Americans Abroad | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
We have a second league already. And it is loaded with signings from all over the world.

You don’t seem to understand that this already exists.

Besides MLS Next Pro is just a pro league for the academies. It’s not even what you are describing.
Totally wrong on this. Next Pro is not for the academies. Wrong. They are bringing in all ages and pros from all over the world, only this time it's going to be farm teams for MLS. Quote from someone involved: "It's the baseball model."

Reaction Score
Totally wrong on this. Next Pro is not for the academies. Wrong. They are bringing in all ages and pros from all over the world, only this time it's going to be farm teams for MLS. Quote from someone involved: "It's the baseball model."

Believe me. The MLS 2 teams will be plopping their academy kids there. Almost everything MLS does is about controlling labor and depressing the cost.

Reaction Score
They're freakin owned by billionaires.

Well on the P and L lines the 2 teams are always in the red.

Jesus, there are MLS teams that wouldn’t run academies if they didn’t have to.

Reaction Score
Believe me. The MLS 2 teams will be plopping their academy kids there. Almost everything MLS does is about controlling labor and depressing the cost.
I'm telling you this league is built to supplant USL. It will. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Of course, in 2023 hey will start adding USL teams too if those teams go to an academy model.

And many of them will. Heck, the Pitt Riverhounds are already there.

Reaction Score
I'm telling you this league is built to supplant USL. It will. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Of course, in 2023 hey will start adding USL teams too if those teams go to an academy model.

And many of them will. Heck, the Pitt Riverhounds are already there.

No it’s not. MLS even said they weren’t going to try and lure USL D3 clubs away. Are you even paying attention?

Reaction Score
No it’s not. MLS even said they weren’t going to try and lure USL D3 clubs away. Are you even paying attention?
So--what independent clubs do you believe they intend to add if not top USL clubs?

I know for a fact this is MLS's plan to supplant the USL.

MLS is quite explicit--even in public--about adding independent clubs to MLS Pro, and they are announcing the expansion clubs in the next few months.

You believe these aren't going to be clubs like the Riverhounds? I guarantee that the Riverhounds and the like are who they are talking about. And they wouldn't have said it if they didn't already have clubs like that in mind.

Reaction Score
So--what independent clubs do you believe they intend to add if not top USL clubs?

I know for a fact this is MLS's plan to supplant the USL.

MLS is quite explicit--even in public--about adding independent clubs to MLS Pro, and they are announcing the expansion clubs in the next few months.

You believe these aren't going to be clubs like the Riverhounds? I guarantee that the Riverhounds and the like are who they are talking about. And they wouldn't have said it if they didn't already have clubs like that in mind.

They will go after NISA or expansion clubs.

Educate yo self.

“At the same time, Altchek stressed that MLS has no intention of returning to the days of the USL-NASL turf war or similar conflicts that put stress on the American lower tiers. MLS isn’t targeting, and doesn’t plan on targeting, any independent USL clubs for MLS Next Pro membership.

“We have a great relationship with the USL. We’ve been working collaboratively for a number of years and we’re continuing to do so,” he said. “But the time has come for us to control our own competition and everyone knows that.”

Reaction Score
They will go after NISA or expansion clubs.

Educate yo self.

“At the same time, Altchek stressed that MLS has no intention of returning to the days of the USL-NASL turf war or similar conflicts that put stress on the American lower tiers. MLS isn’t targeting, and doesn’t plan on targeting, any independent USL clubs for MLS Next Pro membership.

“We have a great relationship with the USL. We’ve been working collaboratively for a number of years and we’re continuing to do so,” he said. “But the time has come for us to control our own competition and everyone knows that.”
I'll make a bet with you, because I've talked to someone in the office who said the exact opposite, and it's going to happen soon. 2023.

Reaction Score
I'll make a bet with you, because I've talked to someone in the office who said the exact opposite, and it's going to happen soon. 2023.

Your friend is uninformed. These teams were the least popular and had the lowest attendance in the USL. There is no threat LOL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well since you talked to a guy in the office....

Reaction Score
Well since you talked to a guy in the office....
Any time I've discussed changes well ahead of public announcements on this forum, they've happened. So--look for teams like Pitt being added, look for the reintroduction of USSF into organizing the academies. It will happen.

The reason this new league was developed was to cut off all talk of relegation in the USA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I say zero "teams like Pitt" will be added to this stupid league in 2023. The Cosmos and the Rhinos, maybe.

Reaction Score
Any time I've discussed changes well ahead of public announcements on this forum, they've happened. So--look for teams like Pitt being added, look for the reintroduction of USSF into organizing the academies. It will happen.

The reason this new league was developed was to cut off all talk of relegation in the USA.

Sounds like a terrible idea that all should be against.

No way a League comprised of 2 teams that gets attendance in the dozens is going to supplant USL which is fairly popular in comparison.

No independent teams want to play farm/reserve teams. There is no juice.

The USL is already kind of awful. This would be worse. And literally nobody is afraid of a moribund Rochester with “Jamie Vardy” money behind them. LOL.

Reaction Score
I say zero "teams like Pitt" will be added to this stupid league in 2023. The Cosmos and the Rhinos, maybe.

The Cosmos hate MLS. No way. They are still actively suing MLS and USSF for good reason.

Reaction Score
C3AEFC5F-9E9D-49EF-B62C-C0DA5EF4A31B.jpeg

Awesome graphic right here! Lot of talent overseas

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that Chris Armas is the #2 manager at Man U and the players have already started referring to him as Ted Lasso in a non complimentary way?

Armas was fired by the Red Bulls and Toronto.

Notably he was fired from Toronto after winning only 2 in 15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom