Anglin announcing Wednesday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anglin announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Based off how much time Hurley spent watching the Rens recently and the timing of this decision , it would seem they never made him that big of a priority .
news to me. another instance of BY assuming he was a bigger target than he truly was? if staff wasnt watching anglin who were they watching? karaban? rodgers? starling?

Reaction Score
Maybe Denver sees himself as the next AI at Georgetown?? Would love to have him in Storrs

Reaction Score
news to me. if they werent watching anglin who were they watching? karaban and rodgers? starling?

# of games they played in, how many times a UConn coach watched them (so if we had 3 guys at one game it's counted 3x), then how many times Dan watched them.

(15 games) Floyd: 14x, Dan 5x

(10 games) Anglin: 7x, Dan 1x

(5 games) Starling: 6x, Dan 2x

(8 games) Karaban: 14x, Dan 4x

(14 games) Rodgers: 10x, Dan 1x

Kimani was really the one who watched most of Anglin's games. He was alone most of the time. He's basically been on this recruitment solo it seems.

Our priorities are clearly developing a relationship with Floyd, and Karaban. Starling the most prioritized guard.

Reaction Score
Sr. Gaffney, Soph Diggins, Fr Floyd, Soph Hawkins, and Andre Jackson is a lot of competition for perimeter minutes. PT is probably not an easy sell to guards at this point.
Potentially RS Sr. Cole as well from what some have said. Regardless, I’ll be bummed. He was super fun to watch at Peach Jam.

Reaction Score
I love this kid. Disappointing if true, but I’m not complaining. We are reeling in talent like crazy. I hope we get him, but if not, we’ll get someone else with great talent.

Reaction Score
(15 games) Floyd: 14x, Dan 5x
(10 games) Anglin: 7x, Dan 1x
(5 games) Starling: 6x, Dan 2x
(8 games) Karaban: 14x, Dan 4x
(14 games) Rodgers: 10x, Dan 1x
so hurley watched a player that's already committed more than anyone else? i understand the need to keep up a presence but to that extent?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He said before or early on at the Peach Jam that he was deciding shortly after. That makes me assume he had a decent idea at that time who he was going to pick.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
dang man I really like this kid. It seems to be pointing to Gtown.

Reaction Score
so hurley watched a player that's already committed more than anyone else? i understand the need to keep up a presence but to that extent? staff as a whole watched starling even less than anglin...prob doesnt bode well
Have to take into account the games played, Anglin's team went deep so they had more chances. 8 times in 10 games for Anglin, 8 times in 5 games for Starling

Reaction Score
Have to take into account the games played, Anglin's team went deep so they had more chances. 8 times in 10 games for Anglin, 8 times in 5 games for Starling
sure but floyd only played 1 more game than rodgers yet hurley watched them 5x versus 1x. guess we also assumed rodgers was a bigger target than turns out.

the 6x and 2x for starling couldve been a total of 2 games out of 5 with 3 assistants and hurley at each.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Could be they are comfortable with guards they have and are fine going in to the spring with Karaban , Floyd, and Clingan . If it does turn out they need a guard there will be plenty in the transfer portal . I believe Dan also spent a lot of time watching the 16s games which would make sense if 22 class is almost set with Karaban .

Reaction Score
so hurley watched a player that's already committed more than anyone else? i understand the need to keep up a presence but to that extent? staff as a whole watched starling even less than anglin...prob doesnt bode well

Watching already committed players a lot is normal. Plus we are clearly targetting Team Final as a program to invest our time in. They have a ton of young talent. Tom has a great relationship with the program... we need to keep investing.

I'd focus on the staff members per game. There's such a range of games played because of Covid.

Starling only played in 5 games. We have 1.2 staff members per game vs 0.7 staff per game for Anglin.

Floyd - 0.9 (Dan at 33% of his games)
Anglin - 0.7 (Dan at 10% of his games)
Starling - 1.2 (Dan at 40% of his games)
Karaban - 1.8 (Dan at 50% of his games)
Rogers - 1.4 (Dan at 7% of his games)

Totally an imperfect way of measuring this. The schedule has a big impact on who we were able to watch. But it seems pretty clear that Karaban is priority #1. And we really didn't watch Floyd as the #s would suggest... he was playing 2-3 days later than everyone when most teams have left. We probably would have Karaban at a 2.5 or more here if he had played through the finals too.

Reaction Score
1) I think we forgot what happened in the past when coaches didn’t keep up with committed recruits.
2) I’m sure if there are rumors of Floyd coming this year, Dan prob wanted to get a good look at how he’d fit in, his level of readiness, etc

Reaction Score
so hurley watched a player that's already committed more than anyone else? i understand the need to keep up a presence but to that extent?
Well he is Corey’s coach now...

Reaction Score
Sorry. Not familiar with this kid. Why are people so thrilled about Top 150 3 star. Is KO our coach again?

Reaction Score
Sorry. Not familiar with this kid. Why are people so thrilled about Top 150 3 star. Is KO our coach again?
By most accounts, he's vastly underanked. He is one of the best shooters in the class and that is an area of need for us. Also, he just had a pretty solid showing at the Peach Jam where he shot a great percentage from 3.

Reaction Score
Danny watching is the bell weather. There is a coverage of various games by assistants, not only to see top targets but to see if someone else elevates themselves.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
so hurley watched a player that's already committed more than anyone else? i understand the need to keep up a presence but to that extent

Floyd plays with and against some very good players, so far from a shock that Hurley was at his games more often than not.

But also, you don’t stop recruiting your own recruits until you see them on campus unpacking their stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom