2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it safe to assume that these unofficals are due to our close proximity to these kids and covering travel expenses when it’s just a short car ride doesn’t make sense. There is nothing else to read into this than that...is that accurate??
A lot of these unofficials for '22 kids would have been done last year but COVID prevented them. We usually see the officials in the fall of senior year. So could see the same kids come back to games for officials then. Or because of the truncated time period they'll just use their unofficials and officials more judiciously and only unofficials on the locals.

Reaction Score
Is it safe to assume that these unofficals are due to our close proximity to these kids and covering travel expenses when it’s just a short car ride doesn’t make sense. There is nothing else to read into this than that...is that accurate??
It seemed before covid Hurley liked to do unofficials throughout the summer and then set up officials with his top targets at the start of the fall semester .

Reaction Score
If everyone stays healthy Martin's time gets cut. Good role player on a "big time" team. If we're big time next year Martin is not making any end of year Big East team.

If he is to make a BE team at all he will only need to finish better. If he finishes stronger and more consistent Hoops01 is spot on, the kid is easily our toughest Husky on the roster next year and best rebounder on both ends. If his % doesn't get better he will still get his minutes not sure who can take those and do the things he does.

Reaction Score
Or Martin just gets better at shooting and becomes a complete monster.

Martin that can shoot consistently from deep could be the best scorer on our team next year. He wasn't great at the rim, but finishing the year 1/17 from 3 in our last 8 games was terrible. We needed a semi-reliable scorer outside of Bouk and Cole on the perimeter and he just didn't step up to the plate.

Reaction Score
If everyone stays healthy Martin's time gets cut. Good role player on a "big time" team. If we're big time next year Martin is not making any end of year Big East team.
Wrong! We will see, he will NEED to make a end of yr BE Team for UCONN to be big time next yr

Reaction Score
Are they pretty much the same player??
Skill sets seem very similar, I know flip is bigger. Really like both their games and especially their outside shooting

Reaction Score
@UConnKev I was pleased to award you your 8000th 'like' for your generous associations of me to my multi year Karaban quest. I have had @HooperScooper and his son on board since the first mention. It is nice that the bandwagon has been filling up and now most importantly includes the staff according to @husky99. It is gratifying that so many boneyarders have been able to see him play well and embrace a similar opinion. Just luck that I'm able to see a few of these guys in the Lakes Region at Brewster and New Hampton. I'll be okay if we get Karaban, but check on me if we pull a trifecta with Filipowski & Clingan.

Reaction Score
@UConnKev I was pleased to award you your 8000th 'like' for your generous associations of me to my multi year Karaban quest. I have had @HooperScooper and his son on board since the first mention. It is nice that the bandwagon has been filling up and now most importantly includes the staff according to @husky99. It is gratifying that so many boneyarders have been able to see him play well and embrace a similar opinion. Just luck that I'm able to see a few of these guys in the Lakes Region at Brewster and New Hampton. I'll be okay if we get Karaban, but check on me if we pull a trifecta with Filipowski & Clingan.

If given a choice on you can only have one @Ricker who do you choose: Alex or Flip?

Reaction Score
This could end up looking really prescient btw. No guarantees obviously but after a tough March and early April, things have really changed over the past month.
In regards to recruiting?

did Murray make that much of a difference?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This could end up looking really prescient btw. No guarantees obviously but after a tough March and early April, things have really changed over the past month.
Anyone you feel good about at point? Diggins and Gaffney would be the only pure 1s on the roster.

Reaction Score
Anyone you feel good about at point? Diggins and Gaffney would be the only pure 1s on the roster.
I think something to consider is RJ Cole returning. We can add 4 freshmen and bring him back. We know he grew up a UConn fan and loves UConn, and its unlikely that the NBA is the future. Wouldn't surprise me if he opted for a last ride at UConn vs playing overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom