2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have plenty of pieces for next year. What we need is for 2 or 3 of them to be playing at all conference levels. Sanogo is the most likely to be doing that. We need Jackson or Akok to get there as well to be a Top 20 team.

We have a lot of pieces that could elevate to all-conference levels. I'll say that RJ and Rese are up there too--probably more likely than either Jackson or Akok tbh. Jackson just has a longggg way to go despite all the talent, and Akok may take time to get into game shape. Hawkins has freshman of the year potential also.

Reaction Score
Tom Moore: "I owe my career to Ricker. He is my inspiration, and our last hope as a program. We wanted him, but had to settle for Luke Murray. We're probably looking at a mid-conference finish for the forseeable future until we can get him as our recruiting coordinator"
lol. Tom Moore knows he can just check the Boneyard for free and get anything I've got. At that price he is still paying in excess of full market value, plus, confining my input to the boneyard has the added advantage of keeping contact with me to a minimum. From the staff's perspective, that means not having to hear Ricker preach every day that we need to adjust our defensive scheme so we can sell Clingan that he will not have to 'hard hedge' on every defensive possession.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of pieces that could elevate to all-conference levels. I'll say that RJ and Rese are up there too--probably more likely than either Jackson or Akok tbh. Jackson just has a longggg way to go despite all the talent, and Akok may take time to get into game shape. Hawkins has freshman of the year potential also.

I think Martin, after three years at this level, is what he is. A solid starter on a tournament at large team. I think more highly of him than many here, but I don't expect him to be at an all conference level. Hope I'm wrong.

RJ has that possibility, and I'm a big fan of the young man, and he was close to that level coming down the stretch, but I worry that without Bouk his shooting percentages are likely to go down, not up.

Next year will be interesting. I'm hoping that we're looking at the change from 93-94 to 94-95, where we returned the entire team but our star (then Donyell) and were at least as good if not better the following year. But that recipe required not just everyone making marginal improvements to their game -- it required that Ray Allen, who had been a roll player the year before, played at star level the next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone on our roster making that jump. So it's going to require more people to make smaller but still large jumps.

Reaction Score
lol. Tom Moore knows he can just check the Boneyard for free and get anything Ricker got. At that price he is still paying in excess of full market value, plus, confining Ricker's input to the boneyard has the added advantage of keeping contact with me to a minimum. From the staff's perspective, that means not having to hear Ricker preach every day that we need to adjust our defensive scheme so we can sell Clingan that he will not have to 'hard hedge' on every defensive possession.
fify

Reaction Score
Northeast power forward Alex Karaban showcases his skillset and feel

The northeast, like the west, has gone largely unseen the past year due to the pandemic shutdowns but Alex Karaban came out this weekend and displayed why high majors are in pursuit. The 6-foot-7, 190-pound forward out of New Hampton (N.H.) School is skilled, tough and has a good feel and IQ for the game.

He has a face-up game to him, can make shots out to three, finishes through contact and is a good passer for the position. Karaban is an impactful glue-guy for the Expressions program and is currently ranked as the No. 126 overall prospect in the 2022 class.

Recruitment: Karaban currently holds offers from UConn, Iowa, Oklahoma State and Iowa State amongst others.

Reaction Score
Got to talk with him for a bit this week. Super quiet kid, but super nice and humble. He seemed super excited about his recent offers especially UConn. Sounds like we are really pressing for him before he goes to IMG and gets more national exposure.

Reaction Score
Got to talk with him for a bit this week. Super quiet kid, but super nice and humble. He seemed super excited about his recent offers especially UConn. Sounds like we are really pressing for him before he goes to IMG and gets more national exposure.
He just got an LSU offer. Hopefully we don’t see his parents buying a beach house tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Karaban killing it this weekend at the Southern Jam Fest in Hampton, VA. Click on the minute and a half video of highlights of his 32 point outing (#21). My son has been following how he's doing.

My #1 want for the 3/4 spot¹ we're recruiting for. Rodgers and Whitmore are good good, but IMO Karaban is a total 3-4 year winner. The kind of guy that will do it all, can compliment a star player, will do whatever it takes to win, even if it isn't flashy.

Reaction Score
My #1 want for the 3/4 spot¹ we're recruiting for. Rodgers and Whitmore are good good, but IMO Karaban is a total 3-4 year winner. The kind of guy that will do it all, can compliment a star player, will do whatever it takes to win, even if it isn't flashy.
I like that at 6-7 he can really shoot. He's always been a good shooter and I expect he will continue that in college.

Reaction Score
I like that at 6-7 he can really shoot. He's always been a good shooter and I expect he will continue that in college.

We have shifted our recruiting in tghe last two months. Prioritizing shooters at the expense of some athleticism. It's a little late, but I'm glad coach seems to be realizing you need 3+ guys who can hit the 3 if you're going to compete at a top-25 level these days.

Reaction Score
We have shifted our recruiting in tghe last two months. Prioritizing shooters at the expense of some athleticism. It's a little late, but I'm glad coach seems to be realizing you need 3+ guys who can hit the 3 if you're going to compete at a top-25 level these days.
Awesome to hear. The games without Bouk were mostly dreadful to watch with all the bricks. let’s get some athletes and shooters, don’t have to be one or other.

Reaction Score
Karaban killing it this weekend at the Southern Jam Fest in Hampton, VA. Click on the minute and a half video of highlights of his 32 point outing (#21). My son has been following how he's doing.

Hopefully KW showed DH how overrated athleticism can be.

I just worry that Karaban makes too many shots, scores too many points and hasn't proved he can hedge well enough to play for us..... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think Martin, after three years at this level, is what he is. A solid starter on a tournament at large team. I think more highly of him than many here, but I don't expect him to be at an all conference level. Hope I'm wrong.

RJ has that possibility, and I'm a big fan of the young man, and he was close to that level coming down the stretch, but I worry that without Bouk his shooting percentages are likely to go down, not up.

Next year will be interesting. I'm hoping that we're looking at the change from 93-94 to 94-95, where we returned the entire team but our star (then Donyell) and were at least as good if not better the following year. But that recipe required not just everyone making marginal improvements to their game -- it required that Ray Allen, who had been a roll player the year before, played at star level the next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone on our roster making that jump. So it's going to require more people to make smaller but still large jumps.
Martin will be first team all conference my, 2nd team at worst. Very underated

Reaction Score
Martin will be first team all conference my, 2nd team at worst. Very underated
If everyone stays healthy Martin's time gets cut. Good role player on a "big time" team. If we're big time next year Martin is not making any end of year Big East team.

Reaction Score
Is it safe to assume that these unofficals are due to our close proximity to these kids and covering travel expenses when it’s just a short car ride doesn’t make sense. There is nothing else to read into this than that...is that accurate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom