Anglin announcing Wednesday | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Anglin announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Damn. Obviously I don't know anything about staff priorities, but we definitely recruited him pretty hard and there was some level of mutual interest. Don't think I've been this emotionally invested in a recruit since Kofi. Anglin is definitely going to rise in the rankings and be a baller in college. Probably will be the best 3 point shooter in the Big East for a couple years. Wish him nothing but the best except the 2-4 times he plays us each year.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Congrats Denver, I think he'll be a solid player and keep developing. I think he saw more PT opportunities at GT, and that makes sense. Excited to watch him ball.

He kind of reminds me of those small-ish Georgetown guards over the years, actually.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
talent? confidence? class? an 'organized mind?' that would be mr cam whitmore, who, when first noted here, was 100+ in rank, and those rankings, like many others from the experts, were appropriately mocked here. some of those 'expert' sites say we might still be in the hunt, idk, but i sure hope so since 'UConn: “It's been going good, they said they're recruiting me for the guard position' was said once upon a time.
'The one thing that everybody I have spoken with can agree upon is that Whitmore and his family are pretty straightforward people and that his recruitment is one without many outside or complicating influences. '
UCLA Offers Nations No. 30-Ranked Prospect Cam Whitmore (247sports.com)
some now have him at 30. how do u go from 100+ to 30? couch surfing is not an olympic sport.
face it, the explosion of online hoops experts is mostly just hot air hookers lookin for clickbait. cf 'the nba draft.'
give me 6'6'' 2 guards who score at will, rebound like machines, know where every single player on the floor is, and being of top shelf character, all day long and twice on sundays. please.
I've been high on Cam Whitmore for some time now. Haven't heard much on him lately so I assumed he was no longer a priority or he decided he was no longer interested in us.

Reaction Score
I've been high on Cam Whitmore for some time now. Haven't heard much on him lately so I assumed he was no longer a priority or he decided he was no longer interested in us.
He took us off his list

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
iirc, you were the first here to post his videos. nailed it, props.

Reaction Score
We successfully recruited Akinjo under different circumstances, lost him to Georgetown, and he went on to Arizona, and now Baylor.

We lost to Georgetown in recruiting Qudus Wahab, and he'll be at Maryland next season.

And now we more or less lost Denver Anglin to Georgetown. His mixtape excited many including me, and his Peach Jam performance confirmed the coaching staff's good early eye.

Not devastated.
I really thought Gtown was going to really take a leap forward this season until Wahab left. The program has a bright future but his leaving set their timetable back a bit.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the decision, I respect the kid for not making a big show out of this. I get that kids like the attention and want to do their list of 10, list of 5, etc. It's all about marketing yourself and the dog and pony show is part of it. But there's something that I respect about just taking your visits, keeping it close to the vest, and just saying "this is my decision" once he's made up his mind.
With his offers from Ivies, I’m biased to expect a kid like that has a good head on his shoulders and isn’t as prone to the egotism that recruiting can bring. Just from personal experience, my HS classmates who ended up at Ivy schools tended to be very modest about their college choices while the kids who went to other private schools had a higher likelihood to be the nauseating type.

Regardless, it’s always great to see talent sign in the Big East and I’ve enjoyed seeing the steady improvement of Georgetown over these last 2/3 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom