Anglin announcing Wednesday | The Boneyard

Anglin announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Cat Please GIF by swerk

Reaction Score
I thought the feeling from most was we had a really good shot here….don’t like seeing that crystal ball
I think the feeling was if the staff prioritized him we would have as a good a chance as anyone . Based off how much time Hurley spent watching the Rens recently and the timing of this decision , it would seem they never made him that big of a priority .

Reaction Score
The staff doesn't usually keep secrets from the boneyard insiders so the fact we had no lead up to this announcement is a little concerning. He may have literally just decided where he is going or he hasn't told the school he is committing to yet, but the timing strikes me as not UConn. We know Anglin likes UConn and the staff recruited him hard, so hoping for the best. Rankings be damned I want him.

Reaction Score
The staff doesn't usually keep secrets from the boneyard insiders so the fact we had no lead up to this announcement is a little concerning. He may have literally just decided where he is going or he hasn't told the school he is committing to yet, but the timing strikes me as not UConn. We know Anglin likes UConn and the staff recruited him hard, so hoping for the best. Rankings be damned I want him.
Idk zags had an article saying he was committing right after peach jam. so they knew.

Reaction Score
Idk zags had an article saying he was committing right after peach jam. so they knew.
Well I mean more from the angle of our insiders knowing he was in the bag for UConn before announcing - we had it with Floyd & Clingan for this class. Really not much on Anglin other than a lot of interest by Hurley & staff.

Reaction Score
Well I mean more from the angle of our insiders knowing he was in the bag for UConn before announcing - we had it with Floyd & Clingan for this class. Really not much on Anglin other than a lot of interest by Hurley & staff.
Yeah I didn’t feel that same buzz from the staff that we normally get when someone is about to commit.

Reaction Score
If they miss here, a lot of pressure is on them to land Starling, otherwise they'll have to scramble for a new guard target or wait for the transfer market.

Reaction Score
If they miss here, a lot of pressure is on them to land Starling, otherwise they'll have to scramble for a new guard target or wait for the transfer market.
really baffled how this situation ended up here. Really exactly what we needed

Reaction Score
Sr. Gaffney, Soph Diggins, Fr Floyd, Soph Hawkins, and Andre Jackson is a lot of competition for perimeter minutes. PT is probably not an easy sell to guards at this point.
Hawkins and Floyd will be more wings i’d guess. And we play a lot of 3 guard sets anyways.

Reaction Score
AAU kids talk among themselves and know which way they're leaning re: college choices. And it does influence their decisions .. Fans are usually the last to know.

It is what it is.

Reaction Score
Hawkins and Floyd will be more wings i’d guess. And we play a lot of 3 guard sets anyways.
Could be, but that's still a lot of non-4s vying for minutes and all were highly recruited. Particularly compared to Georgetown, who has a potential 1 and done SG and one decent freshman PG as the only people in your way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom