2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The 6-foot-7, 190-pound forward out of New Hampton (N.H.) School is skilled, tough and has a good feel and IQ for the game.
He has a face-up game to him, can make shots out to three, finishes through contact and is a good passer for the position. Karaban is an impactful glue-guy.

Finishes with either hand with ease. Rugged but can move out there.

Looks like a great college player in the making. Hard nosed aggressiveness.

Already looks like he could play immediately.
Donavon, flip and Karaban together can not only work but workout GREAT

Reaction Score
Is there any newer highlight videos of him? When i checked YouTube it looked like anything over a minute was quite old.

Reaction Score
Oh hell yeah

I really like his versatility. Does what it takes to win. Shoots the 3, posts up the mismatch, handles the ball etc. Tons of guys this age at 6'7 200lbs don't like to post up because it isn't the sexy thing to do to get you in the NBA.

I see some sneaky athletic plays too. He isn't jumping like Andre, but there's some dunks in traffics and on putbacks there.

Reaction Score
I really like his versatility. Does what it takes to win. Shoots the 3, posts up the mismatch, handles the ball etc. Tons of guys this age at 6'7 200lbs don't like to post up because it isn't the sexy thing to do to get you in the NBA.

I see some sneaky athletic plays too. He isn't jumping like Andre, but there's some dunks in traffics and on putbacks there.
seems like a wing to me that can play some stretch 4 if we need to go small so i don't see why a class of floyd, karaban, flip, and clingan wouldnt fit together nicely, at least on the offensive end. not uber athletic but shooting is the great equalizer. right now i'd gladly trade some of our athleticism for shooting.

Reaction Score
seems like a wing to me that can play some stretch 4 if we need to go small so i don't see why a class of floyd, karaban, flip, and clingan wouldnt fit together nicely, at least on the offensive end. not uber athletic but shooting is the great equalizer. right now i'd gladly trade some of our athleticism for shooting.

I don't think squeezing a committment out of Flip AND Clingan is going to happen with Sanogo here. Flip has some 4 skills, but will probably need to defend 5s for a while.

Dream class would be

Any 1 of Rice/Anglin/Williams/Taylor
Floyd
Karaban
Flip
Clingan

Reaction Score
Flip has some 4 skills, but will probably need to defend 5s for a while.
that was my only concern. clingan will also have trouble hedging or switching on a PnR and I wasnt sure if the same was true about flip. big defensive liability if neither big can do it.

Reaction Score
that was my only concern. clingan will have trouble hedging or switching on a PnR and I wasnt sure if the same was true about flip. big defensive liability if neither big can do it.

Flip will learn that way quiciker than Clingan. He can hedge and recover. I just don't think covering a college 4 is in his wheelhouse yet.

I think Flip at the 4 on offense, but 5 on defense... with the exact opposite for Johnson could be a deadly combo. Would put Johnson in position to block a stupid amount or shots and take advantage of his vertical spacing as a rim runner

Reaction Score
Flip will learn that way quiciker than Clingan. He can hedge and recover. I just don't think covering a college 4 is in his wheelhouse yet.

I think Flip at the 4 on offense, but 5 on defense... with the exact opposite for Johnson could be a deadly combo. Would put Johnson in position to block a stupid amount or shots and take advantage of his vertical spacing as a rim runner
This description of him and Johnson makes me want him much more.

Reaction Score
Let's analyze this player from a "woke" perspective wherein he so dominates in so many phases of the game our opponents will easily be demoralized and lose an immense amount of self esteem:

-shoots and makes from so far out he doesn't give defenders time to cover him.
-exhibits the ability to drive the length of the floor, around and through three or four defenders, for a dunk or off hand layup.
-aggressively drives and uses spin moves from all around the low post area to dunk on or layup over the defenders.
-shows great anticipation on passing from inside out, to outside in, to long lead passes and bounce passes on the break.
-handles the ball so confidently he looks like a first year starter.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Can anyone who’s seen him in person comment on his shot? In the clips, his touch looks good but form looks a little awkward.

Reaction Score
Can anyone who’s seen him in person comment on his shot? In the clips, his touch looks good but form looks a little awkward.

Not first-hand, but from nepsac people. Low release but %s are good. More of a catch shooter than off the dribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom