2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think something to consider is RJ Cole returning. We can add 4 freshmen and bring him back. We know he grew up a UConn fan and loves UConn, and its unlikely that the NBA is the future. Wouldn't surprise me if he opted for a last ride at UConn vs playing overseas.
Definitely possible, but he'll be completing his 5th season next year. A free masters might be tempting tho.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
This could end up looking really prescient btw. No guarantees obviously but after a tough March and early April, things have really changed over the past month.
Great, now I’m not gonna be able to sleep because I’m too excited.

Reaction Score
If given a choice on you can only have one @Ricker who do you choose: Alex or Flip?
Unfair question because Filipowski by himself ruins my personal story line in which I am becoming vested in on the boneyard. In truth I would be equally thrilled from a basketball standpoint. They both finish, shoot, and facilitate. Each can play with Sanogo and Johnson. I'm a greedy bastard that wants them both because they both make other players better. I love that quality. Karaban gives me a national championship and brownie points for boneyard lore. Filipowski just gives me a national championship. I could live with that if forced on me.

Reaction Score
Unfair question because Filipowski by himself ruins my personal story line in which I am becoming vested in on the boneyard. In truth I would be equally thrilled from a basketball standpoint. They both finish, shoot, and facilitate. Each can play with Sanogo and Johnson. I'm a greedy bastard that wants them both because they both make other players better. I love that quality. Karaban gives me a national championship and brownie points for boneyard lore. Filipowski just gives me a national championship. I could live with that if forced on me.

Great answer thanks. Now I want them both for sure, would be fantastic to have 2 players with seemingly great intellect and so much ability to make them team better. Nice job as always!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"The 6-foot-7, 190-pound forward out of New Hampton (N.H.) School is skilled, tough and has a good feel and IQ for the game.
He has a face-up game to him, can make shots out to three, finishes through contact and is a good passer for the position. Karaban is an impactful glue-guy.

Finishes with either hand with ease. Rugged but can move out there.

Looks like a great college player in the making. Hard nosed aggressiveness.

Already looks like he could play immediately.

Reaction Score
"The 6-foot-7, 190-pound forward out of New Hampton (N.H.) School is skilled, tough and has a good feel and IQ for the game.
He has a face-up game to him, can make shots out to three, finishes through contact and is a good passer for the position. Karaban is an impactful glue-guy.

Finishes with either hand with ease. Rugged but can move out there.

Looks like a great college player in the making. Hard nosed aggressiveness.

Already looks like he could play immediately.

Yep agree. The left handed finishes always tell a story. He finishes confidently with both hands, not a throw with the left at all. Kid has the game we need and I agree one of those guys who would find minutes immediately.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think something to consider is RJ Cole returning. We can add 4 freshmen and bring him back. We know he grew up a UConn fan and loves UConn, and its unlikely that the NBA is the future. Wouldn't surprise me if he opted for a last ride at UConn vs playing overseas.
Correct. From what I understand he's not thinking of this coming year as his last at UConn.

Reaction Score
Alex K's game/skills remind me of the Providence kid--.Noah Horchler..BTW--meant as a compliment

Reaction Score
Alex K's game/skills remind me of the Providence kid--.Noah Horchler..BTW--meant as a compliment
Like the comparison like that PC kid too. Good news is AK has a higher ceiling from what I see.

Reaction Score
So, is a wider Giffey a good comp?
He seems to have better playmaking ability than Giffey. If Giffey got an open lane, he'd take it to the hoop but he generally wasn't looking to do that or finish in traffic/through contact. Hopefully he can shoot the three as well as Giffey that last season though! Karaban just looks like the picture perfect player for the modern college game. Really hope we can land him.

Reaction Score
Would be great to keep some of our NE talent home. Karaban/Flip/DC are just a few of the examples.

NYC/NJ/DMV/Philly players can ball. Staff needs some NE representation on the roster. Don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom