All right, enough. Get Delaney on the phone. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

All right, enough. Get Delaney on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rutgers lags behind the rest of the Big Ten in pretty much every way imaginable. That school got the best, most lucky deal in all of realignment.... Rutgers hasn't done anything to write home about athletically...ever.

We are aware.

Reaction Score
Old-time historical athletic departments were taken ahead of us. It's that simple. But we now have a historical athletic department, too. Our day will come.

More like old time historical football programs, IMHO.

As an entire athletic department, there was no reason for the ACC to have bypassed UConn. But, they did, and, I for one am hoping that Swofford is working behind the scenes to get you all in here.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I don't think Rutgers hoops is any worse than UConn football...besides, UConn isn't AAU.

In the words of Huey Lewis: "I'm happy to be stuck with you"

Reaction Score
I don't think Rutgers hoops is any worse than UConn football...besides, UConn isn't AAU.

In the words of Huey Lewis: "I'm happy to be stuck with you"

It is worse.

Much worse.

As bad as UConn football is, UConn actually had a .500 record or better against the top teams that just left, like Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville. Rutgers basketball on the other hand has done nothing but finish at the bottom of the conference. UConn football actually finished first in the BE twice. Rutgers bball hasn't even managed the fourth quartile.

UConn has been touted by the AAU recently as having a new model for AAU schools.

Reaction Score
Back when I was in school we used to call Fairleigh Dickinson Fairly Ridiculous. We thought it was funny. I still do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess there are three questions in the next few years:

1) Does the B1G definitely want to expand before the TV contract

2) Will they still demand - or will UConn be - an AAU school

3) Will the athletic success of Rutgers leave any lingering taste in the minds of presidents and Delany as they look over UConn's candidacy and the early returns on going to the Northeast
#3 worries me. I take no schadenfreude in the suckfest that is Rutgers athletics.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
There is this great assumption that everyone wants 16 teams...yet no one has done it.

I just don't see it happening.

Reaction Score
There is this great assumption that everyone wants 16 teams...yet no one has done it.

Well, sure, but that's silly. Nobody had 12 and then most did, and then nobody had 14 and then they did.

Reaction Score

Make no mistake about it, Jim Delany would absolutely take the B1G to 16 RIGHT NOW, provided he could get teams he wanted. Namely Carolina and Virginia.

Or, he could also grab UConn, and, one more from another group of schools, to get there.

Or, he could take the league all the way to 20.

Reaction Score

It's not an assumption. It's a desire spoken by the conferences themselves. Both the B1G and the ACC heads have talked about 16 being desirable.

Reaction Score
uconndogs said:
I remember that game. Almost had a heart attach. That kid went off like nobody's business and just started thowing it up once he got past half court. Talk crap to Ray Allen and backing it up.

Elijah Allen, but it was 1998 and Ray Allen was already in Milwaukee. He scored 43 and I think his previous career high was 25. And he did it mostly on Ricky Moore, who clearly went into the offseason determined to never, ever let anything like that happen again.

Reaction Score

Not sure if you remember but the Pac-12 was considering going to 16 very strongly not too long ago by adding Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Reaction Score
Ughh. Go away. It's bad enough we have to be in a conference with you. Do you have to be on our message board?

Gotta say, I feel the same way as you about our conference affiliation but that seemed a little uncalled for.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you remember but the Pac-12 was considering going to 16 very strongly not too long ago by adding Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

He/she obviously did not know, or else, he/she would not have made that prior statement.

Reaction Score
Gotta say, I feel the same way as you about our conference affiliation but that seemed a little uncalled for.

You're right. I think I'm burned out on conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Elijah Allen, but it was 1998 and Ray Allen was already in Milwaukee. He scored 43 and I think his previous career high was 25. And he did it mostly on Ricky Moore, who clearly went into the offseason determined to never, ever let anything like that happen again.

Found this on youtube.

Reaction Score
UConn actually played Fairleigh Dickinson in an early First Round NCAA game ... as I remember. They had a small kid that threw up lots of shots.

Point of Parliamentary Procedure: Is there even such a thing as an early first round game?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Attendance for tonight's game against FDU was 466.
FDU is in Northern Jersey so probably about a 50 minute drive. Wouldn't be shocked if some of those 466 were friends and family from the area. It's just unbelievable.....

Reaction Score
Point of Parliamentary Procedure: Is there even such a thing as an early first round game?
sure... there are 32 games over two days in the first round (in 1998). early first round means day one and probably the noon game. as opposed to game #32 at 11:00pm on Friday.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

And notice it DID NOT happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom