Anglin announcing Wednesday | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Anglin announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Denver is a sniper/instant offense kind of guy.. The talent DH has assembled and is targeting are multi-dimensional players/skill-sets.. If Denver wants to be the man..GTown is probably a better fit..

Talent attracts talent and UConn is emerging as a Program to play for (again)..

We can adjust if Denver is anglin for GTown.

Would take JHawk's talent over Denver's all day long.
Anyone would take JHawk over him.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
The lack of a general consensus among the other insiders on the board makes me feel like it’s a no. Who was the last recruit we got that guys on here didn’t have a beat on

Reaction Score
The lack of a general consensus among the other insiders on the board makes me feel like it’s a no. Who was the last recruit we got that guys on here didn’t have a beat on
Sanogo maybe?

Reaction Score
I want Anglin more than the next guy and I’ve wanted him for awhile but... I feel like it’s the Hoyas and even though it’s a reach I think Anglin is wearing his college’s hat in this pic and it just looks like a Hoyas hat rather than a uconn hat after a quick google search.

43D82BBC-05FD-43C3-A11F-0A9333D6D36D.jpeg

Reaction Score
We’re not getting this kid, it’s not a big miss.. This overreaction like he’s a top 20 kid is embarrassing, RELAX.
It's the fit. He's an undersized (4yr player) sniper a la Myles Powell that was #1 shooter % wise at the Peach Jam. Hurley/staff have been terrific at infusing talent, but they have not really brought in enough shooting thus far (something I think they are well aware of after the non-Bouk rockfights (not Xavier) and general struggles offensively much of last year esp vs. better teams.

We need shooters. This kid is a sniper. He does it in big spots like the Peach Jam.

We'll be fine but doesn't seem like we have a ton of options re: guards coming in. (I don't follow recruiting closely like i used to)

I'm not at all in the camp like a lot of posters that we shouldn't bring in competition because
1) we hurt current kids feelings
2) Top 100 kids are scared off by the returning players on the roster!

I guess it's the Coach Calhoun in me but neither of these are valid to me. Think we can be great again and soon but if we're worried about hurting kids feelings or that our returning guards scare anyone, we're not. If we were worried about feelings he never would have recruited Rip b/c of Rash Jones, who became a nice role player on a title team and great all-around person.

Our guards need to be better and competition will do that, esp someone like Gaffney that plays tentative but has so much more in there - so excited for Diggins and Hawk!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A few people seemed to indicate we didn’t go all-in on Anglin based on who we watched the most at Peach Jam. Is it possible the staff knew he was a Georgetown lean, and because of that made sure to spend plenty of time watching Starling?

Reaction Score
A few people seemed to indicate we didn’t go all-in on Anglin based on who we watched the most at Peach Jam. Is it possible the staff knew he was a Georgetown lean, and because of that made sure to spend plenty of time watching Starling?
Unless we are getting him. Then I’m obviously way off. Zion’s appearance without saying his word of doom is throwing me off.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I’m still wondering where all these overreactions are?

People reacting to non-existent overreactions are worse than anyone saying they wish he chooses UConn but looks unlikely.
Agreed, no one is getting heartbroken. Think the general consensus is that this kid is a good shooter and will rise in ranking and would be nice to have, nothing more and nothing less.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Agreed, no one is getting heartbroken. Think the general consensus is that this kid is a good shooter and will rise in ranking and would be nice to have, nothing more and nothing less.

Yeah I love his game, I think he’s underrated but not like a top 20 kid. And I think he fits a need and, coming in 22 but being a seemingly 4 year guy, he’ll fit in nicely with the roster for awhile.

Not sure why that’s even arguable, honestly. No one’s acting like the responses are claiming, that’s for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom