All right, enough. Get Delaney on the phone. | The Boneyard

All right, enough. Get Delaney on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The attendance at the Rutgers' basketball game last night was 392.

At any given time, there are 392 people on line for beer at a UConn game.

The Big Ten has to be given a do-over here. We'll wait by the phone.

Reaction Score

Rutgers Al just wants Delany to Add Uconn here.

Reaction Score

It is "enough already" - it has been "enough already" for more than 2 years. We are left as supplicants to the ACC or the B1G now for no f...ing good reason. UConn shouldn't be the last taken or not taken - UConn should have been long gone to the ACC or the B1G. Compared to any of the old BE teams that got nods to P-5 conferences, UConn stands tall. We'll get there at some point and this BS will cultivate a huge chip on our shoulder. Surface now trolls - I'm ready for you.

Reaction Score
I've got an idea for them. You know how local high schools join teams together to save money? How about Rutgers and Seton Hall?

Rut'eatonHallgers Scarlet Knight-Pirates.

Reaction Score
When ESPN doesn't have a logo on file for Rutgers' adversary you know it's probably not against an RPI leader. Speaking of RPI, the AAC would be ranked in top 3 or 4 this year if we omit Rutgers. So, following that premise, maybe the B1G needs UCONN, if only to offset the impact of Rutgers' RPI will have on the conference. . .

Reaction Score
It is "enough already" - it has been "enough already" for more than 2 years. We are left as supplicants to the ACC or the B1G now for no f...ing good reason. UConn shouldn't be the last taken or not taken - UConn should have been long gone to the ACC or the B1G. Compared to any of the old BE teams that got nods to P-5 conferences, UConn stands tall. We'll get there at some point and this BS will cultivate a huge chip on our shoulder. Surface now trolls - I'm ready for you.
Old-time historical athletic departments were taken ahead of us. It's that simple. But we now have a historical athletic department, too. Our day will come.

Reaction Score
Rutgers.jpg

Reaction Score
Don't worry, Delany's on his way, but he's a deliberate man. He's made three acquisitions: Penn State; Nebraska; and Maryland/Rutgers. His acquisitions have been primarily about two things: 1) Markets and 2) content. Penn State was a gift. It was like Jessica Alba falling into your lap holding the goose that laid golden eggs under one arm and Rumpelstiltskin under the other. The Nittany Lions offered both content and markets. They were such no-brainers even Swofford would have had a difficult time them up. Nebraska was way more content than markets. More difficult that Penn State but still an easy pick up.

Maryland and Rutgers were all about markets and almost nothing about content (at least initially). Delany's got to prove he can sell the heart of the northeast megalopolis before taking on other "projects" in the region. Developing the northeast for the B1G is a long term effort and picking up additional baggage now won't shorten the effort. In fact, adding UConn before he's ready could lengthen it considerably. Nothing like offering an 0-12 product to an already skeptical buying public to tarnish one's brand.

In short, we're headed to the B1G. Unfortunately, when depends, in large part, on Rutgers and Maryland.

Reaction Score
Don't worry, Delany's on his way, but he's a deliberate man. He's made three acquisitions: Penn State; Nebraska; and Maryland/Rutgers. His acquisitions have been primarily about two things: 1) Markets and 2) content. Penn State was a gift. It was like Jessica Alba falling into your lap holding the goose that laid golden eggs under one arm and Rumpelstiltskin under the other. The Nittany Lions offered both content and markets. They were such no-brainers even Swofford would have had a difficult time them up. Nebraska was way more content than markets. More difficult that Penn State but still an easy pick up.

Maryland and Rutgers were all about markets and almost nothing about content (at least initially). Delany's got to prove he can sell the heart of the northeast megalopolis before taking on other "projects" in the region. Developing the northeast for the B1G is a long term effort and picking up additional baggage now won't shorten the effort. In fact, adding UConn before he's ready could lengthen it considerably. Nothing like offering an 0-12 product to an already skeptical buying public to tarnish one's brand.

In short, we're headed to the B1G. Unfortunately, when depends, in large part, on Rutgers and Maryland.
Hey come on man! We won on Saturday...1-11!

Good post though, I like to think this way myself. It's going to be longer than any of us would have thought or liked 2 years ago, but I think eventually a combination of 2-6 teams incuding Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa State, UConn. Virginia, UNC, GTech, or Missouri make the jump.

Reaction Score
Hey come on man! We won on Saturday...1-11!

Good post though, I like to think this way myself. It's going to be longer than any of us would have thought or liked 2 years ago, but I think eventually a combination of 2-6 teams incuding Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa State, UConn. Virginia, UNC, GTech, or Missouri make the jump.

Do you see the B1G going all the way to 20 teams?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say I see it, and I certianly don't predict it. But I could envision at the end of the Big 12 GOR the most valuable properties in the Big 12 are interested in moving to the B1G. At that point it would not shock me to see the B1G do another push for who they really want in the ACC as well.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say I see it, and I certianly don't predict it. But I could envision at the end of the Big 12 GOR the most valuable properties in the Big 12 are interested in moving to the B1G. At that point it would not shock me to see the B1G do another push for who they really want in the ACC as well.

Thats not far-fetched at all.

I think Delany will make one more run at UVA and UNC. But, its my own belief that they will stick with the ACC. As long as those two, FSU, and, Clemson are fairly content, the league will survive.

Reaction Score
FDU's 1-6 record was misleading because they loaded up their early schedule with guaranteed losses like Hofstra, Hartford, St. Peter's, Norfolk State and perennial powerhouse Metro State. When you've played that level of competition even the daunting task of facing Rutgers looks winnable.

Reaction Score
LMAO. They were up three with a minute left. Looks like homegrown Eddie is another letdown.

The guy lied on his resume, for heaven's sake. What a great lesson for the students at Rutgers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't mock Metro State. They buried Canisius tonight. They are probably better than 150+ D-I teams.

Reaction Score
Is Metro State D1?, Where is it located? Is it a school comprised exclusively of metro sexuals?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Metro State is the #1 team in D-2. Been in the last few D-2 Final Fours.

It's in Denver.

Reaction Score
I remember when Bridgeport was a D2 power. Those were some fun teams to watch. High level basketball for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom