Americans Abroad | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
He also made a tremendous run and left it on a plate for a teammate who promptly kicked right at the keeper.
That look was unreal. If Kovacic scored that, you are talking about the top play of the day. It was world class.

Reaction Score
Pulisic got a standing ovation coming of the field last night. He’s been getting mad minutes and is probably getting tired.

The Daily Star had him as the highest rated player 9/10 on the Chelsea side.

Reaction Score
Yes!!!! Tyler Adams is finally back for RB Leipzig today! In the starting XI for their match with Augsburg. They’ve been so good this season but I’ve got full confidence in Adams getting PT there if he’s healthy. After Pulisic he may be the most important player for our future.

Reaction Score
It’s moderately old news, but Wes McKennie is out until mid-February with a separated shoulder. Landed on it after going up to challenge a header. He won’t miss any USMNT action tho. It would be nice to have him, Adams, Dest, Pulisic, Brooks, amongst others on the pitch at the same time.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen this name in ages. While things have not worked out well for the kid, he's only 22 and maybe he can turn things around in New York by first staying healthy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Haven't seen this name in ages. While things have not worked out well for the kid, he's only 22 and maybe he can turn things around in New York by first staying healthy.

Yea, that's the biggest thing for him.

Reaction Score
I will be abroad in a few weeks. Any recommendations on how to get tickets? It’s during the winter break so I am looking to get Arsenal tickets. It’s against Newcastle so I am thinking it shouldn’t be too difficult or too expensive. Any secondary brokers to trust?

Reaction Score
Any recommendations on how to get tickets?
LFC supporter here - I have done more research than needed for Anfield and I have learned not to trust the secondary market (mostly based on numerous horror stories from Americans who've been screwed over) - for LFC, the answer was to find someone with a ticket connect / Season ticket holders - or - buy directly through the clubs hospitability program, which is expensive but guaranteed and from reviews incredibly worth it - be careful with scalpers, same issues with some of the secondary market there - if you are connected with Arsenal supporters groups on social media, post this same question, many of the members will have experience at the Emirates and can direct you better than this rambling answer - hope this can give some direction!

good luck and have fun!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or you could go to a Man City home game and buy tickets at the door.

Reaction Score
I will be abroad in a few weeks. Any recommendations on how to get tickets? It’s during the winter break so I am looking to get Arsenal tickets. It’s against Newcastle so I am thinking it shouldn’t be too difficult or too expensive. Any secondary brokers to trust?

Scammers are a definite threat, which is why clubs, including Arsenal, have put in a few roadblocks. The first Arsenal match I caught in January of 2017, I was staying at a high-end hotel for work and asked the concierge for tickets to a Sunday match against Burnley. He provided me with a an existing member's 'borrowed' card with the ticket downloaded onto it, which cost me GBP 100 (plus another GBP 50 that I got back after returning the card) in cash for a seat Section 96 in the top corner (good sight-lines, though). For the second game I caught at Emirates in 2018, I had enough lead time before my trip to purchase an Arsenal Red 'Lite' Membership online for about GBP 30. That allows members to purchase 'match day' tickets or to bid on others (think StubHub). I spent GBP 60 for a seat in the top deck; bit in the lower half right in the middle of the pitch in section 91 to watch the Gunners slip by Southampton in April.

You membership 'level' determine what 'priority' you have. The two games I caught were 'low' interest games, so not hard to get, though still expensive. Getting any big name tickets, say Liverpool, the two Manchester clubs, and the local London clubs (even West Ham) are very difficult to get. Newcastle is not a great team; but, they have a very loyal following. That said, this season, you should be able to get tickets.

By you want to get to your seat about 30 minutes before the start to catch some of the pre-game festivities. In addition, give yourself an hour to get from whatever tube station you get off at (I took the Piccadilly line to Arsenal) as it takes that long to work your way through festival-like atmosphere surrounding the stadium before (at least that's what its like on Drayton Park, which is in between the old stadium and the new stadium). Also, like other sporting events globally, get any Arsenal gear before the match away from the stadium unless you want to pay a premium. Lastly, if you buy a pint in the stadium, you have to drink it in the concourse, they don't allow one to bring drinks back to their seats.

Reaction Score

Game winning assist against PSG

As a Lyon fan (and as opponent of buying hardware instead of developing talent), any game winner against PSG is great, a 17 year old American setting-up the game winner is an amazing bonus.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don't buy from the secondary market especially if wanting to see any of the London or Manchester teams - scammers are unreal
Not sure if Newcastle will be as easy as some may think - their fans are many and they do sellout a lot - they also travel well
Do your homework and ask the folks at the better hotels - they will steer you right because they don't want to get a bad rep from recommending a rip off to a client - scalping isn't as open as in USA but when done it is more of a iffy situation.
Best of luck - its' a festive occasion for sure

Reaction Score
Can’t wait for Berhalter and the MLS people to tell us that Reyna isn’t ready for the USMNT.

Reaction Score
Reyna is England eligible and could get a England call up soon. Doesn’t mean he will take it, but it’s possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom