Americans Abroad | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
You're right there is not much I can do to help you understand. Go ahead and wallow in your blind hatred, it seems to make you happy. You should have a great time this summer whining about the lack of USA.

See Thomas Rongen for the smoking gun. You just got owned. Again.

Reaction Score
Too bad you don’t have an intellect to cloud.

If you’re so stupid that you fail to see how Arena owns a piece of this then you have nothing to discuss with me.

I don't think anyone on this board denies that Arena doesn't "own a piece of this" based on qualifying results alone.

Not sure why you think Arena was still responsible for player selection or recruitment after he resigned.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone on this board denies that Arena doesn't "own a piece of this" based on qualifying results alone.

Not sure why you think Arena was still responsible for player selection or recruitment after he resigned.
Because zoo is not a real bright person. That fact/reality thing gives him all kinds of problems.

Reaction Score

If you think the primary reason he switched is due to what happened after Arena left then you are nuts.

This is a symptom of not qualifying. Plain and simple.

Besides. Arena is gone but his hand picked staff of losers remain. It’s like he never left.

Reaction Score

If you think the primary reason he switched is due to what happened after Arena left then you are nuts.

This is a symptom of not qualifying. Plain and simple.

Besides. Arena is gone but his hand picked staff of losers remain. It’s like he never left.

Do you even read the messages you reply to??

Reaction Score
Do you even read the messages you reply to??

Then what are you nitwits arguing about?

Meyers’ first response was that this had nothing to do with Arena.

He failed to qualify.

His staff failed to land Gonzales.

This is pretty simple.

Reaction Score
There's some good news for today to lessen the loss of Gonzalez: Timothy Tillman, a German U-20 prospect, has switched allegiances to the United States. Plays for Bayern at the club level.
USMNT news: Bayern's Timothy Tillman ready to join U.S. U-20 team, says Tab Ramos | Goal.com

He's HIGHLY rated by both Bayern and the German National setup. Sees a lot of time with Bayern II (their U-23's) already. Didn't think we'd even sniff him after he played some German U-20 Euro qualifiers in September. This is a major, awesome, and unexpected turnaround. Has a younger brother also in the Bayern youth system that's part of our national setup already.

EDIT: Admittedly it's tough to rate these younger players (see: Green, Julian) but if you're going to be upset about Gonzalez you better be happy about Tillman.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
EDIT: Admittedly it's tough to rate these younger players (see: Green, Julian) but if you're going to be upset about Gonzalez you better be happy about Tillman.

Why wouldn't we?

Reaction Score
What's his story? If he's on pace to get a real look from the German fed, why switch?

Reaction Score
What's his story? If he's on pace to get a real look from the German fed, why switch?
Frankly, no idea. He's not been a "true" starter for the German youth teams but he gets PT and a lot of call-ins. Could be as simple as family pressure. His father's a serviceman and as previously mentioned his brother is pretty solidly in the US youth picture. He's a nice piece and yet another promising piece in attack. If they all pan out, there is oodles of high-potential attacking players in our youth ranks. Wright, Carleton, Sargent, Keaton Parks (gets first-team minutes for Benfica in the MF, tho more as a CDM like McKennie), Weah (should he not switch now that George is the Liberian president), now Tillman, and the 2001-born striker Konrad de la Fuente at Barcelona.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you look at the number of 21 yr olds & unders attached to big clubs, we might have a shot at the whole thing in our lifetime. It's an exciting time, however tainted by the dinosaur that is Bruce and the "traditional" process

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There's some good news for today to lessen the loss of Gonzalez: Timothy Tillman, a German U-20 prospect, has switched allegiances to the United States. Plays for Bayern at the club level.
USMNT news: Bayern's Timothy Tillman ready to join U.S. U-20 team, says Tab Ramos | Goal.com

He's HIGHLY rated by both Bayern and the German National setup. Sees a lot of time with Bayern II (their U-23's) already. Didn't think we'd even sniff him after he played some German U-20 Euro qualifiers in September. This is a major, awesome, and unexpected turnaround. Has a younger brother also in the Bayern youth system that's part of our national setup already.

Guess we gotta blame this on Arena too, right zoo? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom