Americans Abroad | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Swansea man's golden opportunity and the dilemma it could give Potter

We're down to two senior center backs. CCV being one of them. It's a miracle this class b has been as successful as they have been this year. Ownership has sold off almost everyone and brought in barely anyone. Then they claim the finances are a mess, which is likely, and that's why there are not many transfers in.

Here's to hoping CCV can fill the void!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not surprisingly as Chelsea has been doing this for years, Miazga has been loaned out to Reading

I love that Chelsea gave up on Mo Salah and the Special One is still saying it wasn't his fault.

Reaction Score
Bayern sign American Booth, 17, from RSL

Looks like Chris Richards will have another American with him at Bayern.

This has apparently been in the works for over a year, it just took this long for Booth to get an Italian passport through his mother's family to play immediately. I remember watching Taylor Booth at the U-17 WC and being impressed. Hopefully this move proves to be a boon for reaching his potential and not a hindrance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Getting the heir of Renya away from the clutches of MLS Marketing, i.e. UMSNT management, and signing with a club that by all accounts does well with player development is a solid move.

And his Dad is the GM of NYCFC too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If only that long volley against Germany hadn't curved left at the last moment...

And Tyler Adams looks like the real deal to me, Leipzig is 2-0 with him as a starter, outscoring the opposition 7-0. He's fitting right in with his teammates and he even looks like a natural during the opening ceremony.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Interesting comment:

The blackmail I was talking about was about Matt Miazga,” (Nantes manager) Halilhodzic mesaid. “He assured me that he had a sore back. After exams, however, there was no problem... He just wanted to leave the club.”
So Miazga and CCV have gone from Prem clubs, where they weren't getting PT, to Championship clubs. Hopefully Miazga gets consistent PT like CCV just got.

Reaction Score
So Miazga and CCV have gone from Prem clubs, where they weren't getting PT, to Championship clubs. Hopefully Miazga gets consistent PT like CCV just got.

I would be surprised if Miazga ever plays a real game for Chelsea. Chelsea buys young talent in quantity, sends them to lesser leagues to develop and then figures out who a Champions league level player is. I loved Miazga as a kid at NYRB and won't be surprised to see him playing in the Barclays, but not for Chelsea. CCV, however, is a different story. Poch doesn't stockpile large amount of potential talent, and from all his statements seems to believe that CCV should develop into a good top level player. Obviously he has a ways to go, but I think he's far more in Spurs long term plans than Miazga is in Chelsea's.

Reaction Score
Hence, my cited article’s related interesting comment, i.e., as if Gio independently albeit appropriately decided to pursue Europe’s challenges, potential career-enhancing benefits, etc

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And Tyler Adams looks like the real deal to me, Leipzig is 2-0 with him as a starter, outscoring the opposition 7-0. He's fitting right in with his teammates and he even looks like a natural during the opening ceremony.

And today Adams doesn't get into the game until the 91st minute as Leipzig gets shut out.

Reaction Score
Granted it's not exactly starter's minutes, but Sargent got into another Bundesliga game for Bremen today (they won 4-0, he came on in the 88th). He's now played in seven of their last eight BL fixtures and even scored 2 goals. Working his way into their forward rotation very nicely.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My two AA Hot Takes:

Yedlin was really good today. I understand it's against worst team in the EPL, but touch is touch and good decisions are good decisions. He's looked good the last few times I've seen him.

Tim Ream is brutal. Where's he playing next? I'm thinking the Revs.

Reaction Score
Pulisic to Chelsea might be a disaster. Maybe there is a chance he’ll be able to play for someone competent after Sarru gets canned. Right now it looks like staying out at Dortmund would have been the right call.

Hearing Berhalter actually got off his MLS stamped arse and left the US to watch some players in Germany. This weekend he took in Wolfsburg/Gladbach and saw John Brooks and Fabian Johnson.

Reaction Score
hope to see him back in the MNT picture. Ive enjoyed watching his freedom on the wing at Gladbach

Other than Demarcus Beasley, who is still younger than Zlatan. There isn’t a single American MLS Fullback that I would pick over him. He should be in the picture if he is healthy.

Reaction Score
hope to see him back in the MNT picture. Ive enjoyed watching his freedom on the wing at Gladbach
Completely agree. Obviously we have no idea where a 35-year-old Johnson will be come 2022, but for now, he and Yedlin are far and away the outside backs in our A-lineup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom