All right, enough. Get Delaney on the phone. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All right, enough. Get Delaney on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The guy lied on his resume, for heaven's sake. What a great lesson for the students at Rutgers.
He didn't lie. He simply reconfigured the truth to fit a story that was better suited to him getting a job. So ya see, this is nothing like a lie.

Reaction Score
ru-fdu.jpg

Reaction Score
Rutgers lags behind the rest of the Big Ten in pretty much every way imaginable. That school got the best, most lucky deal in all of realignment.

Say what you will about Maryland football, but at least the Big Ten can say that in Maryland it poached an ACC school that is second to only UNC in the conference in total number of national championships and conference titles. Rutgers hasn't done anything to write home about athletically...ever.

Reaction Score
Does the 392 include the players and coaches?

Seriously, that has to be a typo.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
uconndogs said:
Does the 392 include the players and coaches?

Seriously, that has to be a typo.

It's not. A writer hand counted and tweeted a number during the game of like 325 which included the kids who had played in a game beforehand.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rutgers basketball is seeing a rocket-like surge in interest in their men's basketball program!

466 people showed up to see their Scarlet Knights lose to Farleigh Dickinson...previously regarded as perhaps the worst team in Division One.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Rutgers basketball is seeing a rocket-like surge in interest in their men's basketball program! 466 people showed up to see their Scarlet Knights lose to Farleigh Dickinson...previously regarded as perhaps the worst team in Division One.
Let's see... Carry the 1... Yep that's a 24% increase game over game! WATCH OUT NOW!

Reaction Score
Huh? I never knew it was the Scarlet Knights vs the Knights. Cool...a joust of sorts.

In fact, I'd never heard of Farleigh Dickinson as a university or a basketball program. The name was faintly familiar however and I thought maybe it might be a relative of Emily. I googled to become more informed.

Reaction Score
Let's see... Carry the 1... Yep that's a 24% increase game over game! WATCH OUT NOW!

At this rate, they will have 112,000 fans a game in 13 years.
Buy tickets now. Invest in Tesla motor cars!

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Huh? I never knew it was the Scarlet Knights vs the Knights. Cool...a joust of sorts.

In fact, I'd never heard of Farleigh Dickinson as a university or a basketball program. The name was faintly familiar however and I thought maybe it might be a relative of Emily. I googled to become more informed.
If memory serves me well, FDU did well in the GE College Bowl hosted by Allen Ludden in the 60's

Reaction Score
UConn actually played Fairleigh Dickinson in an early First Round NCAA game ... as I remember. They had a small kid that threw up lots of shots.

Reaction Score
It would be awesome if several thousand UConn fans went down there for the game and just completely made it a home game for the huskies.

Reaction Score
UConn actually played Fairleigh Dickinson in an early First Round NCAA game ... as I remember. They had a small kid that threw up lots of shots.

I remember that game. Almost had a heart attach. That kid went off like nobody's business and just started thowing it up once he got past half court. Talk crap to Ray Allen and backing it up.

Reaction Score
Rutgers basketball is seeing a rocket-like surge in interest in their men's basketball program!

466 people showed up to see their Scarlet Knights lose to Farleigh Dickinson...previously regarded as perhaps the worst team in Division One.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe these numbers are right.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but I can't believe these numbers are right.

Help?

"When Rutgers tipped off on Monday night, there were 266 people in the seats at the Rutgers Athletic Center. Ten of them were from the two teams that played in the first game of the night's doubleheader — Fairleigh Dickinson and Norfolk State — who sat for a few minutes eating a free post-game meal. Three were Rutgers athletic officials and four students sat doing there homework."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball...9_as_six_players_score_in_double-figures.html

Reaction Score
WTF! I've played in rec leagues that had a larger attendance. Good luck with that Delaney.......

Reaction Score
As a university that would love to get a miracle life raft to the B1G, do we want Rutgers to suck so bad and draw so few that it even makes Delany re-think his strategy of eastward expansion? Or at the very least strengthen the resolve of the Presidents who want to keep it a midwest conference as much as possible?

Reaction Score
It's a good question. But, in all honesty, I have to believe at the end of the day it may simply be recognized for what it is - a poor choice. UCONN or Rutgers. Proven success or somebody who just happens to be sitting on more attractive real estate (television sets). They think they brought in potential. But, man oh man, when your hoping to break 500 in attendance for a guys basketball game, you have a long way to go.

Reaction Score
I guess there are three questions in the next few years:

1) Does the B1G definitely want to expand before the TV contract

2) Will they still demand - or will UConn be - an AAU school

3) Will the athletic success of Rutgers leave any lingering taste in the minds of presidents and Delany as they look over UConn's candidacy and the early returns on going to the Northeast

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
It's more likely that how UConn performs -- in football and basketball and hockey, and in fan support, and in TV audience, and in academics and research -- will determine our fate, than anything Rutgers does. I think they knew going in that Rutgers was weak athletically and had tepid fan support. But they wanted a state with 10 million people and access to NYC, and they have that. If we perform, they'll pick up UConn as a content draw and a New England markets / strengthening NYC play.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but attendance of 392........I mean holy duckk! Where do you go from there? Shoot for the moon to break 1,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom