the rankings. This guy is a special shooter.
Lightning quick release and shoots an amazing %.

Reaction Score
I don't see a meltdown in this thread. The real meltdown will be this board or game thread when not having enough shooters costs us games. Perhaps then people will understand why some are mildly disappointed if we don't land him. In the end we will be ok but it's certainly an achilles heel of our team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure what's going on here. We have all the athletes you could possibly want but need more shooting. Anglin is probably the best three point shooter in the class, I already had him penciled in with Karaban to solve our shooting.

What’s best for UConn might not be what’s best for the kid. If you wanted to go somewhere and have a clearer path to playing time…which school would you pick?

Reaction Score
What’s going on is we May have been beat out hahahaha. Not sure what’s confusing
If we were beat out. And that is still a BIG IF.
I wouldn't have an issue if it was to a program clearly better than us.
However, if its GTOWN, then I'll be a bit disappointed. We should not be losing recruits to GTOWN At this point.

Reaction Score
If we were beat out. And that is still a BIG IF.
I wouldn't have an issue if it was to a program clearly better than us.
However, if its GTOWN, then I'll be a bit disappointed. We should not be losing recruits to GTOWN At this point.
Gtown has some cache with recruits still. As seen by them having a 5 star this past year

Reaction Score
Lol the classic switch of "We need this guy! This guy is a MUST! The staff has to close this one!" to "Eh, he's a limited player, we can do better. Four year guy. Staff backed off" when reports surface he might not choose us.

If he doesn't come to UConn, the reality is we really wanted him and he didn't choose us. We desperately needed consistent shooting from the guard position, and he would've been the answer.

Are we screwed? No. Onto the next. Remember when we lost that Brandon Jennings guy? We did okay with Kemba :)

Whatever happens best of luck to the young man. If he doesn't choose us, would love battles against him with Georgetown.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm not devastated, nor do I think we won't recover as a program ... I just really like him as a player and have for awhile.

I also think our 3 point shooting is a bit suspect and we can use a big time shooter, so he fills a huge need, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Lol the classic switch of "We need this guy! This guy is a MUST! The staff has to close this one!" to "Eh, he's a limited player, we can do better. Four year guy. Staff backed off" when reports surface he might not choose us.

If he doesn't come to UConn, the reality is we really wanted him and he didn't choose us. We desperately needed consistent shooting from the guard position, and he would've been the answer.

Are we screwed? No. Onto the next. Remember when we lost that Brandon Jennings guy? We did okay with Kemba :)

Whatever happens best of luck to the young man. If he doesn't choose us, would love battles against him with Georgetown.
Are we saying he's a limited player and we can do better or are we completely devastated we might not get him? I'm losing track of all the false narratives from everyone in this thread. Everyone needs to get their stories straight.

Reaction Score
if not us glad it's gtown. a rising tide lifts all boats and the BE benefits from a resurgent gtown more than any other school besides us and nova.

assuming cole plays a 5th year, right now we only have room for 2 more of karaban, rodgers, or starling anyways. if necessary i'd rather sign a transfer for '22 than a 5th highschooler.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This kid is better than 4th guard. Forget the rankings. This guy is a special shooter.
Lightning quick release and shoots an amazing %.
So he was going to come in and play ahead of gaff diggins Hawkins Cole?

Reaction Score
Still a fair question. Why are folks going to be "devastated" if we don't land this particular 3 star?

I didn't reply to whether it was a fair question or not did I? Just checking, only wondering why he would ask when he admitted he knew nothing. There will be no devastation from me, but would like the kid if he selects us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom